Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2017, 06:46 PM

209 posts, read 264,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by soclose View Post
Nevada has a lot of catching up to do on preventing it turning it into California.
I hate to burst your bubble, but Nevada has already turned into the younger sibling of California. It's too late. I'm making a conservative guess that at least 1/3 of this states annual cash intake comes directly from California. Sandoval realized a while back that success in Nevada means turning it into California haha.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2017, 11:36 PM

469 posts, read 495,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crabtrees View Post
I hate to burst your bubble, but Nevada has already turned into the younger sibling of California. It's too late. I'm making a conservative guess that at least 1/3 of this states annual cash intake comes directly from California. Sandoval realized a while back that success in Nevada means turning it into California haha.
Hahaha... I was waiting for someone to catch on. I absolutely agree. It can all be fixed though.

Old 06-16-2017, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Hahaha... I was waiting for someone to catch on. I absolutely agree. It can all be fixed though.
I think turning Nevada into California, if that's what you want to call it, IS how the state is 'fixing' things. In addition to all things I've discussed in other threads with regards to Nevada's active recruitment of businesses, professionals and citizens from California, I forgot to point out the most glaring evidence....Nevada has successfully lured an NFL franchise that has it's entire existence rooted in California. This approach is the new gold standard for Nevada from here on out, and I'm obviously in favor. The cost of housing and insane taxes in California are leading to a migration out of California. Why not attempt to lure that money to Nevada instead of letting it go to Oregon, Washington or Texas? Bring it this way.

Old 06-16-2017, 10:22 AM

13,044 posts, read 13,884,096 times
Quote:
I think turning Nevada into California, if that's what you want to call it, IS how the state is 'fixing' things.
Specifically what things thusly are being fixed?

Old 06-16-2017, 01:30 PM

469 posts, read 495,309 times
Quote:
I think turning Nevada into California, if that's what you want to call it, IS how the state is 'fixing' things. In addition to all things I've discussed in other threads with regards to Nevada's active recruitment of businesses, professionals and citizens from California, I forgot to point out the most glaring evidence....Nevada has successfully lured an NFL franchise that has it's entire existence rooted in California. This approach is the new gold standard for Nevada from here on out, and I'm obviously in favor. The cost of housing and insane taxes in California are leading to a migration out of California. Why not attempt to lure that money to Nevada instead of letting it go to Oregon, Washington or Texas? Bring it this way.
Sales tax went up. People could still barely find a full time job here. Illegal immigration is a big issue. What you speak of is short term which only benefits certain work classes. I have my bets that the Raiders won't even make it close to a Super Bowl at all once they move here. Have fun training during the Summer, I've done it before weighing in almost twice my weight in the military and that's why the AZ Cardinals have yet won a Super Bowl even till this day.

Old 06-19-2017, 08:22 PM

3,049 posts, read 4,552,914 times
Quote:
I think turning Nevada into California, if that's what you want to call it, IS how the state is 'fixing' things. In addition to all things I've discussed in other threads with regards to Nevada's active recruitment of businesses, professionals and citizens from California
That's called poaching, a.k.a. "pirating" my dear! It means that you can't come up with it on your own, so you must try to take it from someone else. It's not something to boast about, either. It does show you, though, that -- creatively -- California is at the center of the universe and other states are highly envious of that. To put yourself in the same league as Texas isn't flattering on you Nevada!

Quote:
I forgot to point out the most glaring evidence....Nevada has successfully lured an NFL franchise that has it's entire existence rooted in California. This approach is the new gold standard for Nevada from here on out, and I'm obviously in favor. The cost of housing and insane taxes in California are leading to a migration out of California. Why not attempt to lure that money to Nevada instead of letting it go to Oregon, Washington or Texas? Bring it this way.

You think those of us who live in California are going to be "sad" to see the Raiders go to Nevada?

The land their stadium sit on is worth billions, literally!

It is well-positioned to turn into a technology hub and an expansion of Silicon Valley deeper into Oakland.

No loss here.

But you'll get all of the Raiders fans and, to that, I say "have fun!"

What you see as "poaching" we see as "purging".

Old 06-20-2017, 11:38 PM

621 posts, read 538,988 times
Quote:
Sales tax went up. People could still barely find a full time job here. Illegal immigration is a big issue. What you speak of is short term which only benefits certain work classes. I have my bets that the Raiders won't even make it close to a Super Bowl at all once they move here. Have fun training during the Summer, I've done it before weighing in almost twice my weight in the military and that's why the AZ Cardinals have yet won a Super Bowl even till this day.
You act like the Cardinals practice outdoors in the summer in Phoenix. They practice inside the stadium in Glendale in a nice climate controlled environment. I'm from Buffalo and I can tell you the Bills practice in less hospitable conditions in Rochester in the summer than inside University of Phoenix Stadium.

Old 06-21-2017, 12:11 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,136,470 times
Quote:
You're from California, aren't you?

Old 06-21-2017, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
You're from California, aren't you?
Technically I'm from the midwest, but own homes in Southern California and Henderson. I currently live in my Henderson home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas