Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2019, 09:02 PM

145 posts, read 147,330 times

Advertisements

I see open carry all over the valley, good neighborhoods and bad. To the OP, live in the ghetto, see ghetto things.

Old 12-24-2019, 12:31 PM

2,457 posts, read 4,723,543 times
I see open carry alot also in Las Vegas on a daily basis. Not sure what the realtor of year is talking about.

Old 12-24-2019, 12:45 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,350,196 times
Interesting. I just asked my wife as well. Neither of us can recall a single open carry sighting. I have seen a half dozen concealed carry which was not.

We are very active in the Sun Cities and the NW. And my wife can accurately recall what a women she saw two weeks ago at Sam's Club was wearing. But no open carrying.

And we do the Strip and Downtown once a month or so.

So I presume we must be in the wrong circles for open carry. Interesting as we live in the horse country of the NW where virtually everyone has arms. But nobody carries open.

Old 12-24-2019, 04:37 PM

2,849 posts, read 4,521,584 times
i wonder what glorious location the OP will end up in next?

Old 12-24-2019, 06:17 PM

5,479 posts, read 2,120,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cre8lite View Post
No doubt it will be the Hollywood version of a COPS episode!

Old 12-25-2019, 12:54 PM

628 posts, read 398,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Sorry but you story is utterly unbelievable. We have lived her now 24 years and have never seen anyone openly carrying. We do not doubt it happens and is legal...but it is rare to almost nonexistent.

We have also been actively involved in the community selling real estate and service on community organizations. We live in the NW but have lots of connections in the Henderson area. Over there once or twice a week for the last 20 years. Never ran into a nudist fat lady in a gas station or had any shoot it out in our cul de sac. Hit an obnoxious beggar every 3 or 4 years but nothing worse. Had a car stolen but that is about it in the last decade.

There certainly is crime in Las Vegas. But it is around the US average. And crime in Henderson for a city of 200,000 is generally in the best 4 or 5 in the USA.

So you have no hope of having your story believed by anyone who examines it reasonably. It is hopelessly far fetched.

And I hate to say it but it appears this sort of lousy environment will likely track you. It is not the environment - it is you.
I have only witnessed someone open carry once. A white guy at the corner of North LV Boulevard and Craig.
Your last sentence really is the bottom line. I like to say, "No matter where you go, there you are!"

Old 12-25-2019, 12:56 PM

628 posts, read 398,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cre8lite View Post
Watts? Inglewood?

Old 12-25-2019, 03:33 PM

3,433 posts, read 3,753,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimscott View Post
I've lived in Oxnard for 10 years and amazingly I see the rents are the same as NYC and there is nothing to do here. No museums or culture, (unless mexico is your thing) lousy transportation, no air conditioning anywhere in the city, rents over 3k, traffic nightmare (people slamming on their brakes in front of you or drivers trying to exhibit their skills by driving 50 mph in the supermarket parking lot). What I can't figure out is why would someone move here to make a 2 hour commute when the rents across the street from your office are probably lower or at least the same and you have a choice of fine restaurants and a nightlife. When you rent an apartment here they will tell you that air conditioning is not required here because you'll get cool ocean breezes. You will ROAST in your apartment and I live on the beach! Truth is...the infrastructure can't handle it. There are brown outs that last for hours. The only place that delivers around here is Vons. Forget about ordering up chinese food or anything else for that matter. They won't deliver to this area. If your car breaks down, be prepared to pay $50.00 to go 10 blocks in a taxi or you can stand in front of your house and wait all day for Uber to show up.
Funny, you weren't happy in CA either...there's a common thread in both instances...

Old 12-25-2019, 04:37 PM

2,469 posts, read 3,262,644 times
Quote:
Interesting. I just asked my wife as well. Neither of us can recall a single open carry sighting. I have seen a half dozen concealed carry which was not.

We are very active in the Sun Cities and the NW. And my wife can accurately recall what a women she saw two weeks ago at Sam's Club was wearing. But no open carrying.

And we do the Strip and Downtown once a month or so.

So I presume we must be in the wrong circles for open carry. Interesting as we live in the horse country of the NW where virtually everyone has arms. But nobody carries open.
I've seen it a couple times at dog parks and once a guy in Summerlin Trader Joe's. NW area command states that our area's biggest problem is gun theft.

Old 12-25-2019, 07:21 PM

122 posts, read 123,828 times
Quote:
Sorry but you story is utterly unbelievable. We have lived her now 24 years and have never seen anyone openly carrying. We do not doubt it happens and is legal...but it is rare to almost nonexistent.

We have also been actively involved in the community selling real estate and service on community organizations. We live in the NW but have lots of connections in the Henderson area. Over there once or twice a week for the last 20 years. Never ran into a nudist fat lady in a gas station or had any shoot it out in our cul de sac. Hit an obnoxious beggar every 3 or 4 years but nothing worse. Had a car stolen but that is about it in the last decade.

There certainly is crime in Las Vegas. But it is around the US average. And crime in Henderson for a city of 200,000 is generally in the best 4 or 5 in the USA.

So you have no hope of having your story believed by anyone who examines it reasonably. It is hopelessly far fetched.

And I hate to say it but it appears this sort of lousy environment will likely track you. It is not the environment - it is you.
I agree that the OP has a vivid imagination, but if you’ve never seen anyone open carry you mustn’t be very observant.

We lived in Desert Shores and I was amazed at how many times I saw people open carrying when we arrived from Australia. Amongst the place I saw people open carrying were - Lowes, Trader Joe’s, Blaze Pizza and Farmer Boys.

I feel like I’ve missed out with not seeing the fat lady at the gas station though. Maybe Terribles should run something like that as a promotion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas