Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 10:18 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,218,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWingsFan View Post
The true words of someone young... "I want what I want because I want it."
Actually the watch words of an American Libertarian. Every see the revolutionary flag..."Don't tred on me"?

You are opposed to keeping the government in its place? Are you anti-American?

Note that a kid waiting on the street for pickup by a parent is not loitering. And a police officer who harrasses such a kid is violtaiting the law. Are you in favor of the police violating the law?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2007, 06:00 AM

1,608 posts, read 9,748,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Note that a kid waiting on the street for pickup by a parent is not loitering. And a police officer who harrasses such a kid is violtaiting the law. Are you in favor of the police violating the law?
That was his version that he was just waiting there for his parent. There are two sides to every story and it would be great to hear what the police officer thinks and why he asked him to move. Most likely he had a good reason for doing so and I stand by his decision. You sound anti-police, are you anti-police? Sad because if someone ever tries breaking in your home or hurting you they'll be the first people you call (in my case the first people I call after I get my gun). Lucky for you (and the kid) that they don't have to like you back in order to help you when you need it.

Me anti-American? What a joke. One minute you call me a racist for saying America shouldn't be taking over illegal immigrants and the next minute you say I'm anti-American. Get a grip, you are losing it!

Old 03-14-2007, 09:09 AM

Cops have harrassed male teenagers since the beginning of the profession. They harrassed me, they harrassed my brothers. That is how it is. I think it is because both have an attitude.

Of course there are two sides to the story...and both sides often lie.

Old 03-14-2007, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Cops have harrassed male teenagers since the beginning of the profession. They harrassed me, they harrassed my brothers. That is how it is. I think it is because both have an attitude.

Of course there are two sides to the story...and both sides often lie.
But in most cases I'll take the word of a cop over a male teenager anyday!

Old 03-14-2007, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWingsFan View Post
But in most cases I'll take the word of a cop over a male teenager anyday!
Then you are not very smart about truth. Both lie...my brother, while a DA in a midwestern city, got so tired of it he got one cop indicted. My brother says for stupidity. The guy gave exactly the same testimony in something like 15 trials in a six month period. Had the speech memorized.

Cops know what they are required to say and say it. Truth does not enter into the discussion.

Teenage boys are about the same. They tend to lie with less polish though...talk too much.

Old 03-15-2007, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Then you are not very smart about truth. Both lie...my brother, while a DA in a midwestern city, got so tired of it he got one cop indicted. My brother says for stupidity. The guy gave exactly the same testimony in something like 15 trials in a six month period. Had the speech memorized.

Cops know what they are required to say and say it. Truth does not enter into the discussion.

Teenage boys are about the same. They tend to lie with less polish though...talk too much.
And as I have said, when you are in danger my money is on the fact that you will call the cop, not the teenage boy!

The majority of cops are upstanding citizens, even if you are a anti-cop.

Old 03-15-2007, 08:42 AM

Where exactly is the "danger" in the harrassment of teen age boys by the police? You think someone will get hurt by a sharp insult?

Yup...cops never lie...and the toothfairy brings you money for the tooth under you pillow..

Old 03-24-2007, 02:28 AM

5 posts, read 33,335 times
It truly depends on where in North Las Vegas it is. NLV has some really nice newer homes north of Craig and west of the 15 freeway. I don't really know about apartments though.

East of the 15 by Nellis is not favorable to most unless you are on Sunrise Mountain.

A quick story about Northeast LV: I was driving on Lamb north of Cheyenne last year and was following behind a Chevy Impala (with no plates) that rolled down their window and shot at someone on the street. I haven't been over that way since.

Old 03-24-2007, 05:41 PM

13 posts, read 114,883 times
Thanks Taamara, Is that area the area thats closest to Nellis AFB . If not what is the area closest to nellis that is safe to live?

Old 03-24-2007, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalena View Post
Thanks Taamara, Is that area the area thats closest to Nellis AFB . If not what is the area closest to nellis that is safe to live?
Anything quite close to Nellis is to be avoided. First couple of miles around Nellis in most directions are touchy. For a start try west of Lamb and north of Lone Mountain. When you get to Camino al norte you can go as far south as Craig.

There is a wedge of development between Pecos and the Railraod and 215 which is close to Nellis and has ennumberable new rental homes.

Anyplace along 215 to the west is convenient to Nellis. If you go way west it gets to be a half hour commute.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas