Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 09:25 AM

5 posts, read 9,566 times

Advertisements

Ole or anyone else have any good advice on which areas to look at?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2008, 12:59 PM

1 posts, read 1,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bijjy View Post
I am in the process of a 1031 from Portland, Oregon and they only give us 45 days out here to select a property. I originally had been convinced by my family I should give Florida a shot so I came out, and well after three weeks and 5 cities I have decided I should stick with my gut on Vegas as FL is not for me. My budget ideally is about 350k althought I am a little flexible. From surfing around this forum non stop I have gathered that Summerlin is the place to be.. there appear to be a lot of agents and generally very informed locals on here so I was hoping for any advice on where in summerlin to move to be in the best area and best value. Also if anyone knows of some great deals I would be grateful. I am flying out to property hunt on the 9th, and if it makes any difference in summerlin a limited commute to the strip would be ideal. Thank you for taking the time to read all this and I look forward to your responses.
I live in the Summerlin are and my daughter-in-law. Annette Hoyt and is a realtor with Keller Williams (SW Durnago office). She knows this area and is one of the hardest working buyer and selling agent in las vegas. She will shop till you drop to find the property you want. If you would like to look and shop on her web site or send her an e-mail her she can set you up on her web or meet with you to find you just the right property and as fast as possible. This is a great time to get great property, for a great price. Welcome to LV, your going to love it. Grandma Cookie ([EMAIL="annettemhoyt@yahoo.com"]annettemhoyt@yahoo.com[/EMAIL])

Old 07-03-2008, 09:06 PM

8 posts, read 24,111 times
Summmerlin is ok but kinda far from the strip and everything else. Henderson has the best schools in las vegas and only 15 min from the strip.

Old 07-03-2008, 10:53 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,256,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelamyrick View Post
Summmerlin is ok but kinda far from the strip and everything else. Henderson has the best schools in las vegas and only 15 min from the strip.
No Henderson does not have the best schools in Las Vegas. Overall Summerlin has better schools.

Neither place however has bad schools .

Only a small part of Henderson is 15 minutes from the strip. Some parts are more than 30 minutes.

Some parts of Summerlin are closer to some parts of the strip than some places in Henderson. Depends on which place in each you pick and where on the strip you are going.

Why do we get into this? Henderson and Summerlin tracts have exact replicas in each other.

Old 07-04-2008, 02:46 AM

2,404 posts, read 10,699,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelamyrick View Post
OK, Henderson cheerleader, you are starting to become a spammer because you just repeat the same information over and over, please give a different reply to every thread, yours have the same format...

bash another area of vegas or say something random about Henderson, and then end with being only 15 min from the strip...

Old 07-05-2008, 12:51 AM

4 posts, read 8,341 times
Talking Moving to Las Vegas Information resource

Hello All,
I will start with the basics; I am a Realtor in Las Vegas. Having said this, let's cover the questions and issues.
1. Traffic: With the widening of the 95, commuting from the Northwest and Summerlin is now easier then ever. Commuting from the North will be more complicated as they are working on the I15 and congestion is going to get worse. The Northeast is a joke as there is no direct connect to any freeways, so you must drive side streets for a bit to get anywhere. The Southwest is going good, with the completion of the 215 bypass. You can almost circle Las Vegas and the roads move pretty well. The South East side and Henderson are good, as long as you stay away from Eastern. The South is good as I15 is fine up until Tropicana and if you are working on the strip, you can avoid that by going to the 215 and take the exit by the airport. I just moved from the very far north off of Jones road, as far north as you can go. I could still get to the strip in 35 minutes if I left at 7:30 am. The hard part is the spaghetti bowl and Charleston.

2. Housing and Homes: If you one more bang for your buck, you can get brand new never lived in homes at Mountains Edge on the south west side of town for $200K to $350K. I also have buyers in Summerlin and yes I am getting 5 to 10 homes a week for under $225K with granite counter tops and tile floors some are less then 5 years old. The issue with Summerlin is if you want a big yard, you will pay a premium. In the Northwest, you can by 3500 sq ft and larger homes for $300K to 500K some of these homes may be on lots ½ acre size. (If you are come from back east, this may seem small, but new homes are being built on lots around 4000 to 6000 sqft. We call them postage stamps) We also have homes with zero lot lines meaning you neighbors home is right on top of yours.

3. Schools: Vegas schools are not the best, but you have options. There are quite a few private schools and we have 2 large Parochial Jr/Sr High schools and 3 large other type private schools. If you can not afford private, Clark County has a great Magnet School program. What does this mean? From Kindergarten thru 12th, you can apply to send your child to specialty schools. The have a math and science Jr high and elementary schools. They also have the fine arts, including dance. If in high school, your child can do the Air Plane Pilot program or become a concert pianist. You can check this out at Clark County School District Clark County School District

Moderator cut: ...

I hope this information helps all of you.
Thanks Dottie Marsh
Moderator cut: ...
Attached Thumbnails
Moving to Vegas FAST!-0.jpg  

Last edited by Marka; 07-07-2008 at 12:13 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas