Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2015, 08:58 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,176,018 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
Aren't you a guy? What are you doing at all of those baby showers ?
Sometimes the baby showers turn into just an excuse to get together, drink, play silly games and party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2015, 10:00 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,321,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by von949 View Post
Sometimes the baby showers turn into just an excuse to get together, drink, play silly games and party.

I have been to less than 20 baby showers in my entire life! Not one was ever anything but women. (but there was still drinking, silly games, etc at a few)

Old 03-20-2015, 06:59 PM

1,410 posts, read 3,324,665 times
The newest trend is to have couple's showers. No reason the daddy to be should be omitted. That of course requires some substantial food, as in, steaks and a cook out with good things to drink.

Old 03-20-2015, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
I have been to less than 20 baby showers in my entire life! Not one was ever anything but women. (but there was still drinking, silly games, etc at a few)
My male cousins and myself usually do the BBQing. As a matter of fact, we ALWAYS do the BBQing. Last baby shower we had started around noon and ended around 2am. Neighbors came over too. Good times.

What kind of baby showers are you attending? They sound pretty boring.

Old 03-20-2015, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjameson922 View Post
The newest trend is to have couple's showers. No reason the daddy to be should be omitted. That of course requires some substantial food, as in, steaks and a cook out with good things to drink.
There are always steaks, carna asada, ribs and what ever else we can fit on the grill. The guys are out back, the ladies are inside with their cake made out of diapers.

Old 03-20-2015, 11:53 PM

775 posts, read 778,522 times
They are boring and a pitch for a gift. Being invited to one is like being invited to the wedding of a third cousin you have never met. Women's only showers are tea and cake (yawn) and games that identify which candy bar baby poop is melted in a Kleenex. Notice that only if men attend will there be steaks and booze. Why do women settle for this?

Old 03-21-2015, 07:17 AM

3 posts, read 9,396 times
I didn't want to impose on my sister or anyone else so I thought that going out to a restaurant or cafe would be the easiest but I guess there's not a lot of options with my budget. I like the park idea though, I'll look into that. Thanks, everyone.

Old 03-23-2015, 09:57 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,321,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by von949 View Post
My male cousins and myself usually do the BBQing. As a matter of fact, we ALWAYS do the BBQing. Last baby shower we had started around noon and ended around 2am. Neighbors came over too. Good times.

What kind of baby showers are you attending? They sound pretty boring.

Thankfully I have not attended a baby shower in about 7 or 8 years.

Traditionally they are all women (like bridal showers are). Cake, snacky foods, chatting, opening gifts. Some have a silly game or two. Lasts about 90 minutes TOPS. Usually on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon.

Most women seem to enjoy sitting around oohing and aahing baby gifts as the mom to be opens them (not really my thing). I can't imagine guys doing the same.

A BBQ in the backyard that goes till 2 AM is not a traditional baby shower. It is a BBQ with baby gifts. LOL

Old 03-23-2015, 11:15 PM

3,631 posts, read 7,688,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chardeberry View Post
Hello, everyone! I'll be visiting my pregnant sister in Las Vegas and I was thinking of throwing her a baby shower. My budget is low, maybe $200-300? I'm not planning anything fancy. I was thinking just a casual get together with close family and friends (maybe 8-12 pax). Please suggest a restaurant or cafe or any venue that would be nice for a small baby shower and would fit my budget. I've tried searching online but mostly the big venues come up. I hope you guys can help. Thanks for your time!
If your HOA has a clubhouse you could try reserving that and just bring in food from somewhere that does party trays.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: