Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2018, 01:32 AM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,128,330 times

Advertisements

Ok mr Ludicrous chip.
There is no such thing as ludicrous chip, by the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingpinLasVegas View Post
We have three cars. A 2015 Audi R8 coupe, 2017 Porsche 911 Turbo S Cabriolet and a 2016 Tesla Model S with the Ludicrous chip installed. All of them are fast as hell and I love all three but my favorite by far is the Porsche. Looks, speed, handling and the overall feeling I get when driving it is amazing. Plus, I love convertibles. The Tesla in a 0-60 race beats them all but its a SUPER quiet sedan that my wife enjoys driving much more than I do. I can appreciate the technology that goes into a Tesla but for me nothing beats the sound that comes out of a supercars custom exhaust as I'm racing around some crazy twisting curvy road.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2018, 03:44 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,142,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
I will disagree with what appears to be a common sentiment her.

EA may irritate you (not sure why), but damn he's right.

If our system doesn't educate people about the correct way to drive a car we are to blame. We are because we do not demand that the system used to educate them is failing. That means we are failing because we are not insisting on better education.

Yell at me, I don't care.
I ran my brats though a really cool drivers ed out at the racetrack. They learned from professional race car drivers, including Mario Andretti's grandson. It is called Drivers Edge, and I would encourage everyone to put their kids through that class.

EA is irritating me because he's trying to justify speeding and tailgating. And I'm a systems analyst and understand physics.

And I would never yell at you, Tekkie. You are one of my favorite CD posters.

Old 05-09-2018, 10:08 AM
EA

I don't tailgate. I don't trust other drivers enough.

Speeding is only speeding because lawmakers decided on an arbitrary number.

Most roads here are 45. Are you telling me that 45 suddenly becomes dangerous on my long, straight, wide road right at the sign with a 25 on it?

Old 05-09-2018, 11:48 AM

11,479 posts, read 9,163,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post
Good on you (and since this is on topic).

Old 05-09-2018, 12:00 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,749,572 times
Quote:

Speeding is only speeding because lawmakers decided on an arbitrary number.

Most roads here are 45. Are you telling me that 45 suddenly becomes dangerous on my long, straight, wide road right at the sign with a 25 on it?
This is where we part ways. There is a reason for a 25 mph speed limit. If you have decided that you can ignore it and drive 45 just because you fell like it then my opinion of you has lowered.

Old 05-09-2018, 12:11 PM
EA

Quote:
This is where we part ways. There is a reason for a 25 mph speed limit. If you have decided that you can ignore it and drive 45 just because you fell like it then my opinion of you has lowered.

I'd love to hear the reason.

By the way, NO ONE goes 25 here. Not even the police. Not even the school buses. 25 is such a ridiculous speed limit it's not even funny. Excluding school zones. Having low limits for school zones is 100% reasonable.

25 on my road is unreasonable in every way. It's wide. It's straight. There's very few turn offs. Visibility is good. Very little traffic. Even less pedestrian traffic. Not one crosswalk or crossing point. In fact, there's nothing to the one side at all. Just open desert blocked off by fences courtesy of the BLM.

If you can find me a good reason why the speed limit is 25, I will give you 20 bucks.

Old 05-09-2018, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
I ran my brats though a really cool drivers ed out at the racetrack. They learned from professional race car drivers, including Mario Andretti's grandson. It is called Drivers Edge, and I would encourage everyone to put their kids through that class.

EA is irritating me because he's trying to justify speeding and tailgating. And I'm a systems analyst and understand physics.

And I would never yell at you, Tekkie. You are one of my favorite CD posters.
Very smart. Gives them an edge over the rest of the drivers.

Taking drivers ed when I was in high school oh so many hears ago was interesting. The teacher would grill into us that keeping pace with the surrounding traffic is better than stubbornly doing the speed limit.

Our high school was at the edge of downtown. It was Solar Aircraft in WWII and was a huge six-story building. Because of where it was the drive out was from a dock area next to railroad tracks and up a step hill that leveled off quickly at on of the most complicated intersections in the city. No stop lights for us to use. We either learned how to get out in the heavy traffic or had a meltdown, which was not uncommon. I did have an edge because I'd been driving since I was 12. Not a lot, but enough to give me more confidence than most of the others. Learned to drive in my sisters '59 MG. Zoom!

One other thing about that class. The teacher showed us a movie from WWII showing GI's walking down stairs from a plane. Every one of them saluted as they did so. The teacher asked what was wrong with the picture and I had already seen it. I did a five count then raised my hand.

The men were saluting with their left hands. The film was reversed. He said I was the first student to ever see it. I found it confusing because it was so obvious. Like seeing incorrectly spellled words on a page in bold. I've learned that no many people do that. I grew up thinking it was normal.

Sorry 'bout the side track.

Old 05-09-2018, 12:13 PM

Quote:
I'd love to hear the reason.

By the way, NO ONE goes 25 here. Not even the police. Not even the school buses. 25 is such a ridiculous speed limit it's not even funny. Excluding school zones. Having low limits for school zones is 100% reasonable.

25 on my road is unreasonable in every way. It's wide. It's straight. There's very few turn offs. Visibility is good. Very little traffic. Even less pedestrian traffic. Not one crosswalk or crossing point. In fact, there's nothing to the one side at all. Just open desert blocked off by fences courtesy of the BLM.

If you can find me a good reason why the speed limit is 25, I will give you 20 bucks.
Easy. It so police radar can give you a ticket and the city can collect a few hundred dollars that you cannot afford.

Old 05-09-2018, 12:15 PM
EA

Quote:
Easy. It so police radar can give you a ticket and the city can collect a few hundred dollars that you cannot afford.

Not a good reason. That's extortion. Also, I can afford the ticket but that doesn't mean I want to waste money being robbed by land pirates.

My bank account is closed due to someone stealing a bunch of money from me. But that doesn't mean there's no money in the account nor does it mean I can't make more money.

Old 05-09-2018, 12:22 PM

Lol! I'm beginning to understand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas