Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2020, 01:03 PM

779 posts, read 478,711 times

Advertisements

I realize she is on her last term (thankfully) and that from what I have read, a recall requires signatures in ink, but I wonder if it is time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2020, 01:09 PM

469 posts, read 499,626 times
No. She’s using common sense. There’s no scientific logical proven facts about COVID-19. I don’t even agree with everything she says either.

Old 04-22-2020, 01:50 PM

3,475 posts, read 3,309,058 times
No, but she should be required to take tours of the hospitals in her city and the COVID19 wards. The hospitals may look empty on the outside but once you pass the screening with temperature checks, ID checks, and masks you'll see it's busy inside and people are keeping away from each other in their own areas. They're taking this very seriously on the frontlines of this.

Old 04-22-2020, 02:31 PM

256 posts, read 455,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soclose View Post
No. She’s using common sense. There’s no scientific logical proven facts about COVID-19. I don’t even agree with everything she says either.
Sean Hannity is that you?

Old 04-22-2020, 02:53 PM

472 posts, read 382,322 times
What if we find out the penetration rate is 25% of society? 85,000,000 infected with most not even aware and we closed it all down because of a death rate of less 1%. Then all of this would be an over reaction. We won't know the answers for months. So do we stay scared and cowardly or do we go out and live our lives? Our economy cannot last months of shut down.

I stand with the Mayor here. Not as crazy like, but I think all business should be open. Who to say who gets to earn and who doesn't?

She was elected and unless some commits a felony in office you wait until next election to remove them. Its poor citizenship to recall an elected official just because you don like what they say.

Last edited by nickydim; 04-22-2020 at 02:57 PM.. Reason: Spelling

Old 04-22-2020, 03:01 PM

101 posts, read 54,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry Lee Gather View Post
No, but she should be required to take tours of the hospitals in her city and the COVID19 wards. The hospitals may look empty on the outside but once you pass the screening with temperature checks, ID checks, and masks you'll see it's busy inside and people are keeping away from each other in their own areas. They're taking this very seriously on the frontlines of this.
This is false Merry, fake news. They are empty and staff are being furloughed and fired like I said before.

Old 04-22-2020, 03:06 PM

2,880 posts, read 2,841,791 times
Science and common sense has no place in politics I'm afraid.

Old 04-22-2020, 03:10 PM

1,927 posts, read 1,076,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickydim View Post
What if we find out the penetration rate is 25% of society? 85,000,000 infected with most not even aware and we closed it all down because of a death rate of less 1%. Then all of this would be an over reaction. We won't know the answers for months. So do we stay scared and cowardly or do we go out and live our lives? Our economy cannot last months of shut down.

I stand with the Mayor here. Not as crazy like, but I think all business should be open. Who to say who gets to earn and who doesn't?

She was elected and unless some commits a felony in office you wait until next election to remove them. Its poor citizenship to recall an elected official just because you don like what they say.
It's already very obviously an overreaction in my opinion. The second the model got downgraded to 60K deaths all of the lockdowns should have been immediately lifted.

Old 04-22-2020, 03:15 PM

1,286 posts, read 1,500,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom4Nevada View Post
This is false Merry, fake news. They are empty and staff are being furloughed and fired like I said before.
Not in the ICU's. Up until only a few days ago, we were being tripled in the ICU, meaning each ICU nurse had 3 Covid-19 patients (normal ICU ratios - for most patient assignments are 2:1). There are still several Covid-19 patients in the ICU with new admits regularly occurring. Most are not clinically improving. Select other wards in the hospital, such as OR, PACU, and various surgical related units are very low in census (or yes, empty) and staff are having difficulty obtaining their hours. Some hospitals are still allowing elective surgery cases. However, I work at 2 ICU's in the LV valley and they are certainly needing all their staff right now.

I have not heard of any staff (any healthcare profession) being fired from the hospital during this time, as you claim. Do you have more information on that?

Old 04-22-2020, 03:19 PM

1,927 posts, read 1,076,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chahunt View Post
Not in the ICU's. Up until only a few days ago, we were being tripled in the ICU, meaning each ICU nurse had 3 Covid-19 patients (normal ICU ratios - for most patient assignments are 2:1). There are still several Covid-19 patients in the ICU with new admits regularly occurring. Most are not clinically improving. Select other wards in the hospital, such as OR, PACU, and various surgical related units are very low in census and staff are having difficulty obtaining their hours. However, I work at 2 ICU's in the LV valley and they are certainly needing all their staff right now.

I have not heard of any staff (any healthcare profession) being fired in the hospital, as you claim. Do you have more information on that?
How can that be true if only 12% of the beds in NV are being used for Covid-19 patients? Sounds like the hospital is simply understaffing the Covid-19 patients knowing that 70% of them in the ICU are going to die.

My next door neighbor is a surgeon and hasn't been in to work since March. You would think that with the alleged shortage of qualified medical caregivers that they'd be using every resource they've got available.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas