Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 09:12 PM

99 posts, read 416,670 times
I thought this was funny as all get out. Obviously, this shows that the people at the bass and pro shop have a sense of humor and aren't above playing to a very real possibility. It was obviously a tongue-in-cheek poke at the realities of going to Vegas for the gaming, running out of money, and wanting stick around a bit longer. If I have missed the mark, feel free to correct me, but I thought it was clever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2008, 09:50 PM

52 posts, read 335,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjason View Post
I thought this was funny as all get out. Obviously, this shows that the people at the bass and pro shop have a sense of humor and aren't above playing to a very real possibility. It was obviously a tongue-in-cheek poke at the realities of going to Vegas for the gaming, running out of money, and wanting stick around a bit longer. If I have missed the mark, feel free to correct me, but I thought it was clever.
Actually I looked up the phone number using a reverse lookup on the web. It belongs to Bait & Tackle LLC, and adult film company. Just google "Bait and tackle LLC Las Vegas" and you can find it. According to igorinternational.com, they were hired to name the company.

Old 05-02-2008, 10:20 PM

35 posts, read 114,855 times
Does anything really top the once ubiquitous "no ifs, ands, or ..." Crazy Girls signs?

Old 05-02-2008, 11:34 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,646,391 times
Ahhhhh those billboards dont bother me much. That ain't sleeze.

What really bothers me are those illegal aliens handing out the cards and brochures for sex. I am not for any kind of censorship or govt control of any kind. But what they do is just wrong.

They dont care if you have a woman in one arm and 2 kids in the other, they stuff the brochure under your arm forcefully.

That bothers me more then the billboards.

Old 05-03-2008, 08:00 AM

99 posts, read 416,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvknight View Post
Actually I looked up the phone number using a reverse lookup on the web. It belongs to Bait & Tackle LLC, and adult film company. Just google "Bait and tackle LLC Las Vegas" and you can find it. According to igorinternational.com, they were hired to name the company.
Right you are, lvknight. I stand corrected. Well, as they say at their site: "You'll never look at fishing supply stores in quite the same way."

Old 05-03-2008, 05:35 PM

1,309 posts, read 4,190,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by planning4someday View Post
Does anything really top the once ubiquitous "no ifs, ands, or ..." Crazy Girls signs?
My then 4-yr. old son got a kick out of that billboard everyday when we passed it driving to his daycare at Palace Station. Lovely.

Old 05-03-2008, 05:43 PM

1,755 posts, read 5,331,353 times
A couple years ago, the Hard Rock was ordered by the "state" to take down its "racy" billboards---and their retort was very clever----can't find a photo though: HotelChatter || New Hard Rock billboard: A cartoon cat, two rabbits, and a wood chewing beaver

Old 05-03-2008, 05:49 PM

422 posts, read 758,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
Ahhhhh those billboards dont bother me much. That ain't sleeze.

What really bothers me are those illegal aliens handing out the cards and brochures for sex. I am not for any kind of censorship or govt control of any kind. But what they do is just wrong.

They dont care if you have a woman in one arm and 2 kids in the other, they stuff the brochure under your arm forcefully.

That bothers me more then the billboards.
I absolutely hate that!

My family hasn't been back to Las Vegas since 2003, because the last time we were there we kept getting accosted by these illegals handing out quartercards for hookers. They were giving them to my 14 year old brother as well. If it wasn't for that, Las Vegas is actually a pretty decent place for a family holiday.

Old 05-03-2008, 06:00 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,190,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
I absolutely hate that!

My family hasn't been back to Las Vegas since 2003, because the last time we were there we kept getting accosted by these illegals handing out quartercards for hookers. They were giving them to my 14 year old brother as well. If it wasn't for that, Las Vegas is actually a pretty decent place for a family holiday.
The problem is the employers. And the employers are neither hispanic or illegal. And I doubt very much that you know the hispanics involved are, in fact, illegal.

There have been multiple attempts to ban the practice all of which have been overturned by the federal courts as a violation of the Constitution. It is simply protected speech.

Last edited by olecapt; 05-03-2008 at 06:11 PM..

Old 05-03-2008, 06:07 PM

1,755 posts, read 5,331,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
I absolutely hate that!

You, and yours would perhaps find a Disney vacation more to your liking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas