Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 04:40 PM

309 posts, read 901,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjski21 View Post
What I cannot get used to is the people who just flat refuse to hold a door open. They look right at you and let the door close in your face. Even when your hands are full. It happens all the time. More so when I'm in uniform, but that one makes sense. Everybody here hates cops from what I can gather from my peers. But I try and always hold doors open and I never even get a thank you from anyone. There is a very big "keep to your own" attitude here. I was at a shooting scene the other night where a car just pulled up next to this other one and started shooting, 7 people at the intersection and nobody saw anything. It is sad what we are becoming.

Sounds like New Yorkers to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2008, 04:41 PM

309 posts, read 901,702 times
Quote:
WOW! You just described Vegas to a T.
Tell me you're kidding. Thats not one bit funny.

Old 03-31-2008, 05:40 PM

56 posts, read 223,781 times
Personally, I'd rather someone be rude to my face then pretend they like me and talk crap behind my back.. Have some guts ppl...
Someone told me today that they were moving out of state- tired of Minnesota cold and Minnesota two faced.
I said me too. that's why we're looking to move! Then I realized maybe I just know a bunch of jerks! (LOL just kidding- Minnesota Nice really is known to be Minnesota Ice, by most who live here).

Old 03-31-2008, 07:24 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,325,561 times
Quote:
What I cannot get used to is the people who just flat refuse to hold a door open. They look right at you and let the door close in your face. Even when your hands are full. It happens all the time. More so when I'm in uniform, but that one makes sense. Everybody here hates cops from what I can gather from my peers. But I try and always hold doors open and I never even get a thank you from anyone. There is a very big "keep to your own" attitude here. I was at a shooting scene the other night where a car just pulled up next to this other one and started shooting, 7 people at the intersection and nobody saw anything. It is sad what we are becoming.
I always hold doors open for people behind me. If i ever see you carrying lots of packages, i will be sure to hold the door open for you and help you carry your things too.

Old 03-31-2008, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psi2007 View Post
Tell me you're kidding. Thats not one bit funny.
Thats just his/her take on the city. I do believe if one is a friendly type, no matter where they go, they can make friends. It doesn't matter what they do for a living, the color of their skin, how short or tall they are, etc.
People come from all over the world to live here, so you have a big mix of personalities. Some are friendly, some aren't and some are just stuck up. But most are friendly if you give them half a chance, get to know them and be the first one to smile and say hi.

Old 03-31-2008, 07:28 PM

1,755 posts, read 5,339,337 times
Quote:
WOW! You just described Vegas to a T.
Your perception of LV is waning already?

Old 03-31-2008, 07:35 PM

I think cjski has a much different perspective than we do because of the line of work they are in.

Old 03-31-2008, 07:43 PM

1,755 posts, read 5,339,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
I think cjski has a much different perspective than we do because of the line of work they are in.
Why do you assume that?

Old 03-31-2008, 09:29 PM

697 posts, read 3,282,440 times
Don't get me wrong, I love this place, but all the bad I see at work does take its toll on me. That was written in the morning, right after work. I just dont want Minnesota to come here with the highest of expectations and get crushed. Just be realistic with your expectations and you will do just fine. I, for one, have a very poor opinion of NLV because I patrol its worst areas at night. But I am in love with Henderson and LV because I dont deal with the worst it has on a daily basis. I hear Metro officers who feel the same too. This place is full of opportunity but you will have to work for it. This place is not perfect, far from it actually, but it is home and I love it.

Old 04-01-2008, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Don't get me wrong, I love this place, but all the bad I see at work does take its toll on me. That was written in the morning, right after work. I just dont want Minnesota to come here with the highest of expectations and get crushed. Just be realistic with your expectations and you will do just fine. I, for one, have a very poor opinion of NLV because I patrol its worst areas at night. But I am in love with Henderson and LV because I dont deal with the worst it has on a daily basis. I hear Metro officers who feel the same too. This place is full of opportunity but you will have to work for it. This place is not perfect, far from it actually, but it is home and I love it.
If I had your job and had to patrol the old icky area's, I would hate it too. Have you ever thought of changing professions? To something you look forward to doing every day?

I'm sure Minnesota realizes that Las Vegas is not a utopia, we have crime here, and just about everything else a big city has. I think they are moving here for the weather. Which is really nice about this time of year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas