Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2015, 03:30 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,150,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Aw comeon. The near NW is the strip.
Actually, according to Metro, in 2014, the area near Jones and w. Lake Mead was the highest crime area. That area indeed, has gone to hell in a handbasket. Most of the crime seems to surround the apartment complex called The Crossings. Lots of tweakers living there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2015, 09:15 AM

23,270 posts, read 29,133,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Actually, according to Metro, in 2014, the area near Jones and w. Lake Mead was the highest crime area. That area indeed, has gone to hell in a handbasket. Most of the crime seems to surround the apartment complex called The Crossings. Lots of tweakers living there.
That's the near NW I was referring to. I know someone who lives in that area, he's underwater on his house, and he refused to let the house go into foreclosure, and he's going to stick it out!

But I keep reading of the crime reports in the paper, and they seem to be all over the valley now.

Again, perhaps I'm wrong, but I'm pinning it more on these investor-owned homes, scattered all over the valley!

In my 433 unit townhouse complex, 60% are now investor-owned, and one of the Board members told me that the majority of the buyers are from Hawaii!

I'm not quite ready to move to Tucson, but I will, but I called an agent to have her come over to see what I needed to get my house in a saleable condition, and over the phone, she said: I buy for investors, and I'll give you $70k for your house, sight unseen!

Later she did come over, and again, she said I didn't need to do anything to my house, her investors have crews who come in and can transform it in record time!

Old 12-09-2015, 11:19 AM

1,062 posts, read 1,810,824 times
My neighbor next door just has an appraisal done on his place which is identical to mine. We live in a planned community Sunrise Villa built in 1979. His appraisal was $155,000.00 which is $30,000.00 more than he paid for it 1 1/2 years ago. The place is over 1700 SQF 3 bedrooms,2 baths, 2 car garage,fireplace, and back patio. So for living in such a run down crime ridden area on the East side off of DI something must be going correct for the Appraisals to keep rising. I have lived here for over 3 years and yet to see any Ganges or hot beds of crime.

Old 12-09-2015, 12:34 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,830,328 times
Quote:
Nah. One third the overall crime incidents as compared to 11th and Fremont.

Old 12-09-2015, 01:58 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,150,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Nah. One third the overall crime incidents as compared to 11th and Fremont.
Maybe. But according to this article from last year, plus anecdotal evidence from a relative who lived in the area...

Las Vegas' most dangerous neighborhood turning around - FOX5 Vegas - KVVU

Old 12-09-2015, 03:09 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,830,328 times
Quote:
Maybe. But according to this article from last year, plus anecdotal evidence from a relative who lived in the area...

Las Vegas' most dangerous neighborhood turning around - FOX5 Vegas - KVVU
It could be but the actual area is just about a tract of two story apartment houses. So I suspect the problem are pretty local to that development and a few similar nearby. Kind of the same sort of thing as the Villas at Desert Shores only worse..this is a much more beat up and poorly designed complex.

There are lots of reasonably nice tracts in the area. So as soon as you get out of the tract it is much better.

Old 12-10-2015, 03:26 AM

2,719 posts, read 3,496,710 times
Quote:

Using 95 Freeway as a median and from the Spaghetti Bowl all the way to Cheyenne, the Eastern side of the freeway has always been ghetto-ish. You can really see the difference between the two sides.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas