Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 03:42 PM

21 posts, read 154,443 times

Advertisements

How cold does it get in mid November? Do I need to bring a coat?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2008, 04:00 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,124,231 times
depends on where you're from......if you're from Minnesota bring your bikini....if you're from San Diego bring a sheepskin coat.....

Old 09-06-2008, 04:02 PM

89 posts, read 268,646 times
Default Vegas in Nov

I was there last Nov(Mid month) it was great coming from cold NYC ,it was aound 75-80 degrees every day I was there ,no need for a coat of any kind and there were even people in the pools it was great so nice and warm hope this helps you out a bit

Old 09-06-2008, 04:19 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,668,993 times
Ahhhh November and 80 degrees. When people start to come outside again. You get to say hello to your neighbor for the first time in 6 months. You can walk your dog even in the day time. You dont have to park a mile from the store just so you can find that one speck of shade. You no longer lose 3" from your pool every week due to evaporation. Parks fill up with people who been cooped up the past 5-6 months.

And best of all ?????
You finally tell Nevada Power to go pound sand. No more AC !!!

Old 09-06-2008, 04:25 PM

YEAAAAAAAA altho my AC goes off when the daytime temp stays under a hundred.....and the doors go open at night when the nightime temp goes to 70

Old 09-06-2008, 06:34 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,365,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
depends on where you're from......if you're from Minnesota bring your bikini....if you're from San Diego bring a sheepskin coat.....
Are you kidding? San Diego is always freezing to a Las Vegan, even in summer, which doesn't seem to vary at all from winter. Now if you're from Phoenix or Tucson, Las Vegas might seem cold.

Average highs in Las Vegas in November, 66º; avg. overnight lows, 44º. Bring a light jacket or sweater but you probably won't need it. If you get cold you can always buy a souvenir sweatshirt with the name of your hotel on it...for a price.Average Weather for Las Vegas, NV - Temperature and Precipitation

It won't get cold until about mid December, and then it depends on what you consider cold. The leaves don't completely drop off the trees until Christmas. If you plan to go up to the mountains you will encounter snow. You can stand down here in the valley in 90º heat and look up at snow on the peaks.

I love good jackets, and every year I look longingly at my heavy jackets, but hardly ever get a chance to wear them. I have a few hoodies too that never come out of the drawer. We'll take vacations to someplace cold just so we can try on our winter clothes.

Old 09-06-2008, 06:46 PM

I was talking bout more inland parts of SD.....the beach is always freezing.

Years ago, on a xmas trip to minnesoodaaa I bought a sheepskin coat....it was GREAT in NJ.....back in Las Vegas and I wore it to work ONE time.....unbuttoned and thought I"d die walking 2 blocks in it......it still hangs in my closet on the OFF chance that we'll take a vacation to cold country.

Old 09-06-2008, 07:02 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,215,465 times
Quote:

Years ago, on a xmas trip to minnesoodaaa I bought a sheepskin coat....it was GREAT in NJ.....back in Las Vegas and I wore it to work ONE time.....unbuttoned and thought I"d die walking 2 blocks in it......it still hangs in my closet on the OFF chance that we'll take a vacation to cold country.

Yup - I still have my two Rochester Jackets...thouigh the overcoat is gone. They are good down filled nylon suitable for comfortable wear at 15 below. A little warm for teens or twenties. They still take up room at one end of the front closet. Bought in the early 70s.

the overcoat was a gem. Looked like a regular Bayberry but had a Rochester lining. With the lining in you could take a bad day in Chicago...with the lining out it was simply a little baggy Bayberry.

And I still have a pair of high class gloves and stuff.

I really ought to wear it all up on Mt Charleston one of these years. Probably find out that all the seam stitching is gone. Been sitting on it for 35 years to find out it is defective.

Old 09-06-2008, 07:46 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,365,413 times
Quote:

My wife bought me one of those when we lived in Reno. It was great for playing in the snow. Hung in the closet in Las Vegas for years, but when I found it had shrunk, I gave it away.

Old 09-06-2008, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
My wife bought me one of those when we lived in Reno. It was great for playing in the snow. Hung in the closet in Las Vegas for years, but when I found it had shrunk, I gave it away.
mines shrunk REALLLLYL bad....but I keep hopin I can stretch it out again......36lbs so far
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas