Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2020, 10:58 PM

848 posts, read 652,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry Lee Gather View Post
He's too busy working 16 hour days to do that. Even Sweden's own doctors disagree with what their leadership is doing based on the data, and in recent days the government has taken some social distancing measures. They're not a good model to look at. The U.K. tried that at first too but caved.

I find it hard to believe your husband is not even able to estimate the data I mentioned. Does he work at one of the major local hospitals? If so, it would seem to be an easy exercise to ask someone a question or simply base it off what he is observing.

Sweden is a good model to look at; you just don't like the fact that it does not make the lockdowns look like they are a panacea. By the way, please cite your source that Sweden has taken some social distancing measures in recent days. They have been voluntarily doing social distancing for quite some time, not just recently.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2020, 11:01 PM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,151,413 times
I have a hard time believing a doctor would be a commie.

Old 04-13-2020, 11:04 PM

2,723 posts, read 4,777,455 times
How To Be a Successful Tyrant

Written OVER 15 years ago...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4LtEciQUF8

Old 04-13-2020, 11:10 PM

3,475 posts, read 3,296,851 times
Don't be silly. Here is the latest on Sweden. They're doing worse then other Scandinavian countries around them.

Sweden's Relaxed Approach to the Coronavirus Could Already Be Backfiring

Old 04-13-2020, 11:10 PM

6,109 posts, read 10,949,182 times
It’s gonna be at least October before things START getting back to normal but yeah, facilities will be long open before then but to mostly empty streets.

Old 04-13-2020, 11:13 PM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,151,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Damon View Post
It’s gonna be at least October before things START getting back to normal but yeah, facilities will be long open before then but to mostly empty streets.

Empty streets? LMMFAO. Where the hell are these empty streets at?

Old 04-13-2020, 11:24 PM

2,723 posts, read 4,777,455 times
The graphs they use are days vs death count where each day they plot the TOTAL number of deaths as opposed to deaths per DAY for that particular day, this way it makes it look exponential when it's really not.

Old 04-13-2020, 11:33 PM

3,475 posts, read 3,296,851 times
I recalled watching the Swedish PM talking about it recently. It looks like the new measures were announced a week ago.

Swedish P.M. Tells Country to Prepare for ‘Thousands’ of Deaths as Pressure Builds to Abandon Lax Coronavirus Response

Quote:
Sweden’s death toll per million inhabitants is 37, compared with 28 in Denmark, 12 in Norway, and 4.5 in Finland.

New legislation is expected this week to introduce new emergency steps, such as shutting airports or train and bus stations, closing shops and restaurants, further limiting public gatherings from the current protocol of no gatherings over 50 people, or appropriating medical equipment, according to state broadcaster SVT.

Old 04-14-2020, 01:37 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,350,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by equid0x View Post
Go to home Depot and buy a sprayer of "bug stop plus". It works. Spray a 3ft barrier around the house and never pay an exterminator again.

The only issue I have this year is giant mosquitoes. The bug stop doesn't work on them not does standard flying insect killer. No green pools in sight from the second story so I dunno where they are coming from but neighbors and family have said they have the same problem.

Luckily, I did load up on citronella candes earlier in the year which seems to be effective, temporarily.

That is really weird about giant mosquitoes. I have never seen ONE mosquito since moving to the valley. And we have a lake down the street at Nature Discovery park. Are you sure you are not seeing those mosquito eaters? They look like giant mosquitoes.

As for spraying without the pest guy, I cannot handle the odors of bug spray and if I am out when he sprays, it stays in my nose for a few days later. I think paying my $32 a month for the convenience is OK with me.

Old 04-14-2020, 01:41 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,350,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robr2 View Post
On the DM you sent me - call your service to confirm they are still coming.
I will call them tomorrow. (Tuesday.) They are closed on Mondays. Thank you for the reminder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: