Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2020, 09:24 PM

927 posts, read 886,737 times

Advertisements

People in Vegas are inconsiderate?

HA. HAHA. HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH!!!

You guys must be new here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2020, 09:27 PM

7,087 posts, read 8,656,916 times
I’ve found the people in Vegas to be very nice and friendly, a great bunch of people overall. I’m sorry if that hasn’t been your experience but since I moved here, it’s amazing how much friendlier people are than back home.

Old 03-23-2020, 10:04 PM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,136,896 times
I see it like this, if you're at risk stay home.
I'm at risk. I went out and got a coffee at circle k. If I catch it on an outing it's my fault for going out.
People need to stop expecting the world to cater to them.

Covid 19 allegedly removes about 20% of your lung capacity if you survive. I only have 20% of my lung capacity to begin with. Covid is literally a death sentence to me.

I repeat, if I go out and catch it, IT IS MY FAULT.

Old 03-23-2020, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
I’ve found the people in Vegas to be very nice and friendly, a great bunch of people overall. I’m sorry if that hasn’t been your experience but since I moved here, it’s amazing how much friendlier people are than back home.
You also spent ~700k on a 3600 square foot house in Henderson.

I meet very few rich people who aren't nice and friendly.

Old 03-23-2020, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08grad View Post
You also spent ~700k on a 3600 square foot house in Henderson.

I meet very few rich people who aren't nice and friendly.
Haha, well I don’t know my neighbors well yet unfortunately. I’m speaking mostly of the normal people I’ve met working in Henderson, at restaurants and stores and whatnot, even the Home Depot employees here were actually friendly. Maybe that’s normal, I don’t know, but it wasn’t in Beaverton. They were extremely annoyed if you ever needed their help for anything lol.

Good point EA and I’m with you, I do think at some point we’ll need to say alright, economy cannot but shut down for 6 months, it just can’t happen. We can do 2 maybe, we can’t do much more without the damage being too catastrophic. At that point in time it should be recommended that the elderly and immunocompromised please stay home and avoid contact with others until this has run its course. If that’s true about your lungs losing 20%, well I sure as to heck don’t want to get this either! It’s not just about whether you survive or not, but then how you’re impacted after this. Yikes that’s scary.

Old 03-23-2020, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
I’m speaking mostly of the normal people I’ve met working in Henderson, at restaurants and stores and whatnot, even the Home Depot employees here were actually friendly.
You're giving them money. Of course they're nice to you.

Old 03-24-2020, 01:15 AM

956 posts, read 794,833 times
I see people walking together through the parking lot from my condo balcony like any other day. Sequestering and social distancing is not working.

I'm 100% sequestered except for checking mail twice weekly. I got totally freaked out after I read the story authored by a nurse on the front lines. She said they often have to put the sick in restraints to keep them from yanking out their breathing tubes because they are drowning in their own fluids. The patients feel like the tube is suffocating them as pink foam oozes from their mouths, coming up from the lungs. What a way to die!

Old 03-24-2020, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08grad View Post
You're giving them money. Of course they're nice to you.
Oh if only it worked that way everywhere! Lol.

Old 03-24-2020, 02:04 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,325,561 times
We went out yesterday for the first time in a week. A lot less traffic. We needed something to get by for a week or so. Costco had plenty of water, and finally had rice, but no TP. They now have yellow tape on the floor near the registers, approximately 6 feet apart, and you have to stay on your own spot of yellow tape before moving forward with your cart. One person at a time at the conveyor belt with their stuff. Once they are done, it's your turn, etc. But the lines were moving pretty well. Because of less people in the store.
Coming home, a crowd of neighbors blocking the road to get to the mailboxes. I wondered why they were not doing the social distancing. There were at least 6 of them all crowding around a truck, and everyone was yapping away. We squeezed by them with the car and continued on. Maybe they did not get the memo about keeping away from people, or they were one family or they just do not care.

We are mostly staying to ourselves and only go out when really needing to. I just wonder how long this will last, if this is the new "normal."

Old 03-24-2020, 07:33 AM

1,073 posts, read 1,047,493 times
What does this thread have to do with the LV forum? The same problem exists worldwide and despite attempts to relate the OP to LV downthread, still not a LV issue or thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas