Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 05:48 PM

2,404 posts, read 10,717,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leothelion View Post
I've been looking at Sunset Canyon Apts also but its waaaaaaay out there in left field. Are there any markets or shopping centers somewhat close to there?
Plenty of shopping...The Arroyo MarketPlace (google it) will be opening later this year, as will Town Square, there is plenty of shopping at Fort Apache and Tropicana and a mall at Grand Canyon and Flamingo. So far at the mall, however, there's only a Mervyn's, JCPenney, Sears Grand, Target Greatland, some furniture stores, and random other stores, the big portion (interior) of the mall and movie theaters havent been built yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2007, 01:57 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,369,979 times
Definitely to get a good nights sleep, you have to pay more for your apt. Where i live is generally quiet during the day, but now that the weather is warmer, everyone in the neighborhood seems to be out at the same time and alot of screaming kids that im not fond of hearing. Drives me nuts.
Even when i close all the windows I can still hear them.
But anyway...
Your best bet would be to find another poor soul on the board and go rent a place together. That way you can afford a nice place and most likely quieter.
If you rent in a HOA controlled community, you can tell your landlord about problems, and they can complain to the HOA and have the offenders shut up or eventually move out. So there's one thing.
I don't think there is any total cure besides moving to a mountaintop somewhere, but there are quieter places without all the riffraff noise.

Old 03-15-2007, 08:30 PM

289 posts, read 1,042,785 times
So much of this could be solved by decent windows. I used to live near LAX in Los Angeles and the city installed soundproofed windows in the surrounding neighborhoods because of jet noise. Instantly, all outside noise disappeared. You could be at my window yelling and I wouldn't hear you.

But now in Vegas - I hear every damned word everyone outside is saying.

A general rule though -- DON'T live near the pool no matter where you wind up!

Old 03-18-2007, 11:12 AM

14 posts, read 45,848 times
Are there complexes in the $1000 range that are quiet??

Old 10-26-2007, 11:13 PM

1 posts, read 2,547 times
Default anyone live in a quiet apartment complex

I've lived in Vegas a few years now and have not found a place that is quiet. I've lived in the same complex for almost 3 years (DI and Decatur) and seen the area deteriorate.

Maybe everyone that wants a quiet place to live (including myself) should band together and take over a complex, driving out the noise. It would be worth a complexes while considering where I live when the noise makers move, they usually leave thousands of dollars in damages to their apartments.

Old 10-27-2007, 01:33 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,369,979 times
The only way i know of to get rid of noisy neighbors or force them to be quieter is to live in a place with a really good HOA that doesn't take BS from anyone and gets things done.

Old 10-27-2007, 10:02 AM

201 posts, read 966,176 times
I live in Coronado Bay Club Apartments in the SW. No problems at all and i'm a big anti noise person. The usual dog barking, kid giggling type stuff but in general no riff raff. We had a few incidents over the last 6 months but none recently and none since a new security company is now here. I work overnights and sleep during the day with no noise prob's. I don't leave for work until 10:30pm so i'm up during evening hours and still no prob's. No teenagers to speak of or young troubled youths. Typically in the evenings the pool/hot tub are practically empty.

One bedrooms are around $1,000

Old 10-27-2007, 10:04 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,475,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejl127 View Post
I live in Coronado Bay Club Apartments in the SW. No problems at all and i'm a big anti noise person. The usual dog barking, kid giggling type stuff but in general no riff raff. We had a few incidents over the last 6 months but none recently and none since a new security company is now here. I work overnights and sleep during the day with no noise prob's. I don't leave for work until 10:30pm so i'm up during evening hours and still no prob's. No teenagers to speak of or young troubled youths. Typically in the evenings the pool/hot tub are practically empty.

One bedrooms are around $1,000
And that's the key to the whole thing- the people who are blasting radios, drinking on their patios, and letting their kids run around like idiots until midnight don't typically live in places where a 2br apartment will run $1200 or more. Of course, there are exceptions to every rule.

Old 10-27-2007, 11:11 AM

15,756 posts, read 38,334,498 times
I always suggest purpose built condos for this need. They are a little more expensive but they tend to be better built and have a lower riff-raff potential. Nothing like high owner occupancy to keep things controlled. Conversions are simply apartments though some, not all, are more tightly managed than apartments.

Old 10-27-2007, 01:44 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,230,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
I always suggest purpose built condos for this need. They are a little more expensive but they tend to be better built and have a lower riff-raff potential. Nothing like high owner occupancy to keep things controlled. Conversions are simply apartments though some, not all, are more tightly managed than apartments.
I agree totally Ole.......the apartment conversions arent worth the powder to blow em to....well...you know.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: