Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2020, 06:42 PM

526 posts, read 832,460 times

Advertisements

Is Sun City in Aliante a pleasant place to live?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2020, 07:07 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,338,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tadtam View Post
Is Sun City in Aliante a pleasant place to live?
Pretty nice place. Just over 2,000 homes built on a municipal golf course. Been doing a major revision of the club house. HOA is around $112 a month. Units range from 1100sf to over 2100sf. The Laurel at 1570 SF is the most popular often with an added casita.

The homes have been increasing in value a bit faster than other Sun Citys and LV in general.

Nice owners. Diverse but friendly crew. We enjoy doing business there.

Homes are newer than say Sun City Summerlin. And they featured low utility bills. They appear to be about a 1/3 to 1/2 of the one in SC Summerlin. The inspector we regularly use reports the high summer temperature in the attics are around 100 degrees.

For full disclosure my wife and I are RE Agents and regularly work Sun City Aliante.

Old 01-08-2020, 11:56 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,277,930 times
We get over to Sun City Aliante twice a year for the semi-annual garage sales. It's always so peaceful and quiet there. And the majority of people there are very friendly. There are a few crotchety types, and they like to cause trouble on nextdoor.com the most.

Old 01-09-2020, 07:26 AM

228 posts, read 196,669 times
We looked at Sun City Aliante before moving to Vegas and I thought it was very nice. The houses were cheaper than Ardiente. My spouse is an RN at the VA, so we opted for Ardiente. Ardiente is a 55+ community of 788 homes, it is guarded and gated, Sun City is not.
Sun City was my first choice, the shopping is better and at that time the Aliante Buffett was good. Ardiente is just a few exits up the 215 and hopefully, we will get some good shopping with the development of Deer Springs. We do most of our shopping at 215 and 95, Centennial Hills.
I do like that our community is smaller. I also like that you can not just drive-in, as it keeps the door to door solicitors out.

Old 01-09-2020, 10:44 AM

1,410 posts, read 3,318,048 times
Have a friend who lived in there before she moved to Sun City Summerlin. Have been told the jet noise from nearby Nellis is something to be concerned about. Check it out.

Old 01-09-2020, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjameson922 View Post
Have a friend who lived in there before she moved to Sun City Summerlin. Have been told the jet noise from nearby Nellis is something to be concerned about. Check it out.
It is a long way from Nellis...over 5 miles. And the traffic from or to Nellis does not go toward Aliante. I wold think traffic in that area would be in or out of NLV Airport which is mostly lighter stuff.

Ardiente is a good bit closer but off to the side. I have a good bit of time in both and have not come across any heavy air traffic.

Only interesting one I have seen was over Al Camino Norte. A pair of A10s at a few hundred feet. From the neighborhood reaction that was very unusual...many came out to look.

Old 01-09-2020, 01:24 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,277,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
It is a long way from Nellis...over 5 miles. And the traffic from or to Nellis does not go toward Aliante. I wold think traffic in that area would be in or out of NLV Airport which is mostly lighter stuff.

Ardiente is a good bit closer but off to the side. I have a good bit of time in both and have not come across any heavy air traffic.

Only interesting one I have seen was over Al Camino Norte. A pair of A10s at a few hundred feet. From the neighborhood reaction that was very unusual...many came out to look.

You know, we live just south of the 215 north beltway. I can see the berm from my office window upstairs. We hear the jets all the time. Pretty loud with doors and windows closed. I like watching them from my patio. Some of them fly pretty low, which is not always good. On the upside, the homes are built well in Sun City Aliante, that when you are inside one, the air traffic is hardly heard. Energy star and all that.

Old 01-09-2020, 03:34 PM

228 posts, read 196,669 times
I know I am a freak of nature, as I love the planes. During the air show, I have a front-row seat from my front yard. Then again I subscribe to NASA. org and always go out to see the space station when they say it will fly over. I can only imagine what it would be like to fly in one of those machines.

Old 01-11-2020, 04:23 PM

10,609 posts, read 5,641,736 times
I've heard the average age in Sun City Aliante is "Deceased."

Old 01-11-2020, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RationalExpectations View Post
I've heard the average age in Sun City Aliante is "Deceased."
No. Actually the age in SC Aliante is still going up. Sun City Summerlin age is coming down. And actually very few actually pass away there. As they age they move to be near their children or to an assisted living facility.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas