Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2020, 08:49 PM

395 posts, read 273,045 times

Advertisements

Anyone been to the Walmart Neighborhood
Market over on Cheyenne & 215?
I'm curious to hear if it's any good for the
produce or veggies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2020, 02:39 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,363,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariza160 View Post
produce or veggies.
We regularly use the one in Centennial Center off Tropical. There is also a Sam's Club next door which we hit once a month or so for bulk stuff. We have hit the one on Cheyenne but find the other much better.

Old 11-28-2020, 11:37 AM

1,941 posts, read 828,190 times
Quote:
produce or veggies.
Haven't been there in a while but when I did go there it had a decent selection of fresh fruits and vegetables.

Old 12-01-2020, 01:11 PM

45 posts, read 61,879 times
Walmart has much lower prices than Albertsons. You can shop both online and compare prices -- you'll be shocked. I mainly shop at Walmart, but I also shop Albertsons, Sprouts, Trader Joe, and Sams Club for specific items that Walmart doesn't carry. Overall, my grocery bill is down significantly from when I shopped mainly at Albertsons. Btw, the Walmart at Cheyenne x 215 is closer to you and probably better than the Craig x Jones store.

Old 12-01-2020, 05:50 PM

56 posts, read 63,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djinnich1 View Post
Walmart has much lower prices than Albertsons. You can shop both online and compare prices -- you'll be shocked. I mainly shop at Walmart, but I also shop Albertsons, Sprouts, Trader Joe, and Sams Club for specific items that Walmart doesn't carry. Overall, my grocery bill is down significantly from when I shopped mainly at Albertsons. Btw, the Walmart at Cheyenne x 215 is closer to you and probably better than the Craig x Jones store.
Fantastic Info! It's not only me that is shocked at Albertson's prices. I would say Albertson's are dramatically more expensive than Walmart, Meijer in Ohio and a bit more expensive than Krogers and Giant Eagles in Ohio. It would be similar to the prices at Whole Foods or Trader Joes.

Old 12-01-2020, 08:53 PM

395 posts, read 273,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djinnich1 View Post
Walmart has much lower prices than Albertsons. You can shop both online and compare prices -- you'll be shocked. Btw, the Walmart at Cheyenne x 215 is closer to you and probably better than the Craig x Jones store.
You misunderstood me. There is a specific business called
Walmart Neighborhood Market which is separate and distinctive
from the market section of Walmart or a Walmart Supercenter.
I've never been in one and was asking about anyone who
has been. I think their signature sign is in green...I just saw another
one over on Craig (west of 95) when I was at the vet this week. I might
stop in there when I don't have a sick pet in the car.

Old 12-05-2020, 10:55 AM

118 posts, read 87,449 times
Quote:
You misunderstood me. There is a specific business called
Walmart Neighborhood Market which is separate and distinctive
from the market section of Walmart or a Walmart Supercenter.
I've never been in one and was asking about anyone who
has been. I think their signature sign is in green...I just saw another
one over on Craig (west of 95) when I was at the vet this week. I might
stop in there when I don't have a sick pet in the car.

I have been in a Walmart neighborhood market a few times. It has the same grocery items as a Super Walmart, but on a smaller scale. Noting really special, just easier to get in and out of than a superstore.

Old 12-05-2020, 11:27 PM

That is fantastic info! Since I have already gotten rid of my car, I will be riding my standing electric scooter to go to either the Walmart Neighborhood Market in the far NorthWest, through the bike trail northbound along the CR 215, or I can scoot through the bike trail Southbound along the CR 215 to the Walmart Super Center in Fort Apache. So I guess if the prices are the same, I can just ride my standing scooter to the WNM in the NorthWest near 89144. Because this one is about 10 miles from where I live in Western Summerlin and the Supercenter in Ft Apache is about 15 miles south from where I live.

But that Bike Trail is a lifesaver! It's way more pleasant to go places along the bike trails than to cross through dangerous traffic lights along W Charleston or W Sahara.

Old 12-06-2020, 05:48 AM

8,419 posts, read 4,581,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gender View Post
That is fantastic info! Since I have already gotten rid of my car, I will be riding my standing electric scooter to go to either the Walmart Neighborhood Market in the far NorthWest, through the bike trail northbound along the CR 215, or I can scoot through the bike trail Southbound along the CR 215 to the Walmart Super Center in Fort Apache. So I guess if the prices are the same, I can just ride my standing scooter to the WNM in the NorthWest near 89144. Because this one is about 10 miles from where I live in Western Summerlin and the Supercenter in Ft Apache is about 15 miles south from where I live.

But that Bike Trail is a lifesaver! It's way more pleasant to go places along the bike trails than to cross through dangerous traffic lights along W Charleston or W Sahara.

Isn't your scooter considered a motorized vehicle? The bike trails I've seen have signs prohibiting motorized vehicles.

Old 12-06-2020, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
Isn't your scooter considered a motorized vehicle? The bike trails I've seen have signs prohibiting motorized vehicles.
Electric Standing Scooters are treated as Bicycles, which are allowed on both sidewalks and Bike paths.

Nevada AB485

"Sec.24.1. Except as otherwise provided in an ordinance enacted pursuant to section 16of this act, an electric scooter may be operated:

(a)On a roadway, bicycle lane, path or route at a speed of not more than15 miles per hour; and

(b)On a sidewalk and other pedestrian areas at a speed that does not exceed the limit set in an ordinance enacted pursuant to section 16 of this act, if any."

"Except as otherwise provided in a specific statute or an ordinance enacted pursuant to section 16 of this act:

(a)An electric scooter is subject to all the provisions of law applicable to bicycles and electric bicycles except those provisions which by their nature can have no application;"

https://www.leg.state.nv.us/App/NELI...Bill/6935/Text
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: