Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 11:44 PM

86 posts, read 306,719 times

Advertisements

Hello all.
Does anyone here have any info on the Manhattan Condos on Serene Ave?
All Info is appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2008, 02:31 AM

2,404 posts, read 10,682,999 times
i have no information, but i can tell you that the area is nice and convenient, i live pretty much across the street from manhattan (.7 miles)...

Old 07-02-2008, 03:47 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,643,906 times
What exactly do you need to know? I had my greasy mitts directly involved in the 1st phase. The other phases are the same though. Im sure I know some juicy details since I know the builder and all their quirks.

As far as what the area is like, others can help you better then me.

Whataya need to know?

Old 07-02-2008, 04:55 PM

100 posts, read 404,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
What exactly do you need to know? I had my greasy mitts directly involved in the 1st phase. The other phases are the same though. Im sure I know some juicy details since I know the builder and all their quirks.

Whataya need to know?
Isn't this the one with the class action suit ongoing? Or is that Park Ave?

Old 07-02-2008, 05:08 PM

86 posts, read 306,719 times
Quote:

Whataya need to know?
Anything and everything.
The area,the building,everything.

Old 07-02-2008, 09:24 PM

Oh lets see. I dont know what I can say of much value. Personally I think they are ugly, probably because they are.

I met quite a few of the homeowners during the walk-through. I did a lot of listening with the Superintendent till we got to the kitchen where I took over. We put in maybe 40 or so of them.

During normal chatter conversation while finding a mutual liking for each other we would learn that a high number of New Yorkers were buying them. Why? They left the human filing cabinet atmosphere of high rises in the city and come here only to buy another one. Hmmmmm.

After you get off the elevator you look down loooong cement undecorated hallways. When you speak it echoes. The entry doors are metal hollowcore but foam filled fire proof doors. Wide, I think 3-0 doors and heavy. Insides were nice. Of course all models look nice while professionaly decorated. But the basic empty whitewash units were ok. Great balconies, almost all with views above the first floor. Some strip views and some looking at the back of another building.

The cabinets were the cheapest trash made in the industry. It's probably not proper to say the brand so I wont. Hey they weren't my brand. We were hired to install what they bought. My installers were torn between laughing when the unglued and unstapled face frames fell into their face or screaming curse words. Oh but we paid them one box count to make the repair so they shut up.

The structure itself is solid 8" thick poured cement. No blocks. That damn place could withstand the worst hurricane or earth quake this earth has ever witnessed. No kidding !

The clubhouse is really nice. It seems geared towards the older crowd. I think it is nicer then the usual club house in other communities. I put that commercial kitchen in too.

First time ever I was involved with GemStone Development. Never met many brass other then the Supers. Those Supers were much more caring about producing a quality product then say ummmm KB homes. KB is widely known as the junk heap of builders. They offer a lot of square footage for the dollar but it's what they put inside that is scary.

You have the South Coast right about across the street and they always have an equestrian event going on which I have been known to attend. I mentioned others can chime in on what else is in the area and no one has yet, I just dont know the area well there. Of course you have the bus or trolley that can take you up the strip. Your HOA dues gets you concierge services only rivaled by the likes of Turnbury Towers. Snap your fingers and they run to you. Tellum you want a taxi and everything is done for you.

Thats all I can think of now.

Hope that helps a little.
Good luck......

Old 07-02-2008, 11:32 PM

like I said, class action suit!

Old 07-03-2008, 12:47 AM

15,756 posts, read 38,187,029 times
65 in the MLS. Sell about 18 per annum...so about a 3.5 year supply. Eleven are REPOs. Most listings in the mid 200s per SF. Sales are as low as 169 per sf. I would think there will be very few sales above 200 per sf. I would hold for 175 or less unless some fantastic view.

I would rent there. Would not buy above $175 and would be happier at $150 psf.

Note that there is a wide spread and devasting decline in condo sales. If you own one rent it and wait for this to clear away in a couple of years.

Old 07-03-2008, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
65 in the MLS. Sell about 18 per annum...so about a 3.5 year supply. Eleven are REPOs. Most listings in the mid 200s per SF. Sales are as low as 169 per sf. I would think there will be very few sales above 200 per sf. I would hold for 175 or less unless some fantastic view.

I would rent there. Would not buy above $175 and would be happier at $150 psf.

Note that there is a wide spread and devasting decline in condo sales. If you own one rent it and wait for this to clear away in a couple of years.
There ya go. I do believe they were selling for $360K last year? Now selling in the mid $200s? Im not sure if 11 repos are out of line when compared to single family detached but it is a sign of the times never the less.

And yes the massive decline in condo sales is something to keep in mind. If you think you want to sell some day then keep in mind condo sales are even more horrifying then single family detached.

If you are looking for that kind of living, there are a couple places almost simular to Manhattan right in that area. What is that big yellow monsterdly building? I bet it is more expensive. Maybe used more by wealthy visitors to LV so they dont have to rent a hotel room. Sometimes when I drive by at night there is about 6 lights on in the entire building. Just like Turnbury. No one lives there. It is all wealthy visitors who come on weekends.

Old 07-03-2008, 01:24 AM

Quote:
There ya go. I do believe they were selling for $360K last year? Now selling in the mid $200s? Im not sure if 11 repos are out of line when compared to single family detached but it is a sign of the times never the less.

And yes the massive decline in condo sales is something to keep in mind. If you think you want to sell some day then keep in mind condo sales are even more horrifying then single family detached.

If you are looking for that kind of living, there are a couple places almost simular to Manhattan right in that area. What is that big yellow monsterdly building? I bet it is more expensive. Maybe used more by wealthy visitors to LV so they dont have to rent a hotel room. Sometimes when I drive by at night there is about 6 lights on in the entire building. Just like Turnbury. No one lives there. It is all wealthy visitors who come on weekends.
You mean ONE LV? That place is a joke! Our friends and I got our escrow back last month on that one! Even one of the amland managers left! No one is closing on 357 units!
I think about 40 have closed!
I think the place is going under! We all bought in on the first offering, so we would have been OK, but the problem came with financing. No one was loaning money on a new vegas hi-rise with stated income!!!!!!! We both got out and got all our money back and both bought great homes for at least 100k less! I bought in GV and my friend bought in Centennial Hills.
Twice the sq ft and no maintenance fees! Just cheap HOA's. We both got a steal and are so happy with the outcome!
We were both used to HI-rise living, and the pampering, but we are both ecstatic with our new homes now!
Plus I can put in my own pool!!!!!! That is something I have missed in the HI-rise I am in now! I am not fond of community pools and rules
I love my new home and can't wait to move in in a few weeks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas