Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2018, 02:40 PM

12,908 posts, read 28,007,241 times

Advertisements

I don’t know of others saw this or not. Your budget is 1500-1700. No more than $2k for sure and you want a 5 bedroom. Simply put....not happening in a good neighborhood. Try north Las Vegas or east side is your only chance in my opinion. You also need to budget 500 for electric in the summer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2018, 08:57 PM

60 posts, read 67,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
I don’t know of others saw this or not. Your budget is 1500-1700. No more than $2k for sure and you want a 5 bedroom. Simply put....not happening in a good neighborhood. Try north Las Vegas or east side is your only chance in my opinion. You also need to budget 500 for electric in the summer
Funny that I’m finding many 4 bedroom(and the occasional 5 bedroom) houses in the 1500-2k range right in Summerlin South. Unless the entire internet has been lying about that area, it seems I can easily get what I want there. The electric bill is completely worth it for my family’s comfort. Beats having to either blast the heater or air conditioner every single day for 10 months out of the year here in Utah. If I don’t have to deal with constant snowy winters and all of the chronic pain that I have from this climate, then I am happy to pay high electricity bills in the summer.

Old 04-08-2018, 11:43 PM

12,908 posts, read 28,007,241 times
There’s only 2 homes for rent on Zillow in that area under 1900. They are 4br and small. Average is 2400 up

Old 04-15-2018, 03:46 PM

I've had some co-workers convince me that Henderson is the better choice over Summerlin for what I want in a community, a house, schools, etc. Any recommendations on neighborhoods to check out? I am limited to what will be available on the rental market between now and June 1st. We've seen some really great properties in Green Valley and Anthem, but none of these real estate agents will return my messages.

Old 04-15-2018, 04:15 PM

2,469 posts, read 3,264,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raindroplotus View Post
Funny that I’m finding many 4 bedroom(and the occasional 5 bedroom) houses in the 1500-2k range right in Summerlin South. Unless the entire internet has been lying about that area, it seems I can easily get what I want there. The electric bill is completely worth it for my family’s comfort. Beats having to either blast the heater or air conditioner every single day for 10 months out of the year here in Utah. If I don’t have to deal with constant snowy winters and all of the chronic pain that I have from this climate, then I am happy to pay high electricity bills in the summer.
Just because it is listed doesn't mean it is still available. Rentals are hard to come by now. You also have to be sure they are legitimate listings.

Old 04-15-2018, 04:20 PM

8,153 posts, read 8,361,909 times
Quote:
I've had some co-workers convince me that Henderson is the better choice over Summerlin for what I want in a community, a house, schools, etc. Any recommendations on neighborhoods to check out? I am limited to what will be available on the rental market between now and June 1st. We've seen some really great properties in Green Valley and Anthem, but none of these real estate agents will return my messages.
Anthem is a more sedate area, much less traffic in the neighborhoods and generally newer with lots of great views. But traveling to Anthem means going south on Eastern Ave — a very congested street much of the time — or taking a back way (Volunteer off the 15 and then hook into Anthem Dr.) that’s better traffic flow but kind of out of the way. Green Valley has better traffic access and easier/more shopping access to chain stores like Wal-mart, Target, Michaels, etc. but again the housing stock is a bit older and the area more congested. Both have good schools and tons of families and parks.

Old 04-15-2018, 04:20 PM

I was wondering about that. It’s the same here in Utah...homes are selling within minutes of being placed on the market and rentals have a lot of competition. Gotta say, a lot of these responses are very discouraging. I have to move there for my job, so something has to work out one way or another.

Old 04-15-2018, 10:01 PM

13,044 posts, read 13,876,042 times
Quote:
Perhaps you might try walking into a real estate office in Green Valley, ask to talk to an agent, and bring with you proof of employment, financial records, tax returns, your credit report and other such information to demonstrate you are not a flake. Some house rentals are listed on MLS, I’ve been told, and the landlord would compensate an agent who brings a successful tenant.

Landlords want a credible and responsible tenant. It seems you are one.

Old 04-15-2018, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyandMisty View Post
Perhaps you might try walking into a real estate office in Green Valley, ask to talk to an agent, and bring with you proof of employment, financial records, tax returns, your credit report and other such information to demonstrate you are not a flake. Some house rentals are listed on MLS, I’ve been told, and the landlord would compensate an agent who brings a successful tenant.

Landlords want a credible and responsible tenant. It seems you are one.
Thank you, and yes, it is true. My rental history is excellent. Unfortunately, being that I currently live in Salt Lake City, I cannot walk into a real estate office in Green Valley. I may just start calling some of them to see if any are willing to work with me. I mentioned earlier in this thread that I have a family friend who owns a property management business in Las Vegas but she has not responded to me recently either. Holding out hope that a suitable property will become available in the next 6 weeks. Wish me luck!

Old 04-16-2018, 07:13 AM

8,153 posts, read 8,361,909 times
Quote:
Thank you, and yes, it is true. My rental history is excellent. Unfortunately, being that I currently live in Salt Lake City, I cannot walk into a real estate office in Green Valley. I may just start calling some of them to see if any are willing to work with me. I mentioned earlier in this thread that I have a family friend who owns a property management business in Las Vegas but she has not responded to me recently either. Holding out hope that a suitable property will become available in the next 6 weeks. Wish me luck!
I am a Landlord (properties are in another state) and I reside in Anthem but have a suggestion. Look on www.zillow.com for rentals posted by private landlords. Zillow is a website that allows private owners to post their properties not on the MLS so many Landlords use it. And if you are interested in a property you can use the website to send a message. If you do send a message, be sure to indicate your info regarding your rental history and employment status. I think, as a user, you have to register so the more information you complete the more attractive a prospective landlord will find your inquiry. I solely use Zillow and Hotpads to recruit tenants and have for about 10 years. I never use real estate agents because I can find good tenants without paying commission. Good luck.

Last edited by Yac; 12-11-2020 at 01:52 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas