Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2016, 07:00 AM

52 posts, read 203,593 times

Advertisements

I cant seem to find anything in my quick google search. I understand that due to heat people like to get things done early but it is not even 6 AM and the noise coming from the houses being built next door to me has become annoying. My question is does clark county have an allowed start time for them to legally start at ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2016, 12:17 PM

2,821 posts, read 2,109,454 times
I experienced the same in my neighborhood, last year.

My home was one of the first 10 built in our community. As such, all of the subsequent home building created a lot of noise in the early morning hours.

I got used to it. It's a noisy means to a quiet end. Enjoy your new home.

Old 07-23-2016, 01:37 PM

452 posts, read 336,431 times
ear plugs

Old 07-23-2016, 02:12 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,279,380 times
Unfortunately, there isn't much you can do. I remember when our community was new, and we were woken up to constant pounding every day, all day, as they were building the homes behind us and so on down the line. After awhile the noise will become more distant as they work their way down the street. You just have to get some good ear plugs, a white noise machine, heavy drapes, whatever will muffle the sound. Try some movie theater drapes for your bedroom. They really help a lot! Add a fan for extra coolness and it helps muffle the sound too. Good luck. You will need it.

Old 07-23-2016, 03:26 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,111,878 times
When my house was being built, it wasn't so much the noise that drove me nuts as it was the fact that they were constantly spilling screws and nails into the street.

I can't remember how many times I had to get a tire repaired or replaced.

Old 07-24-2016, 09:01 AM

250 posts, read 229,207 times
https://www.city-data.com/forum/las-v...ion-noise.html
Different areas may have different regulations IE North Las Vegas, Henderson, unincorporated Clark County etc.
But I have to say if you're going to buy new construction just deal with it, it will be over soon enough.

Old 07-24-2016, 09:50 AM

12,908 posts, read 27,984,887 times
This post is like buying a house near the airport and then complaining about airplane noise. You bought in a development that is being constructed...did you think once you bought your house the construction would stop?

Old 07-24-2016, 10:56 AM

2,821 posts, read 2,109,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
This post is like buying a house near the airport and then complaining about airplane noise. You bought in a development that is being constructed...did you think once you bought your house the construction would stop?
If I am not mistaken, the OP's concern/issue is not primarily about the construction noise. It is the early start of the construction, which triggers noise in the early morning hours. There is a distinct and understandable difference.

Old 07-24-2016, 11:02 AM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,114,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post

This is why I loathe humans. My house is right under a flight path. Hundreds of planes fly over my house every day. Have you ever heard me complain about it? Nope. It was like this before I moved in.
When Sam Boyd has concerts, I can hear them at my house. I can hear their frequent fireworks displays as well. Ever heard me complain about it? Nope. They were here before I was.

Old 07-24-2016, 02:23 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,984,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post
This is why I loathe humans. My house is right under a flight path. Hundreds of planes fly over my house every day. Have you ever heard me complain about it? Nope. It was like this before I moved in.
When Sam Boyd has concerts, I can hear them at my house. I can hear their frequent fireworks displays as well. Ever heard me complain about it? Nope. They were here before I was.
thumbs up... this is what i am talking about...!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas