Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2015, 09:21 AM

13,044 posts, read 13,887,772 times

Advertisements

Residential High-Speed Internet | Rise Broadband

They offer broadband internet & voice. They do not offer TV as far as I can tell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2015, 10:07 AM

1,612 posts, read 2,020,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
Yes, I almost did my service request online, but am glad I called in. They were able to get me better discounts and waived all fees.

I was going to not have any TV service, but this price was too good. I'm getting the TV for next to nothing with a better channel lineup than Cox. I had nothing but issues with Cox for the last 18 months. had to call at least once a month with one issue or another. (I am on my third settop box in less than 2 years with issues) I am actually paying the cancellation fee to get out of my contract So worth it!

Hope you have better luck than I did.

Don't forget about the slower speeds though.

Old 05-24-2015, 02:44 PM

2,457 posts, read 4,728,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyandMisty View Post
Residential High-Speed Internet | Rise Broadband

They offer broadband internet & voice. They do not offer TV as far as I can tell.
Do you personally use them ?. I have heard alot of bad things about the parent company Jab and how they keep changing the name to fleece customers with poor or non service. Last year I believe that they operated as Skybeam.net in the same markets.

Old 05-24-2015, 06:11 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,309,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timothyaw View Post
Don't forget about the slower speeds though.

I haven't noticed any difference other than Prism TV picture and sound quality GREATLY improved. Oh that and saving $70 a month with Century Link over Cox.

Old 05-24-2015, 06:21 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,821,028 times
Let us be a little careful. ElleT is in Phoenix not Las Vegas. Century Link actually refuses any service in certain areas of LV...the North West in particular. Elsewhere they provide totally unacceptable capabilities for any who actually needs broad band. It appears they are now opening up a few very nice fiber locations that will provide good service. But that is a tiny part of the city.

All most all of LV is Cox or nothing.

Old 05-24-2015, 08:34 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,309,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post

All most all of LV is Cox or nothing.
If that were my choices, I'd choose nothing. Hands down.

Interesting that Vegas is barely serviced by CL as you say. The tech that was here said the opposite. My refurbished equipment came from there.

Just downloaded a movie, quick as can be. And a steaming show that used to stutter on Cox now plays fine. Pretty good for someone who doesn't "need broadband."

Old 05-24-2015, 10:18 PM

529 posts, read 513,011 times
I am near Downtown Summerlin. Has anyone else in the area or anywhere else in Las Vegas experienced long outages during peak hours? Our internet has been down most of last two days. It comes back for a brief time,then goes back down or another extended period.

It has gotten progressively worse. It all started about two months ago. It would go down for an hour or two once a week. Now it is down more than it works. Cox has not been the slightest bit helpful and the credit they offered me is laughable considering all the time I have spent on the phone with them.

I am trying to pinpoint if this is my area or a widespread Las Vegas issue. I am going to switch to Centurylink at the end of the holiday weekend. It can’t be any worse than this.

Edit: I also notice than when it is working the speed is only 6-7 mps when I am paying for 15.

Last edited by LasVegasPlayer; 05-24-2015 at 10:50 PM..

Old 05-25-2015, 12:03 AM

469 posts, read 495,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LasVegasPlayer View Post
I am near Downtown Summerlin. Has anyone else in the area or anywhere else in Las Vegas experienced long outages during peak hours? Our internet has been down most of last two days. It comes back for a brief time,then goes back down or another extended period.

It has gotten progressively worse. It all started about two months ago. It would go down for an hour or two once a week. Now it is down more than it works. Cox has not been the slightest bit helpful and the credit they offered me is laughable considering all the time I have spent on the phone with them.

I am trying to pinpoint if this is my area or a widespread Las Vegas issue. I am going to switch to Centurylink at the end of the holiday weekend. It can’t be any worse than this.

Edit: I also notice than when it is working the speed is only 6-7 mps when I am paying for 15.
You have to remember if your using Wi-Fi. DL speed is going to be 1/2 of what your actually service speed is.

Old 05-25-2015, 10:25 AM

2,413 posts, read 2,034,931 times
Quote:
You have to remember if your using Wi-Fi. DL speed is going to be 1/2 of what your actually service speed is.
It is closer to 90% if your wifi router is up to date.

Old 05-25-2015, 02:45 PM

529 posts, read 513,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
It is closer to 90% if your wifi router is up to date.
I tested it from the wire and it was only marginally faster. We simply not getting what we pay for and its downtime is around 20% lately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: