Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 12:17 PM

278 posts, read 1,085,217 times

Advertisements

So we are supposed to overlook all of the kids that have come out of this enormous school system with a great head on their shoulders. I'm sure the graduating seniors this year are looking forward to becoming prostitutes and drug dealers. After all that must be what they are teaching, right??? WE should blame the schools for the bad eggs out there? After all, the school is the parent and has full responsibility for their actions, right??? We should assume that all teachers are predatory rapists out there? So we can not hire anyone who has a clean record. Well then I guess we should just shut the system down and all parents should home-school their kids. Would that make you happy????? Would you like to take my Arson 101 class?? Very informative.

Last edited by WOHR; 04-17-2008 at 12:21 PM.. Reason: Add on
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2008, 01:13 PM

278 posts, read 1,085,217 times
You know what, I'm done arguing. I will always be a child advocate that will try to help the youth of tomorrow. Nothing you can say to me will ever make me stop trying to help these kids. That's what moms do!!!

Old 04-17-2008, 02:19 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,256,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheriff View Post
Bad mouth EVERY little thing---- school arsonists, pedophiles, rapists, and robbery victims are LITTLE things---keep up the good job of teaching valley children.

Care to tell us exactly which city it is that has no arsonists, pedophiles, rapists and robbery victims?

I am particularly interested in the one with no robbery victims. That would be a real first in my experience.

Old 04-18-2008, 12:22 PM

560 posts, read 2,190,388 times
Sheriff, you are a glass half empty kind of guy... that is your issue. The good thing is that most of us teachers out here are glass half full kind of people. You want to write off an entire generation of youth because of the bad actions of a few. The MAJORITY of the youth that CCSD is educating will become productive members of society. Heck, some may even be the staff of the nursing home that bitter old men like you end up in. I bet you'll wish they had learned how to read and write then!!! You say that service industry jobs require no education.... well it takes math to balance a checkbook and pay bills, reading and writing to fill out an application, science to understand the importance of disinfecting those dishes and bed linens they wash, history to realize how lucky they are to live in the USA, social studies to embrace and celebrate all the different cultures that make our city so great, etc.,etc.

I get up every day and go to work in the battle field that our public school system has become. It is not the fault of the children, it is the fault of the ADULTS who rule the world that they are required to live in. There are very few true "bad seeds", the vast majority of children who get into trouble come from homes where some adult let the child down. Instead of constantly bashing the children and the school district why don't you volunteer to be an advocate for a child, or better yet, substitute teach!!! Actually experience what goes on in the schools. Your probably too scared that you might find out you actually like one or two of the little vermin and have to change that opinion you hold on to so tight.

I happen to LOVE my job. I don't complain about the pay, I knew the game when I decided to play. I work 10-12 hours a day EVERY day of the school year and I do most of my lesson planning over the summer. I don't teach in a Summerlin school, so don't take that route either. Honestly, I would not want my children to attend the school that I work in mostly because of safety concerns. I, however, feel perfectly safe and even though I have had a few run ins with students and parents, I am not going anywhere.

Personally, I think that if you are not willing to be a part of the solution then you really are part of the problem and you need to take ownership of that. It is so easy to bash CCSD, how about working to try and help improve the situation???? That would require you to actually care....are you up to the challenge? You can sub in my class anytime!!! Heck, you can even just come in and shadow me for the day.

Old 04-18-2008, 04:51 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,963,096 times
I second that!! I look forward to coming there and checking out the schools! I would love to get a job in the school system. I don't have the education for teaching, but I could be support staff for sure!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: