Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2015, 01:50 AM

10,864 posts, read 16,990,912 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lv_desert View Post
There are gun owners, and there are gun nuts. I think we can identify who's who on this thread.
Boys and their toys. It happens every single time the subject of firearms comes up. Hold up your pinkie -- that's the mechanism I think is in place here. Freud would have a field day in the 21st century.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2015, 03:53 PM

3,913 posts, read 5,228,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
Checked it out based on your post. Apparently they've shut down their online sales operation.
Nope. Call them.

Old 08-31-2015, 07:51 PM

8,421 posts, read 4,574,906 times
Quote:
There are gun owners, and there are gun nuts. I think we can identify who's who on this thread.
So knowledge about a subject one is interested in makes them a nut. I assume this applies to all interests, food, HVAC, real estate, pest control, computers etc.

Good to know.

Old 09-01-2015, 02:03 PM

99 posts, read 128,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logline View Post
<snip>

The unbiased facts are on my side here and they are undeniable. You and your family are safer without a gun in the house. Period.

I have no idea how your roommate got you to change your mind just by going to the range... do tell.
Not exactly. Cut the stats anyway you like them or how it fits your bias. I do! Your risk of dying via falling coconuts is vastly increase if you have a coconut tree in your back yard. Correlation is not causation.

Quote:
We prefer the term "Firearms enthusiast!"

Old 09-01-2015, 07:48 PM

775 posts, read 776,194 times
"Ammosexuals" is pretty cool!

Old 09-01-2015, 08:20 PM

And accurate!

Old 09-01-2015, 10:08 PM

775 posts, read 776,194 times
Yup! Thanks!

Old 09-02-2015, 07:51 AM

99 posts, read 128,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado Baby View Post
"Ammosexuals" is pretty cool!

New one. I like it!!!

Old 09-02-2015, 08:00 AM

Their obsession with -- and description of -- firearms certainly borders on prurient. I would call their fascination with gun ownership in America a religion. But it is better described as a cult.

And every time someone posts a "I'm soooo scared! Immigrants! Minorities! Criminal-rapist-immigrant-minorities! What gun should I buy?!?" thread, the ammosexuals trip over each other proselytizing.

Old 09-02-2015, 08:44 AM

15,841 posts, read 14,469,933 times
It's a combination of things. Just like cars, computers, or other technical devices, there's a good amount of geekiness to the gun hobby. In a way there just another type of interesting technical device.

There's also a very well developed set of shooting sports, and there very easy to get into competition with.

And, yes, there is the fact that, if someone gets into some sort of SHTF situation of being attacked, they give the ability to successfully defend yourself against bigger, stronger, and multiple attackers in a way that most people couldn't without them.

And yes, I know you don't buy any of this. Too bad. Legal guns are not going away. And even if they did, they're be even more illegal gun (remember Prohibition?).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
Their obsession with -- and description of -- firearms certainly borders on prurient. I would call their fascination with gun ownership in America a religion. But it is better described as a cult.

And every time someone posts a "I'm soooo scared! Immigrants! Minorities! Criminal-rapist-immigrant-minorities! What gun should I buy?!?" thread, the ammosexuals trip over each other proselytizing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas