Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2018, 04:44 PM

848 posts, read 649,523 times

Advertisements

I believe Southern Highlands is in Enterprise. I have always felt it is like living on a bit of an island over there. That is, it seemed like we were always driving to Henderson for shopping and activities for our kids. Therefore, we moved to the Seven Hills/Anthem area, and we like the proximity to shopping and activities for our kids. Despite what some on this forum may say about the traffic, we do not find it objectionable. We also homeschool our kids, and we are part of an active homeschool group (a secular Meetup group) in Henderson with over 100 families.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2018, 05:32 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,387,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raindroplotus View Post
lvmensch, thank you for the offer. I’ve seen tons of 5 bedrooms in my price range over the past few months of browsing. I’d take a 4 bedroom if it had enough square footage and a pool. We have a family friend who owns a property management comoany in the area, so we’re hopeful they can help us find the right place. My question remains though, what is it like living in Enterprise?
One of my kids is homeschooled, the other is on track to graduate early anyway, not worried about schools too much if we live in a decent suburban area.
There is no really good answer to how is life in Enterprise. It varies so widely that you have to get more specific. There are for instance ultra expensive tracts in Southern Highlands and lesser but still expensive tracts in Mountain's Edge. Perhaps the neatest house I have seen in Vegas was in Enterprise. Single story of probable 10,000sf with an indoor creek running through it. Use to attend meetings at a big picnic table by the creek. Then again there is some tight clustered junk in both Mountain's Edge and Southern Highlands that I would expect to have all the problems of those kind of tracts.

I would also note that the infrastructure in Enterprise stinks. It is not up to anywhere near the level of Spring Valley or Lone Mountain. Just make the run into the 215 from Mountains Edge and you see the problem.

Make sure you really trust you property manager friend. The PMs are notorious for pushing their own properties. What you are looking for may be OK as it is a somewhat small set. But watch it.

Old 04-05-2018, 07:20 PM

60 posts, read 67,967 times
Really great advice!
I would really probably like it in Henderson, but I just can’t do a 30-40 minute commute. I’m finding some decent properties in Spring Valley as well, but again, I have no idea about the neighborhoods. Enterprise sounds much like where I am right now in Herriman, UT. We like the seclusion, but at the same time it takes 25 minutes to get to a mall if we need/want one.
The closer I can get to the office, the better. As long as it’s safe. We have tons of vehicle theft and vandalism around here, so that doesn’t really phase me. We actually had a near city-wide lock down a few months ago because some tweaker was breaking into cars, got caught, shot at a cop, broke into a house, shot the home owner, and fled on foot. My point being, it can happen anywhere. Safe in general is what I’m after.

Old 04-05-2018, 08:18 PM

13,044 posts, read 13,894,427 times
Quote:
My question remains though, what is it like living in Enterprise?
Others may correct me if I am wrong, but from what I can tell, the only people who refer to "Enterprise" are out-of-state people who see the name on a map. People tend to reference a smaller subset -- the community or subdivision.

Perhaps you can be a bit more specific regarding the location.

Old 04-05-2018, 08:26 PM

Quote:
...I just can’t do a 30-40 minute commute...The closer I can get to the office, the better... Safe in general is what I’m after.
I'm with you regarding commute times.

Can you identify the major intersection of where you will work? Or something a block or two away (if you prefer not to be specific)?

Quote:
... Since my office is in Spring Valley...
... Spring Valley is pretty big:

Old 04-05-2018, 08:41 PM

Unfortunately I can’t elaborate on which community. I am an out of towner who has to rely on a map lol. Looking at a zip code map, the areas that I am curious about would be 89117, 89147, 89148, and 89113.

Old 04-05-2018, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyandMisty View Post
I'm with you regarding commute times.

Can you identify the major intersection of where you will work? Or something a block or two away (if you prefer not to be specific)?

... Spring Valley is pretty big:

It’s near Tropicana and Decatur. Sorry for not being more specific before! I’m sure that helps

Old 04-06-2018, 07:12 AM

799 posts, read 709,945 times
I don't think you'll find anything I'd call "secluded" in the Las Vegas metro area. But, the rural preservation area in the southwest is very nice. Large lots, no sidewalks or street lights. This is fairly close , and in the 89113 area code. I'd stay away from rhodes ranch if I was considering a move to this part of town, just from the ridiculous traffic in and out. Who wants to fight traffic to get to your driveway? Otherwise, we've been happy for the past 2+ years..

Old 04-06-2018, 02:27 PM

Quote:
It’s near Tropicana and Decatur. Sorry for not being more specific before! I’m sure that helps
You said at least 5 bedroom. Do you have an idea of the square footage that might make sense for you?

Last edited by SportyandMisty; 04-06-2018 at 02:49 PM..

Old 04-07-2018, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyandMisty View Post
You said at least 5 bedroom. Do you have an idea of the square footage that might make sense for you?
At least 2,000 sq ft is preferable. I’d take a 4 bedroom if it has a living and family room or a master bedroom large enough to fit 2 desks.
Stay away from Rhodes Ranch, noted. Any advice on neighborhoods in Spring Valley or bordering it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas