Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2019, 12:21 AM

1,863 posts, read 4,304,010 times

Advertisements

I enjoyed reading the OP. That must be some neighborhood.

Old 12-21-2019, 01:19 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,318,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitterific View Post
I enjoyed reading the OP. That must be some neighborhood.

It was definitely entertaining! But so far-fetched. Maybe she exaggerates a LOT! (obviously) I don't even know if that kind of thing even happens in the worst neighborhoods in the valley. Maybe we should ask WisconsinVegasHeights dude. He lived in hell before he found his current apt.

Old 12-21-2019, 06:43 AM

228 posts, read 197,949 times
Well, I am sure Cali will welcome you back with open arms, seeing they are having a mass exodus. I think maybe at 65 you are having PTSD flashbacks to California. Happy travels and don't look back.

Old 12-21-2019, 08:15 AM

1,073 posts, read 1,046,830 times
Quit abusing song titles to call attention to your hyperbolic silliness.

Old 12-21-2019, 09:09 AM

341 posts, read 294,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappy2017 View Post
I think maybe at 65 you are having PTSD flashbacks to California.
That's what I was thinking since what she was describing sounds like a typical night out in Hollywood. (I used to live there so I can attest to that).

We also can't rule out that maybe she actually is in Hollywood, but thinks she moved to Henderson, NV?

In that case when she moves "back" she will just have to get on the 10 freeway and go west 2 or 3 exits.

Old 12-21-2019, 09:16 AM

8,166 posts, read 8,388,388 times
We, here in Henderson, are sad to see you go. We already have an extreme shortage of fiction writers among our ranks.

Old 12-21-2019, 09:37 AM

18,058 posts, read 10,393,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
To be fair, I only lived there two years but saw plenty of open carry...however...I also notice that although I notice that stuff, most people do not.

I, personally was concealed carrying and always am aware of my surroundings so I notice open carriers. Unlike the fanciful OP's claim that they pulled out their guns, I witnessed the open carriers just going about their business in a polite, calm manner. When I'd spot them, I always felt a bit calmer, because they always looked like some of the most upstanding citizens.

Now, I lived in a cheap apartment near Charleston and Pecos, I also drove a cab there and was exposed to some real lowlifes, but never what OP claims....I think they have an overactive imagination.
The interesting thing is that you have actually seen open carry. As most know we sell RE all over the city. We do actually sometimes carry a defensive weapon which will remain undisclosed. But we have never seen someone carrying openly. Have noted people carrying concealed (not well) a few times but do not see open carry at all.

Be curious as to the experience of other locals. Anyone else see open carry? Could be that we do spend much time in the tougher neighborhoods.

Did have an elderly cowboy client who had a holstered pistol hanging from his kitchen chair. But never saw him wear it.

Old 12-21-2019, 12:17 PM

10,040 posts, read 9,530,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Sorry but you story is utterly unbelievable. We have lived her now 24 years and have never seen anyone openly carrying. We do not doubt it happens and is legal...but it is rare to almost nonexistent.

We have also been actively involved in the community selling real estate and service on community organizations. We live in the NW but have lots of connections in the Henderson area. Over there once or twice a week for the last 20 years. Never ran into a nudist fat lady in a gas station or had any shoot it out in our cul de sac. Hit an obnoxious beggar every 3 or 4 years but nothing worse. Had a car stolen but that is about it in the last decade.

There certainly is crime in Las Vegas. But it is around the US average. And crime in Henderson for a city of 200,000 is generally in the best 4 or 5 in the USA.

So you have no hope of having your story believed by anyone who examines it reasonably. It is hopelessly far fetched.

And I hate to say it but it appears this sort of lousy environment will likely track you. It is not the environment - it is you.
Just count your blessings.

Old 12-21-2019, 01:01 PM

204 posts, read 319,651 times
Well it doesn't seem like you found your "Paradise City". Almost sounds like the rambling of someone who has danced with "Mr. Brownstone" at one time of their life. Anyway, "Don't Cry" about it. It takes "Patience" to survive in the jungle. I guess the lack of "November Rain" must have gotten you down. "It's So Easy" to give up, but somewhere out there someone reading this might think to themselves "You Could Be Mine" but its probably better to just take the "Nightrain" or the "Locomotive" and head on out of town. I could go on, but I don't want anybody "Out Ta Get Me".

Old 12-21-2019, 01:28 PM

755 posts, read 401,024 times
Most excellent post by the OP. Good job. Describes my neighborhood to a tee. I'm up for parole in 2020.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas