Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2020, 12:02 PM

4 posts, read 7,902 times

Advertisements

We are on month-to-month, not by choice. We were given no notice whatsoever about the owner's intent to sell, not until one morning the real estate agent called and wanted to come over immediately.

I don't consider that formal notice. The real estate agent is related to our family-run Re management co., but she works for another company, and *that* one gets bad reviews. It is not better business bureau accredited. There are bad reviews for other agents that work for this other company, doing things like stealing people identities.

The real estate agent has the keys to our rented condo, and will give these keys out to other RE agents. She does not want us to be present while the condo is being shown. The keys are not in a lock box, but she will still be giving them out. I told her we would like 24 hours notice as stated in our lease, but I expect that will not be communicated.

She says they want to sell the condo as an investment, and that all other similar units she has sold in our complex, have had the current tenants stay. Since we are on a month-to-month lease, It seems we can't be too assertive about things.

What should we be concerned about, with this situation? What might we do to maintain our security, considering that other Re agents will have the keys? What should we insist on?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2020, 12:49 PM

2,114 posts, read 2,347,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donnabrown8563 View Post
It is not better business bureau accredited.
Accreditations are essentially bought. I wouldn't draw too many conclusions from this.

Old 12-14-2020, 02:07 PM

12,908 posts, read 28,007,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orca17 View Post
Accreditations are essentially bought. I wouldn't draw too many conclusions from this.
exactly... for the bbb, a business "joins"

Old 12-14-2020, 02:08 PM

Quote:
We are on month-to-month, not by choice. We were given no notice whatsoever about the owner's intent to sell, not until one morning the real estate agent called and wanted to come over immediately.

I don't consider that formal notice. The real estate agent is related to our family-run Re management co., but she works for another company, and *that* one gets bad reviews. It is not better business bureau accredited. There are bad reviews for other agents that work for this other company, doing things like stealing people identities.

The real estate agent has the keys to our rented condo, and will give these keys out to other RE agents. She does not want us to be present while the condo is being shown. The keys are not in a lock box, but she will still be giving them out. I told her we would like 24 hours notice as stated in our lease, but I expect that will not be communicated.

She says they want to sell the condo as an investment, and that all other similar units she has sold in our complex, have had the current tenants stay. Since we are on a month-to-month lease, It seems we can't be too assertive about things.

What should we be concerned about, with this situation? What might we do to maintain our security, considering that other Re agents will have the keys? What should we insist on?
you're month to month, plan on moving

Old 12-14-2020, 02:57 PM

2,413 posts, read 2,032,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orca17 View Post
I don't ignore the bad BBB ratings.

Old 12-16-2020, 09:41 PM

4 posts, read 7,902 times
Well the situation changed suddenly. Our RE manager suddenly decided to give us a real lease, after giving us some platitude about the pandemic (last June). We signed it 2 days ago. So at first I thought the owner decided not to sell, but sure enough he still is.

So it's my understanding that with a lease, whoever now buys it place has to honor the lease.

And today the agent called us with about 2 hours notice before a different agent brought someone over to see it. I let them come, but I said that I want them to honor the 24 hours notice in future. The agent is your typical salesperson who says whatever, and now comes what she really plans to do.

I get the feeling she is NOT going to respect the 24 hour notice.

Old 12-17-2020, 05:09 AM

15,253 posts, read 12,977,625 times
Quote:

What a pity that you've just come down with coronavirus...

Old 12-17-2020, 06:41 AM

6,828 posts, read 11,556,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
What a pity that you've just come down with coronavirus...
Naw....that’s like using your grandparents’ funeral as an excuse for getting out of work. It has a limited number of uses. Try “I’ve been exposed to coronavirus and my test results will be back in 24 hours.”

Old 12-17-2020, 03:43 PM

4,538 posts, read 10,634,297 times
Man I wish I knew the law in Nevada. In California, the lease has to be honored and I’d tell the agent in writing that I’m demanding 24 hour notice and I’d sue in small claims for each violation of that.

Well that’s not quite true, In the letter I’d demand that the owner be notified of what’s going on directly. Often times owners are reasonable.

Old 12-17-2020, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Well the situation changed suddenly. Our RE manager suddenly decided to give us a real lease, after giving us some platitude about the pandemic (last June). We signed it 2 days ago. So at first I thought the owner decided not to sell, but sure enough he still is.

So it's my understanding that with a lease, whoever now buys it place has to honor the lease.

And today the agent called us with about 2 hours notice before a different agent brought someone over to see it. I let them come, but I said that I want them to honor the 24 hours notice in future. The agent is your typical salesperson who says whatever, and now comes what she really plans to do.

Are you current on your rent?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas