Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 06:20 PM

482 posts, read 1,372,709 times

Advertisements

Students should not be allowed to wear clothing that would not be appropriate in virtually any workplace. The girls shouldn't dress like prostitutes and the boys shouldn't dress like prison inmates, where the pants down below your ass thing started. Someone who has no respect for himself, will have a difficult time being respectful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2009, 06:46 PM

2,404 posts, read 10,692,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwlv View Post
Students should not be allowed to wear clothing that would not be appropriate in virtually any workplace. The girls shouldn't dress like prostitutes and the boys shouldn't dress like prison inmates, where the pants down below your ass thing started. Someone who has no respect for himself, will have a difficult time being respectful.
That kind of dress would then be appropriate for girls who would like to go into prostitution right? That is a valid workplace, the brothel...

The school that I go to has a dress code, but it is never enforced. It is also one of the top schools in the community. We have had 1-no expulsions in the last couple years and very few suspensions. How can you explain that one?

Old 02-20-2009, 06:51 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,513,769 times
Quote:
Yeah...and my dad used to complain about kids with long hair and bell-bottom jeans when I went to school in the late 60's. Don't fret lvkewlkid...it's a generational thing. The older generation always complains about such trivial things that the younger generation does. It all comes back at them when the younger generation starts making fun of the older generation for wearing those stupid plastic sunglasses that go over their regular glasses.

Old 02-20-2009, 06:52 PM

Expulsions mean fewer heads, which means less funding. Fifteen year olds are too young to consider working in a brothel.

To the three students from your school that will get into the top universities: congratulations. I hope they don't get gunned down by gang members on their way home from school this Spring.

Old 02-22-2009, 01:31 AM

11 posts, read 19,749 times
You do your thing MomMom because who ever is telling you to stop either has no kids or doesn't like the ones they have. I have know problem with parents that speak up about there children's rights. Its a Joke out here when it comes to education. I'm from a state where that is the number one priority for all. I just don't understand how all these people that live here that its okay to send your children to school and not feel there being cheated out of something. I have a close friend that tells me here 9 year old can't read and says it so matter of fact.Understand this as a parent it is our responsibility to make sure ( regardless of how bad things are out here) your child is getting the proper education. I have no problem taking any school out here on they no when they see me coming that there's a problem... And I won't be leaving until its handled... Las Vegas rather spend money on Parks and unnecessary things then our children's education.

Old 02-22-2009, 11:11 AM

Your state didn't teach you to write very well. Fourteen errors is quite a few; for one paragraph.

Old 02-22-2009, 11:13 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,132,546 times
hmmmmm maybe you should have taken YOUR school on......

Old 02-22-2009, 11:17 AM

2,990 posts, read 8,717,095 times
Quote:
Your state didn't teach you to write very well. Fourteen errors is quite a few; for one paragraph.
I know! It's quite disturbing when someone raves about their former state that has high standards and it doesn't show.

Old 02-22-2009, 12:05 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,513,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eboni95 View Post
You do your thing MomMom because who ever is telling you to stop either has no kids or doesn't like the ones they have. I have know problem with parents that speak up about there children's rights. Its a Joke out here when it comes to education. I'm from a state where that is the number one priority for all. I just don't understand how all these people that live here that its okay to send your children to school and not feel there being cheated out of something[fragmented sentence]. I have a close friend that tells me here 9 year old can't read and says it so matter of fact.Understand this as a parent [colon?]it is our responsibility to make sure ( regardless of how bad things are out here) your child is getting the proper education. I have no problem taking any school out here on they (????) no when they see me coming that there's a problem... And I won't be leaving until its handled... Las Vegas rather spend money on Parks and unnecessary things then our children's education.
Just wondering, are you a product of Las Vegas schools you speak of?

Old 02-23-2009, 12:23 AM

12,686 posts, read 36,374,099 times
Default How does the government of Nevada think education should be funded?

How does the government of Nevada think education should be funded?

We don't know. They haven't told us yet. The legislature is in session now so we won't know until later. There is nothing more dangerous than having the legislature in session. I've heard foolish newbies complain that once every two years isn't often enough for a legislative session in Nevada. But ever since Mark Twain was writing for the Comstock Enterprise up in Virginia City, he reminded us Nevadans that it was way too often for comfort.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas