Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2018, 04:08 PM

501 posts, read 362,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post
Going under the speed limit is infuriating to everyone you're slowing down. It may be legally acceptable, but it is not socially acceptable. Going slow causes far more wrecks than going fast.
Link please.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2018, 04:12 PM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,131,941 times
Here's one from an insurance company.

https://www.esurance.com/info/car/th...ing-too-slowly

Old 05-08-2018, 04:14 PM
EA

https://www.fhwa.dot.gov/publication...8154/speed.cfm

Old 05-08-2018, 04:31 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,150,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
No kidding! For real, are people late to the airport or something? I've had my car literally shaken by the speed which someone passed me with, while I was going five over the speed limit. On Ann Road, where little kids cross the street to catch the school bus.
Did you notice not a single response to this one? Funny isn't it, about all the great drivers here?

Old 05-08-2018, 04:35 PM
EA

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Did you notice not a single response to this one? Funny isn't it, about all the great drivers here?

5 over? So a whopping 40mph?

The fact is our speed limits are criminally low specifically so cops can write bs tickets to raise money by extortion.

Look at how speed limits were initially set. It was by braking distance.

Top Gear did a pretty good demonstration of the problem with the current speed limits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWmEbbPlQ_c

Old 05-08-2018, 05:50 PM

496 posts, read 366,801 times
Quote:

The fact is our speed limits are criminally low specifically so cops can write bs tickets to raise money by extortion.

Top Gear did a pretty good demonstration of the problem with the current speed limits.

Big bad man after you again?

Old 05-08-2018, 05:52 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,150,469 times
Quote:

I have officially just withdrawn my offer of help to you: Done. I was a state licensed EMT. With a state issued ambulance drive license. Saved a couple of lives. Do you understand what Road Paste means?

Old 05-08-2018, 06:21 PM
EA

I get it, facts don't mix well with hooey like astrology.

Road pastes happens because we do not teach people how to handle their vehicles. Plain and simple. We turn brand new drivers loose with 750hp machines and wonder why they crash.
Our driving tests are jokes and do nothing to make sure people know how to handle a vehicle.
A driver's license should take a month to get. There should be a rigorous 4 week course going over how to handle a vehicle in multiple scenarios in all conditions. The test should take a full day at least and be recorded.
Then when someone wrecks, we pull up their driving test to make sure they did everything right. If not, we hold the test facility and driver liable.

Insurance should cover any and all expenses incurred. Insurance companies should make everything right with the victims.
None of this blue book value bs. None of this reimbursement crap. If I am driving a brand new Lamborghini and some idiot kid rams his dad's pick up truck into it, their insurance should buy me a brand new lamborghini. Not a check for blue book value. A brand damn new Lambo, registered, in the same spec I had.

Insurance companies would be lobbying the government so fast to change the driving laws it's not even funny.

Teach people how to drive and watch wrecks happen far less frequently.

No bs law is going to stop wrecks. No speed limit. No stop signs. No red lights. No traffic cams. No cops. None of it actually makes people better drivers.

Old 05-08-2018, 06:24 PM

11,479 posts, read 9,170,078 times
Luckily your idiotic internet ramblings will have no influence over any driver. Stay the hell away from me on the road.

Old 05-08-2018, 06:39 PM
EA

Quote:
Originally Posted by oeccscclhjhn View Post
Luckily your idiotic internet ramblings will have no influence over any driver. Stay the hell away from me on the road.
So teaching people how to handle a vehicle is a bad idea?

By the way. You're far more likely to hit me than I am to hit you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas