Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2017, 01:15 PM

2,469 posts, read 3,262,644 times

Advertisements

Most people don't have the flu it's a cold. If they had the flu they would be way too sick and would never feel like going to work. With that being said, yes a lot of people are sick. I went through it already in September.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2017, 02:47 PM

79 posts, read 99,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dltordj View Post
Most people don't have the flu it's a cold. If they had the flu they would be way too sick
Not necessarily true - it depends on the person.

Generally influenza can be differentiated form a common cold by the following:

1. Rapid onset of symptoms

2. Fever over 100 degrees that lasts more than 2 days. Fevers 101 and over are almost always flu.

3. initial dry cough with muscle/body aches.

4. constant headache which can be moderate to severe.

The most distinguishing factor is generally the higher fever and headaches.

Old 11-16-2017, 03:11 PM

2,469 posts, read 3,262,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techn0lady View Post
Not necessarily true - it depends on the person.

Generally influenza can be differentiated form a common cold by the following:

1. Rapid onset of symptoms

2. Fever over 100 degrees that lasts more than 2 days. Fevers 101 and over are almost always flu.

3. initial dry cough with muscle/body aches.

4. constant headache which can be moderate to severe.

The most distinguishing factor is generally the higher fever and headaches.
The flu, real influenza is debilitating. People that get it will tell you they felt like they were dying. The fever is hard to break and the muscle aches will make you not be able to get out of bed. If you have an underlying medical condition its even more serious. Im sure anyone else that works in medical can confirm.

Old 11-16-2017, 08:50 PM

2,880 posts, read 2,807,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dltordj View Post
The flu, real influenza is debilitating. People that get it will tell you they felt like they were dying. The fever is hard to break and the muscle aches will make you not be able to get out of bed. If you have an underlying medical condition its even more serious. Im sure anyone else that works in medical can confirm.
There are many types of flus

Take for instance the man flu, which only affects men. It is a serious medical condition and even with all of the collective knowledge and current technology, women will never understand it

It's kind of like a man trying to understand what it feels like to be pregnant

Old 11-19-2017, 09:42 PM

810 posts, read 852,020 times
Had some kind of virus about a month ago. I was in bed for 5 days straight. had no appetite, low grade fever and body aches which was the worst symptom. Ended up dehydrated because I wasn't drinking enough water/fluids. Went to my doctor and it took two nurses three tries to get an IV in. The doctor said it was not the flu as my respiratory system was not really affected. Some random virus I guess. I felt better after 2 bags of saline. But it took another 4 or 5 days until felt really over it.

Old 11-19-2017, 11:48 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,120,116 times
I just got over a bacterial respiratory infection that went systemic ( sinus, ears, lungs, gut, urinary tract) that knocked me straight on my ass.

They had to give me an antibiotic so strong that it can cause hallucinations. Next step was hospital. Took the last dose last night.

Wash your hands, people, and don't be a fool like me and put off going to the doctor when symptoms last or worsen.

Old 11-20-2017, 03:52 PM

2,951 posts, read 2,518,975 times
^^^ No I'm not following you around, got a 3pm phone appointment I'm killing time for.

I had something similar. Not as bad though. I'm not 100% as I can't go work out yet.

Years ago, I dated a guy who went deaf in one ear from delaying going to the doctor over an ear infection.

Old 11-20-2017, 07:29 PM

581 posts, read 456,448 times
My husband and I have had the flu for the last three days. High temps, muscle aches, headaches, bad coughs, you name it. We're just now starting to feel better. I had no idea it was going around the city. We both spent the entire weekend wondering where the hell we caught it from.

Old 11-26-2017, 02:48 PM

107 posts, read 138,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SparklesNShine View Post
My husband and I have had the flu for the last three days. High temps, muscle aches, headaches, bad coughs, you name it. We're just now starting to feel better. I had no idea it was going around the city. We both spent the entire weekend wondering where the hell we caught it from.
My husband and I are both down with it too, whatever it is. It's a mean one.

Feel better soon everybody.

Old 11-26-2017, 05:23 PM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,117,601 times
My son had something. Just went away yesterday.
I have a lovely sinus infection.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas