Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2016, 09:47 AM

1,078 posts, read 1,153,896 times

Advertisements

I was thinking the same thing.

Unlikely I will ever spend $400 for dinner for two. Just not my style.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2016, 10:28 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,128,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robojester View Post
I was thinking the same thing.

Unlikely I will ever spend $400 for dinner for two. Just not my style.
Some people just dig experiences and are willing to pay for them. For me, if I was shelling out that kind of cash, I'd be at Bouchon, or one of Emerils places. I've tried six of his recipes, and they never fail. Never been to one of Emerils joints, though I've been to other celebrity chef places.

I've been here for so long, that I still have that " no thanks " attitude when it comes to the Strat. I was here when Stupak built it. Maybe though, at this point, it's better than giving money to MGM.

There's no way in hell I'd pay $400 for a meal at the former site of Vegas World, though. Voted the biggest eyesore in Vegas for about a decade back in the day. And that's not a peachy neighborhood either.

Old 10-02-2016, 10:36 AM

1,410 posts, read 3,320,826 times
Your best value at the Strat is their lunch. You can get out of there under $50 and have experienced a better view than that stupid Linq wheel.

Old 10-02-2016, 03:09 PM

32 posts, read 42,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
We've been there a few times and never spent $400 on dinner for two. I suppose you could spend that much, but you really don't have to.

The food is good, I thought, but not as good as some other places for the same price. You are paying for the view, obviously, and the uniqueness of the place.

Just be careful if you leave the table to use the restroom. When you get back it will be in a different place. It can be confusing, especially after a few drinks. LOL.

LOL!! FUNNY! Yes i plan on drinking....i never thought of the table leaving...hahaha

Old 10-03-2016, 06:49 AM

249 posts, read 402,934 times
I've eaten there a couple of times-- not sure how two people could spend $400 there unless that includes a couple of very expensive bottles of wine. The food is not that pricey, nor that good. Nice view though

Old 10-03-2016, 12:01 PM

I love it...I ate there in April and now I have to take my hubby and another couple....im paying for more than two. ,) its 4 people total....and the plates are $100 ....not really that pricey for a nice dinner. Also remember we are from Omaha so the view to us is amazing

Old 10-03-2016, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovtravel View Post
I love it...I ate there in April and now I have to take my hubby and another couple....im paying for more than two. ,) its 4 people total....and the plates are $100 ....not really that pricey for a nice dinner. Also remember we are from Omaha so the view to us is amazing
Well, thank you for visiting, and may I suggest for next time, Voodoo at the Rio? Nice view there as well, and the food is very good. If you ask for a table near the windows , they try to accommodate, and there is an outdoor patio / lounge with great strip views for an after-dinner drink.

Enjoy your stay.

Old 10-03-2016, 05:15 PM

589 posts, read 391,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ev780 View Post
So you are spending $400 for dinner but $15 for a cab gives you pause?

Just sayin'.
What you sayin?

Old 10-04-2016, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinkChink View Post
What you sayin?

Its not the money I was concerned about....I was asking in my original post the safest option for transportation not the cheapest.

Old 10-04-2016, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovtravel View Post
Its not the money I was concerned about....I was asking in my original post the safest option for transportation not the cheapest.
One of our CD regulars drives for Lyft. Wish I had his referral code. Maybe he'll pipe up. It would save you five bucks on the ride. you could DM him, he goes by EA. He's well known around here, so you could feel pretty safe on your ride, and meet a local CDer at the same time.

At any rate, come back after your visit and let us know how it went.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas