Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2017, 03:07 PM

2,880 posts, read 2,841,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTee_ View Post
I have Verizon loyalty plan for only $50/mo + subsidized phone. Cheaper than going with any other provider for my need. Figured I will have to pay every month anyway, so I didn't mind the 2 yr contract.

I only have 1gb data but I work from home and mostly everywhere I go have wifi anyway.

I have more drop calls here than in the bay area but I really don't want to find out how bad Sprint is, even if it's free. The frustration is not worth it (at least for me).
I paid under $157 for one year worth of service with Mint Sim (tmobile mvno), that's about $13/m... if i was eligible for this Sprint Free deal, I would not hesitate to jump on it and switch when it ends.

I have no issues with Mint Sim regarding speed or dropped calls. I get 2gb LTE everymonth then throttled to slow speed (no overages). Unl texts and calls too....I have also been with a Sprint mvno (slower than tmo for data imo), but equally had no issues.

I think if you are paying $50/m with what little you get, you are not getting a good deal.

There are lots of mvnos that offer far better deals, and if you absolutely must be on the Verizon network, then there are also mvnos for that including Total Wireless for $35/m with 5gb for a single line (and cheaper per line on multiple lines)

If you are going with tmobile, then make sure your phone has band 12 support. That should increase reception in buildings with thick walls.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2017, 03:23 PM

519 posts, read 607,355 times
Hard to beat free. If I didn't already have Sprint I'd be all over this.

Old 06-14-2017, 05:29 PM

102 posts, read 116,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaSupreme View Post
I paid under $157 for one year worth of service with Mint Sim (tmobile mvno), that's about $13/m... if i was eligible for this Sprint Free deal, I would not hesitate to jump on it and switch when it ends.

I have no issues with Mint Sim regarding speed or dropped calls. I get 2gb LTE everymonth then throttled to slow speed (no overages). Unl texts and calls too....I have also been with a Sprint mvno (slower than tmo for data imo), but equally had no issues.

I think if you are paying $50/m with what little you get, you are not getting a good deal.

There are lots of mvnos that offer far better deals, and if you absolutely must be on the Verizon network, then there are also mvnos for that including Total Wireless for $35/m with 5gb for a single line (and cheaper per line on multiple lines)

If you are going with tmobile, then make sure your phone has band 12 support. That should increase reception in buildings with thick walls.
Different people have different needs. I can only speak for myself.
I have zero patience with dropped calls and slow internet. Is it worth saving $15/mo if it drives me crazy (which in turn, will drive DH crazy)? He would say no

$15 more per month is only $360 for 2 yrs. I got Samsung S7 Edge for free. So consider the $360 extra towards the phone cost for having Verizon coverage.
I don't need the extra data since everywhere I go mostly have wifi but I do need Verizon coverage inside national parks where T-Mo and AT&T coverage are not as good.

Your situation might be completely different.

Old 06-14-2017, 05:43 PM

13,027 posts, read 13,963,789 times
Sprint's network is pretty sparse in the West.

Old 06-14-2017, 05:59 PM

118 posts, read 108,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaSupreme View Post
As long as you own the phone and have a valid plan with tmo, att or Verizon, you should be able to get a free year with Sprint, unl calls text and data
Must have a somewhat recent phone, full list and info here:

https://www.sprint.com/en/shop/offer...unlimited.html

NB looks like a hard credit pull
Still too expensive for Sprint
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas