Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 01:14 AM

30 posts, read 95,933 times

Advertisements

I mean the whole searching of jobs thing. Pretty insane
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2008, 02:19 AM

323 posts, read 790,073 times
I saw a sign on the window at Ross on Desert Inn and Eastern that said they were hiring.. Probably low paying though. Try security at The Boulevard mall.. they're always hiring.

I've been trying to get in with LVMPD for the last six months too.. You want to be a cop? I know of quite a few instances where it's taken more than 6 months :-( I took the tests about 6 months ago and did very very well and am still not in there.. But I'm going for an admin job.. not to be a police officer. It should be soon though! Cross your fingers.

And bonus.. When I get in, there will be a full time retail management position open!

Old 11-22-2008, 03:05 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,340,188 times
Try NLVPD. I keep seeing commercials saying they need more recruits.

Old 11-22-2008, 05:39 PM

30 posts, read 95,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tag08 View Post
I saw a sign on the window at Ross on Desert Inn and Eastern that said they were hiring.. Probably low paying though. Try security at The Boulevard mall.. they're always hiring.

I've been trying to get in with LVMPD for the last six months too.. You want to be a cop? I know of quite a few instances where it's taken more than 6 months :-( I took the tests about 6 months ago and did very very well and am still not in there.. But I'm going for an admin job.. not to be a police officer. It should be soon though! Cross your fingers.

And bonus.. When I get in, there will be a full time retail management position open!
Nice when you get that admin position I'm going to be expecting a raise!

Old 11-23-2008, 11:57 AM

323 posts, read 790,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by entropyLV View Post
Nice when you get that admin position I'm going to be expecting a raise!
Lol..What do you mean?

Old 11-25-2008, 02:44 PM

2,114 posts, read 2,358,618 times
The Department of Corrections is always looking for correctional officers. The pay is decent compared to a lot of other states, and there is no social security withholding or income tax.

Old 11-29-2008, 06:49 AM

1 posts, read 1,841 times
Default cdan

Don't go to Wackenhut, they are loosing contracts, they lost 4 contracts in the last couple of months, loosing 1 or 2 more in the next 2 months, to get a higher paying job from them you need a Degree in anything, they don't care how many years or experiance you have or qualification you have. Two place I heard that are hiring right know is Allied Burton and Guardsmark, rest of them don't pay more than $10hr. most are not hiring right now. Lot of them have job freeze on their position. I been here for 1 1/2 yr. job market here drop dramacaly in the last 6 months, Good luck.

Old 11-29-2008, 07:34 AM

1,755 posts, read 5,341,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orca17 View Post
The Department of Corrections is always looking for correctional officers. The pay is decent compared to a lot of other states, and there is no social security withholding or income tax.
Really? So, what do they give an employee; a 1099? Either way every employee is responsible for SS and federal tax.

Old 11-29-2008, 08:55 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,190,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheriff View Post
Really? So, what do they give an employee; a 1099? Either way every employee is responsible for SS and federal tax.
Federal income tax YES
Social Security NO

BUT they pay into that phonyazzed government program that none of the rest of us can get.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas