Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 03:44 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,129,983 times

Advertisements

fyi....downtown is still the best deal.....semi controlled access to Fremont Street.[you have to have a ticket....something most panhandlers wont have]....Bands that you can actually hear and see.... sound and light show on the overhead....and more reasonable room rates.....

Old 12-23-2008, 04:47 PM

4 posts, read 8,349 times
Better deals downtown and I like the atmosphere a lot more. Depends on what you're into. I'd guess the strip crowd gets crazier.

Old 12-23-2008, 05:01 PM
jpk jpk started this thread

531 posts, read 1,864,739 times
Where do you buy tickets for Fremont St?

Old 12-23-2008, 10:48 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,511,811 times
I think downtown is back to the future for LV. Simplify it all over again as the big boys struggle and close shop.

Old 12-24-2008, 04:48 AM

85 posts, read 189,303 times
Here is a pretty good round up of everything going on in Las Vegas with prices --> Las Vegas New Years Eve Events

While some of the tix might sound pricey... In my experience for overall atmosphere it's been worth it. Of course... I loved Fremont Street back before the Canopy days when downtown had the best fireworks show. I've done the strip thing which was not as much fun... but still a lot of fun. If you've got the cash... hit one of the higher up nightclubs such as VooDoo lounge for great views of the fireworks and a bar you'll actually be able to get to. I hear Top of the World is also a great place for an intimate dinner with your special someone but I have not done it...

Make sure if you do the New Years Eve Party Ticket thing that you can come in and out as you please... You do not have to be stuck inside when the fireworks go off...

For the most part if you hit the strip or downtown... crowds have always been very good with the ratio of happy people to idiots great. Metro does a great job of getting rid of the idiots and throwing them in the paddy wagons so you better give them a big kiss or at least say Thank You. (Works better for the girls kissing the guys then the guys kissing the Metro Women for some reason.)

Tip your dealers and all of your service people well because it sucks working New Years Eve. Been there and did that long ago...

No matter what you do... stash money away for a cabbie because there is absolutely no reason to drink and drive unless you are a complete idiot. If you can't afford a cab... then stay home and watch it on TV.

And yes... Vegas is the absolute best place for New Years Eve where you can forget the economy, home values, your job and whatever else keeps you awake at night.

Old 12-24-2008, 11:28 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,129,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpk View Post
Where do you buy tickets for Fremont St?
The have ticket booths set up on the 3rd st entrance as well as several other places around the mall.

Tickets this year are supposed to be very cheap.

Old 12-24-2008, 08:31 PM

8 posts, read 59,307 times
I think it's best when you spend the NYE with close friends at a home party. That way you can drink all you want without paying high prices, and it's much safer too!
Personally, I think it's tooooo crowded on the strip. I went one year, lots of young kids acted all stupid, throwing beer bottles at people, mob the old person who was trying to sell nye hats.
Just be very careful if you decided to go to the strip.

Old 12-24-2008, 09:24 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,222,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvolus View Post
I think it's best when you spend the NYE with close friends at a home party. That way you can drink all you want without paying high prices, and it's much safer too!
Personally, I think it's tooooo crowded on the strip. I went one year, lots of young kids acted all stupid, throwing beer bottles at people, mob the old person who was trying to sell nye hats.
Just be very careful if you decided to go to the strip.

I must go to a different strip. I have never seen anythig really interesting on the strip except a large crowd of happy people.

Cops are yards thick. Throw a bottle go to jail.

This ain't rocket science...

Why is it I alway miss the good stuff. Been there 6 times once at the experience.

Old 12-24-2008, 10:32 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,298,594 times
Don't forget the FREE bus service from RTC. Starts 6p.m New Years Eve to 6p.m New Years evening. So now you can get drunk as a skunk(if skunks drink that is) then catch a bus.

Old 12-24-2008, 11:57 PM

2,753 posts, read 6,669,345 times
There's also Designated Drivers. They're not free, but they're a lot cheaper than a DUI, and they get both you and your car home safely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas