Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 01:07 AM

6 posts, read 10,401 times

Advertisements

hi

I'm newbie to this forum and can use some advice. My BF and I are planning to relocate to Las Vegas sometime next year.

I am looking for a somewhat safe neighborhood for someone who needs public transportation. A central location in middle class area. We want to rent a small , but nice, apartment.

I also work for Target. Before I request a transfer, could you help me with how many Target stores there are in the area and which is the busiest store ? Remember I need a convenient area close to public transit for both of us.

Thanks for the help

KWAA ~
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2008, 02:39 AM

2,404 posts, read 10,682,999 times
we have plenty of Targets in Las Vegas, I would say that the one of the busiest would be Silverado Ranch/Eastern or Rainbow/Spring Mountain...There is transportation to both locations and both areas are very nice...

a nice complex is aviata at Eastern/Warm Springs, that's where my sister is renting, its quiet and very spacious...and close to 2 bus routes...

Old 11-21-2008, 07:49 AM

1,009 posts, read 4,037,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyWithAnAttitude View Post
how many Target stores there are in the area
Store locator . . "talk about being lazy"!

Old 11-21-2008, 11:17 AM

169 posts, read 1,084,147 times
Default APT and good location

There is a Place called Durango Canyon Apts
4515 S. Durango
Las Vegas, NV 89147

I loved that place, would have stayed, but my hubbys commute was way too long!! There is a bus line right in FRONT on the Apt community.
The units are spacious, very clean and they have been updated, tile flooring, ect......The staff are awsome!! The pools, are great and they even have a little gym there. There is also a TARGET on Rainbow in between Spring Mountain. Its about 2miles from the Apts.
Durango Canyon Home Page

Best of Luck!
Laticia & Johnny N. (former but very happy tenants!)

Old 11-21-2008, 11:43 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,098,836 times
turtle guy you are increasingly rude.....

Old 11-21-2008, 12:51 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,187,029 times
If you sign up for the Target at Cheyenne and Tenaya you can walk to work. A great big and reasonably nice Camden Apartments nextdoor. Big set of Condos that often are rented across the freeway.

Old 11-21-2008, 01:00 PM

Camden Belair apts which is on Gowan, I think the one Olecapts is talking about uses a Ratio Utility Billing System formula THAT IM ALWAYS RANTING ABOUT...LOL to calculate their water and sewer bills. I live a block from those apts.
If you arent use to paying big water and sewer bills, I would not suggest these apts. Especially for a couple, you are gonna see big bills that do not refelct anywhere close to your actual consumption.

Old 11-21-2008, 01:19 PM

One other thing. When I moved to this area in the middle of Aug......between June, July, Aug there were tons of burglaries and car thefts in this area. I our own apt community had 22 burglaries in 2 months, not including car thefts....Not to say there are not areas that experience more crime, but you can pick a better area to lessen the chances of becoming a victim of one.
However, the area is beautiful and you would be within walking distance to the Target on Cheyenne.
The burglaries tend to pick up, during school breaks and alot of them are in mid day. (KIDS!!)
http://www.lvmpd.com/crimeviewcommunity/wizard.asp
Heres a link, you can check the crime stats for here or any other area.

Old 11-21-2008, 01:23 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,187,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Las Vegas Mommy View Post
Camden Belair apts which is on Gowan, I think the one Olecapts is talking about uses a Ratio Utility Billing System formula THAT IM ALWAYS RANTING ABOUT...LOL to calculate their water and sewer bills. I live a block from those apts.
If you arent use to paying big water and sewer bills, I would not suggest these apts. Especially for a couple, you are gonna see big bills that do not refelct anywhere close to your actual consumption.

Could be...then again no transportation costs...Even bus farewill be more than the utilities. I would also be skeptical that Camden can get very far out of line and stay in business. The renters in this town pay attention.

Old 11-22-2008, 09:10 PM

True, true......convenience alone would sell me...hahah
I didnt realize there was another entrance on Tenaya until today. If you are in a real hurry to get to Target, you can just scale the wall and be there in 20 seconds......LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: