Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 08:34 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,200,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim10 View Post
More tedious approach but definitely accurate and without charge.

Recorder's Office Home

Click on search records. After accepting the disclaimer, use parcel search for foreclosure docs.

Good for locating specific distressed props once one has identified the estate or neighborhood.
Actually if you are clever enough to use a script language or know someone who is you can automate the whole thing and get the result overnight. That is how most of these services do it.

I would consider selling a group a good script for a couple of grand. Than you can all have your own list every night for free.

I am still at a loss as to what you do with it after you got it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2009, 10:27 PM

100 posts, read 180,575 times
Default Re:

I did a neighborhood check focusing on defaults to find out what's the potential supply after I identified my target house purchase.

Found out that the neighborhood had 2.5% in defaults with another 2.5% in trustee sales (but not foreclosed yet) mostly in 09, not to mention 25% already foreclosed and more importantly sold! 40% are still 1st owners. 13% of the neighborhood changed hands this year alone (all foreclosures bar 2 ss).

Since the bulk of homes were already foreclosed, I figured I had a good benchmark on prices with 25% of foreclosed homes. The price even if it goes lower will only be for 5% remaining defaulting homes (which still places me in the 95th percentile of good deals).

That's what I used it for.

I decided it won't be long before the supply of houses in that area dry up (ie supply drops, price increase). When I went in, it was like 4-5 actives on the MLS listing. That's a shortwhile back. Currently, there's only 1 active left. Won't be long.

At some point in time, the banks are going to decide that their level of bad debts are manageable and stop the housing fire sale. The more banks sell, the more manageable it gets, the more banks may decide to hold back for better prices cos their holding power increases. Banks even in good times do decide to hold on to a level of home equity. The bad part is bank's mood for negotiation will go down but its still too early for that.

imho, foreclosed homes asking prices are going to be flat or creep up through 2010. Could be wrong, but statistically unlikely (that's what my gut tells me too).

Last edited by Slim10; 10-26-2009 at 10:49 PM.. Reason: grammer/spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: