Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2015, 10:46 PM

53 posts, read 73,388 times

Advertisements

"Just bought a condo", "My Lease starts in December", "Former Law Enforcement Officer". Some post just amaze me......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2015, 11:22 PM

1,062 posts, read 1,808,046 times
I am sick and tired of people posting or acting like they know about the East side of LV and it is a bad area. To start with the East side covers a big area and like any other area it has it's good and bad. Their are many people posting on here who live in the East side and you do not hear us slamming other areas. Most people who do slam the East side do not live here or if they did it was 20 or more years ago. So get your facts correct and go bash some other area their are too many good hard working folks who live in the East area who get tagged by some other finger pointing people.

Old 12-01-2015, 02:01 AM

2,719 posts, read 3,490,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgeek View Post
avoid anything West of Frenchmen Mountain, East of Spring Mountain, South of Shadow Ridge and North of Mountains edge, and you will be fine.

Jonathan
Hahahaha!

Old 12-01-2015, 06:07 AM

3,977 posts, read 7,638,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
Seems you're finally coming around to my way of thinking!
I always think the way you do, i just NEVER SAY IT OUT LOUD!

Jonathan

Old 12-01-2015, 07:46 AM

10,864 posts, read 16,992,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishspy View Post
I am sick and tired of people posting or acting like they know about the East side of LV and it is a bad area. To start with the East side covers a big area and like any other area it has it's good and bad. Their are many people posting on here who live in the East side and you do not hear us slamming other areas. Most people who do slam the East side do not live here or if they did it was 20 or more years ago. So get your facts correct and go bash some other area their are too many good hard working folks who live in the East area who get tagged by some other finger pointing people.
I'm GLAD that people slam the East side. It keeps the prices down. When I'm ready to sell, then I hope people will start talking the place up so demand increases...

Old 12-01-2015, 03:59 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,118,325 times
Quote:
Seems you're finally coming around to my way of thinking!
He took an advanced course in sarcasm and snark.

Old 12-03-2015, 12:32 AM

1,062 posts, read 1,808,046 times
Quote:
I'm GLAD that people slam the East side. It keeps the prices down. When I'm ready to sell, then I hope people will start talking the place up so demand increases...
Hate to burst your bubble, "on the hill over looking all of the rest of us" but the place I purchased in the East side of Las Vegas off of Desert Inn in 2012 has increased in price over $70,000.00 from the original purchase price. It seems the peasants are moving on up!!!

Old 12-03-2015, 01:09 AM

23,219 posts, read 29,040,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishspy View Post
I read not too long ago, the Huntridge district showed some of the higher percentage increase in house prices, and as they're rediscovering the Paradise Palms district, that area will follow suit.

Milennials! One reason! Summerlin, the Southwest, the Northwest, is simply not their cup of tea! Finally, an intelligent breed has descended on Las Vegas!

Old 12-03-2015, 05:45 AM

168 posts, read 212,301 times
Born and raised east side Sunrise Manor for 27 years. It's just older and consists of all class levels. Majority being lower middle class.

It just sucks over there. Freeway access is 10-15 mins away. (WORST in Vegas) Charleston traffic sucks. Bonanza is a speed trap. No restaurants. Stores are weak. Your neighbors likely won't speak english or pretend not to. (OMG I'm so racist!!!)

East side isn't any more ghetto than other areas. It has quiet areas and shady areas. It's just old and the majority is minorities so everyone automatically assumes its ghetto. It's not. It's just 30 minutes away from anything considered "nice"

Old 12-03-2015, 09:30 AM

15,842 posts, read 14,476,031 times
Or the areas you're talking about just started so much cheaper, the can withstand higher price increases, and still be affordable. Let them start to approach the prices of the better suburbs, and we'll see what happens to their sales.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
I read not too long ago, the Huntridge district showed some of the higher percentage increase in house prices, and as they're rediscovering the Paradise Palms district, that area will follow suit.

Milennials! One reason! Summerlin, the Southwest, the Northwest, is simply not their cup of tea! Finally, an intelligent breed has descended on Las Vegas!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas