Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 07:14 PM

73 posts, read 336,782 times

Advertisements

Gosh, getting into a house is expensive. Today I learned the meaning of "counter depth" refrigerators - pay twice as much for less space - but I think it's probably worth it given my kitchen's layout.

Can anyone recommend a good way to save a bunch of money on appliances in this town?

I have to buy a refrigerator, water softener, and I would like to get a front-load washer/dryer pair for environmental reasons (even though I only do like 3 loads of laundry a week). I've gone to a few appliance stores like Lowes to look and was just planning on finding what I wanted and then haggling, but was wondering if there was anything else out there that would be worth checking out.

Do contractors and builders generally get discounts above what you might find at a retail level and if so, is it possible to befriend one and purchase something that way? Would you ever consider buying used appliances - I'd imagine there'd be some nice stuff out there that would still be good, but I've never owned my own appliances before so I don't know whether buying used is a really good idea.

Thanks for any advice you could provide!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2008, 08:04 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,984,887 times
lowes is the place

Old 11-02-2008, 08:31 PM

1,558 posts, read 4,782,955 times
Sales are down places are willing to deal shop around if you have the time.

Old 11-05-2008, 01:30 PM

16 posts, read 46,666 times
Last month my husband and I bought a refrigerator and front-load washer and dryer from Lowes. We got a great deal on a Maytag washer & dryer because the model was being discontinued and they only had one set left. We asked for a discount and were given 10% off our entire order. The appliances were delivered and installed the next day by a very efficient crew (unlike in NJ).

You can get a decent price if you're willing to accept floor models.

Old 11-05-2008, 01:52 PM

2,404 posts, read 10,684,273 times
i would think it would be tacky to go into a retail store and haggle for a price...i work in a restaurant and customers are always trying to haggle the price or get free food some way or another and they don't even ask, just demand...if their total is 12 dollars, they say get it down to 5 and then i'll pay, or if there's a 3 minute wait on something made to order, or just a 3 minute wait, they say: GIVE ME A FREE EXTRA THING (i dont want to giveaway where i work, so that's why i put in "thing") FOR THE WAIT, i mean come on 3 minutes...its getting ridiculous and i think it has to do with the bad economy..., but i think that's tacky to begin with...

Old 11-05-2008, 03:20 PM

78 posts, read 342,600 times
Econ Appliances....(google them) they have 2 locations in the Valley, however the one off of the 215 (Sunset) I think is the one with the wharehouse in the back. Check them out as they seem really reasonable and I know a lot of my clients shop their. Also, with so many foreclosures on the market, a lot of people are selling some of their appliances on craigslist. You can get a real steal there if you don't mind second hand goods.

Old 11-05-2008, 04:42 PM

here is what you do.. (home depot or lowes)... pick out your appliances on what you want, before you buy them, go on Ebay and buy a home depot or lowes coupon for 10% off.. (usually 99 cents)... for lowes if it is your first time on their website, google lowes moving coupon, they will email you the 10% off coupon

Old 01-10-2009, 09:40 AM

595 posts, read 2,307,734 times
Lowe's puts a 10% off in the USPS change of address kit. I'm wondering if i can use it on three items. They've got some excellent prices on Whirlpool. Washer 348, Fridge 628, Gas Dryer 398.

Old 01-10-2009, 10:48 AM

278 posts, read 791,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryhussein View Post
Lowe's puts a 10% off in the USPS change of address kit. I'm wondering if i can use it on three items. They've got some excellent prices on Whirlpool. Washer 348, Fridge 628, Gas Dryer 398.
can't hurt to ask. all they can do is say no.

Old 01-10-2009, 11:30 AM

ive never seen it in the usps kits.. it is usually a form that you mail in and then they send you the coupon..... However, you can do what i always do... i go on ebay, look up lowes coupon, pay the 99 cents, its emailed to me and then use it on all the items. it should be good on a one time purchase whether it is one item or six.. also, the washer and drier, if it is roper or admiral, it is a decent set...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas