Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2016, 09:50 AM

390 posts, read 381,677 times

Advertisements

I am signed up and approved but waiting on the insulated bags. How quickly did you get yours?

Another question is when I am on the app it does not distinguish picking up people vs. food but I have not gone "online" yet. I also heard you should get a schedule where you pick when you want to work but I have not seen that yet either.

i signed up for Postmates too and they are way more clear with their instructions. Does UberEats give you a prepaid card to pickup the food? Not sure how that works either. Is there a tutorial somewhere?

I swear I am pretty smart LOL but can't find a lot of info about these things. This is just going to be PT for me since I have a good day job but having trouble connecting the dots :-)

Thanks-
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2016, 10:17 AM

2,173 posts, read 1,832,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annieosage View Post
I am signed up and approved but waiting on the insulated bags. How quickly did you get yours?

Another question is when I am on the app it does not distinguish picking up people vs. food but I have not gone "online" yet. I also heard you should get a schedule where you pick when you want to work but I have not seen that yet either.

i signed up for Postmates too and they are way more clear with their instructions. Does UberEats give you a prepaid card to pickup the food? Not sure how that works either. Is there a tutorial somewhere?

I swear I am pretty smart LOL but can't find a lot of info about these things. This is just going to be PT for me since I have a good day job but having trouble connecting the dots :-)

Thanks-
I signed up to drive for them and Postmates in the DC area and had my first set of deliveries for them last night. I got my bag after about a week, I didn't have it with me last night but I did have my postmates bag so I had something insulated.

I only signed up for deliveries so when the app alerts me of an opportunity it's only for food. When you go online you see a map of where the boost fares are so you could drive to that area to wait for deliveries. With the pickups I had, the food was pre-paid, I was just picking up and dropping off. I also had Postmates online but their alerts came in while I was on Uber runs so I couldn't get them so I don't know how the pay compares.

That being said, if you can sign up for Amazon Flex that is a much better gig. I was online for about 3 hours last night and only made $30 making 5 deliveries. I could see it being worth it if you could do both UberEats and Postmates while you are out making Amazon deliveries or you happen to be in an area with high surge pricing.

Old 12-19-2016, 11:20 AM

390 posts, read 381,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shellymdnv View Post
I signed up to drive for them and Postmates in the DC area and had my first set of deliveries for them last night. I got my bag after about a week, I didn't have it with me last night but I did have my postmates bag so I had something insulated.

I only signed up for deliveries so when the app alerts me of an opportunity it's only for food. When you go online you see a map of where the boost fares are so you could drive to that area to wait for deliveries. With the pickups I had, the food was pre-paid, I was just picking up and dropping off. I also had Postmates online but their alerts came in while I was on Uber runs so I couldn't get them so I don't know how the pay compares.

That being said, if you can sign up for Amazon Flex that is a much better gig. I was online for about 3 hours last night and only made $30 making 5 deliveries. I could see it being worth it if you could do both UberEats and Postmates while you are out making Amazon deliveries or you happen to be in an area with high surge pricing.
Thanks! That actually is the type of input I was looking for. I did 3 runs this weekend with Postmates and made about $22. I get it now too about going to one of their hotspots and waiting for the notification. All 3 were within the same area and from the same area of restaurants. I have the Postmates debit card and everything went well.

I have not received anything from UberEATS yet and thought I would try them but was not sure how the payment part worked. You also answered my question that the app knows you only signed up for deliveries so will not send you notifications for passenger type pick ups.

Thanks for the post!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas