Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2016, 10:46 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,504,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oeccscclhjhn View Post
^ I agree with lookie lous causing the most accidents, but I do not see the tie in with obeying the law and pulling over if safe to do so and stopping to let an emergency vehicle pass.
Agreed. I will continue to obey the law as stated. Granted, I will pull over as far as possible to the right, in the safest manner possible. My choice is not to stop in the middle of an active driving lane as presented by EA. The law, and insurance companies will not look kindly on someone who rearends a legal driver obeying the traffic laws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2016, 05:43 AM

11,479 posts, read 9,149,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethan Allen View Post
So my suggestion is, if you are not in danger of impeding the emergency vehicle, keep eyes forward and maintain speed.
Just goes to show - Be very, very careful what you put into that head, because you will never, ever get it out.

Old 04-05-2016, 05:51 AM

Quote:
If you are traveling north, and the ambulance is traveling south, and you slow down in your lane, the people behind you will, more than likely, be looking east to see the ambulance instead of looking north where your car is now traveling slower than they are.
You probably don't stop for a flashing red light stopped school bus if you're on the other side too, right?

Old 04-05-2016, 09:59 AM

85 posts, read 63,265 times
Quote:
You probably don't stop for a flashing red light stopped school bus if you're on the other side too, right?
I absolutely stop. Why? Because I do not know if children are going to be crossing the street or not.

If red is the ambulance, obviously it is not going to be turning in front on me in blue. It is 100% pointless to risk an accident.

If red is a school bus, it is very likely that children will be crossing the street in front of me, therefore I should stop.

This is called logic.

Old 04-05-2016, 10:23 AM

Quote:
I absolutely stop. Why? Because I do not know if children are going to be crossing the street or not.
The same principle applies for oncoming emergency vehicles running code and siren in the outer lane. The law specifically addresses this.

Old 04-05-2016, 10:26 AM

1,107 posts, read 1,421,466 times
Your drawing assumes you have not seen the emergency vehicle until it is almost on top of you. Provided you are actually paying attention to your surroundings and see the emergency vehicle approaching from a few hundred yards away, you have no idea what the drivers intentions are and you should pull to the right and slow down or stop until it has passed.

Just because they are on the opposite side of the street doesn't mean that they are not going to make a U-Turn or something to get to the building 100 yards in front of you and on your right.

Also, just as a reminder, with regards to school buses. If there is an actual median, or double double yellows, between you and the bus you are not supposed to stop if you are traveling in the opposite direction.

Old 04-05-2016, 10:27 AM

Quote:
The same principle applies for oncoming emergency vehicles running code and siren in the outer lane. The law specifically addresses this.

Please read my entire post. Children are NOT going to be jumping out of an ambulance and running across the street. The principal is completely different.

I don't care about stupid laws. I will use logic and common sense.

Old 04-05-2016, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_A_Braun View Post
Your drawing assumes you have not seen the emergency vehicle until it is almost on top of you.

I've never gotten in the way of an ambulance, fire truck, or police car, and I never will. I also get better gas mileage than than the epa because I use my brain when driving. Unnecessary stopping and starting is hard on the car and decreases economy.

Old 04-05-2016, 10:44 AM

1,107 posts, read 1,421,466 times
Quote:
I've never gotten in the way of an ambulance, fire truck, or police car, and I never will. I also get better gas mileage than than the epa because I use my brain when driving. Unnecessary stopping and starting is hard on the car and decreases economy.
You sound like you drive a BMW.

Old 04-05-2016, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_A_Braun View Post
You sound like you drive a BMW.
No. I don't clean lady parts either. I drive a 13 year old Nissan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas