Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2020, 05:35 PM

1,086 posts, read 745,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
No. Actually the age in SC Aliante is still going up. Sun City Summerlin age is coming down. And actually very few actually pass away there. As they age they move to be near their children or to an assisted living facility.
I'd be curious do you know what the average ages are at the Sun City, and other 55+, properties in LV? We will be just about 55 when we move there so curious if there is any one of the communities that might be better suited to us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2020, 06:33 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,335,750 times
At this point you will likely do better in Sun City Summerlin than most of the others. Basically they start out in the low 60s and age up to about 80 when they start coming down. Used to have some pretty good numbers but they were based on the 2010 census and I do not trust them until the 2020 census hits.

the only one here I suspect may be younger than SC Summerlin is Ardiente but it is split as it was built in two phases.

Note that they all turnover and the active group is a good bit younger than the overall averages.

Old 01-12-2020, 05:53 AM

228 posts, read 196,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longviewJoe View Post
I'd be curious do you know what the average ages are at the Sun City, and other 55+, properties in LV? We will be just about 55 when we move there so curious if there is any one of the communities that might be better suited to us.
In Ardiente, I have noticed that the newer people are younger. I had just turned 55 when we bought here, 2 years ago. We went to a few of the functions at the clubhouse and then realized that was not really for us, but then I am not a social butterfly.
They do have their clubs and social gatherings and that is great for those who enjoy it. I had asked a realtor I met who lives here, why people sell when it is such a nice community. As stated in another post, some die or move close to family, or go into assisted living.
Most of the people here are very active, walking, riding bikes, etc. I go to the pool between 3-4 am and there will be another person or two swimming. I go to swim, but if you go at 4 pm it is more of a social hour.

Old 01-12-2020, 01:39 PM

1,624 posts, read 1,705,983 times
I personally would choose based more on seeing the community and houses over the average age of the people who live there. I looked at most of the 55+ communities (including Sun City Summerlin and Anthem). I preferred Sun City Anthem, but you may not. You really have to spend some time driving around the communities and nearby areas to get a feel for both. I ended up not buying in a 55+ community because I found a house I liked more than any I had seen in any of them.

Old 01-12-2020, 02:25 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,277,930 times
A few years back, we went out to Macdonald ranch for something, and really liked the community. Also saw Sun City Anthem. Really liked both of them. Also, really liked Sun City Summerlin, but the area around it for shopping is too old. Except for downtown Summerlin, really like going there.

Old 05-14-2020, 07:15 PM

645 posts, read 706,473 times
I live about 3 min from Sun City. You asked about the neighborhood so here are some negatives about it.

When I want to go to the strip/downtown/south part of town, I always take 215 then 95 or 15 to avoid the bad parts of N vegas. It's a little longer distance wise and few minute longer. Not a good idea to take local roads straight down. Few times when I was at fremont st and I used google map, it kept taking me to MLK and the local roads, so I had to modify and set destination to near 215/15 or 215/95 and go from there.

When you order from grubhub, instantcar etc, I try to avoid shops near craig or bad parts of N vegas, actually I pay attention and avoid those, I don't want people from those area to know where I live, gate codes, phone etc. Especially if you didn't tip enough, and they take a liking in your house/car or whatever. I mean south of craig it's a pretty bad area.

For walmart pick up sometimes one store doesn't have what I want, then the one on craig road would have it sometimes, then I would avoid that and go the one further away.

Sun City is about 15 min from craig road, if they want they can still travel up here, 15 min isn't that far I don't think. If I can do it over again, I probably won't pick Aliante, then again when I got the house it was a good price, immediate adjacent neighborhoods are nice, well there r pros and cons. Well thsoe are my personal experiences and I wish I had known those before I moved, hope that helps.

Old 05-20-2020, 01:19 PM

8,144 posts, read 8,338,067 times
Check out Sun City Anthem. Many, many people in the 55-60 age group. One of the reasons we bought in SCA was more younger residents. Many actually still work full time.

Old 05-20-2020, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldKlas View Post
Check out Sun City Anthem. Many, many people in the 55-60 age group. One of the reasons we bought in SCA was more younger residents. Many actually still work full time.
Actually Sun City Aliante is a bit younger. And both Aliante and Anthem are younger than Summerlin though Summerlin is actually getting younger as the aged move on and are replaced by younger folk.

I believe however that Siena and SC Aliante both have a younger distribution than the big ones.

Old 05-20-2020, 04:41 PM

8,144 posts, read 8,338,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Actually Sun City Aliante is a bit younger. And both Aliante and Anthem are younger than Summerlin though Summerlin is actually getting younger as the aged move on and are replaced by younger folk.

I believe however that Siena and SC Aliante both have a younger distribution than the big ones.
Do you have the actual mean & median ages by HOA for each of the 55+ communities? We did the research back in 2017 and SCA was, in fact, the youngest. Perhaps that has changed.... or is that your guess?

Old 05-20-2020, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldKlas View Post
Do you have the actual mean & median ages by HOA for each of the 55+ communities? We did the research back in 2017 and SCA was, in fact, the youngest. Perhaps that has changed.... or is that your guess?
I did it years ago and, at that point, resolved not to do it again until the 2020 census is in. That is only a few months off hopefully. At that point I will do it again. The distribution is actually available by census districts which are smaller than the bigger SCs. My major interest is to see what the profiles do over 20 years. So we will have data from a number of them including the ones in SC Summerlin over three census and a number of distinct census areas built over a 10 year span.

The present view is pretty much opinion. I spend a good bit of time in all three. The most is in Aliante then Summerlin then Anthem. In fact I have an Anthem client who want out because they think it is getting to be too old.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas