Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2014, 10:12 AM

792 posts, read 1,301,909 times

Advertisements

I'm simply thinking out loud, but can't wonder if these 2 are not somehow, tied to, or connected with the recent incident in Bunkerville...they were reported new to the area....screaming about a "revolution"...with extreme radical views. Sure sounds familiar !!!!

That incident in Bunkerville, unfortunately sent the wrong message and attracted a mindset that could...in their sick, disillusioned mind...instigate these very, pitiful acts.

I truly hope I am wrong, and that this area is not now identified as a place where these acts will be tolerated....My prayers go out to LVMPD and those families directly affected by this senseless act.

Cause and effect...can't help but wonder !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2014, 10:32 AM

2,846 posts, read 4,520,659 times
is it possible these people are the same people/group that was involved in an incident last summer (?) near st rose pkwy? i vaguely remember something like the cops had someone pulled over & another car was traveling in the opposite direction, when they saw the cop they did a u-turn so they could shoot at the cop who was simply doing his job.

anyone else remember this & think it's related?

Old 06-09-2014, 10:35 AM

23,222 posts, read 29,040,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_Guy View Post
Shocking story. ;(

Light a candle for the pour souls lost today.

Best, LA Guy
Perhaps only one candle lit, for the innocent shopper at Wal-Mart!

I'll bet a zillion dollars, those who have received traffic violations, over the past number of years, are not going to light all 3 candles!

I'll light 2 candles for the killers, only because they committed suicide, saved us taxpayers millions of dollars in prison expenditures. More than likely, they would have been given the Death Sentence, and there's a couple million apiece! The money saved, and what's the price of a couple candles!!!

And let's never forget the laws of Karma!

Old 06-09-2014, 10:53 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,412,732 times
Let's keep this thread focused on the event from its local LV perspective, and take the political discussions which have nothing to do with LV elsewhere.

Thank you.

Last edited by observer53; 06-09-2014 at 11:30 AM..

Old 06-09-2014, 10:53 AM

126 posts, read 151,453 times
Being run off of Fremont St in his Peter Pan outfit by Metro was no doubt the last straw.

Old 06-09-2014, 11:22 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,118,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish4evr View Post
I'm simply thinking out loud, but can't wonder if these 2 are not somehow, tied to, or connected with the recent incident in Bunkerville...they were reported new to the area....screaming about a "revolution"...with extreme radical views. Sure sounds familiar !!!!

That incident in Bunkerville, unfortunately sent the wrong message and attracted a mindset that could...in their sick, disillusioned mind...instigate these very, pitiful acts.

I truly hope I am wrong, and that this area is not now identified as a place where these acts will be tolerated....My prayers go out to LVMPD and those families directly affected by this senseless act.

Cause and effect...can't help but wonder !
There have been initial reports that the two shooters were indeed participants in the Bundy debacle, or at least they said they were (neighbors reporting this)

Old 06-09-2014, 11:29 AM

555 posts, read 1,259,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
There have been initial reports that the two shooters were indeed participants in the Bundy debacle, or at least they said they were (neighbors reporting this)

Yes and these two were from Indiana apparently and had just moved here January 1>>

Shooters in Sunday carnage identified as Indiana couple | Las Vegas Review-Journal

Very sad, both officers had wives and young children

Old 06-09-2014, 12:01 PM

3,631 posts, read 7,670,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitchen Witch View Post
Yes and these two were from Indiana apparently and had just moved here January 1>>

Shooters in Sunday carnage identified as Indiana couple | Las Vegas Review-Journal

Very sad, both officers had wives and young children
Thanks for the link...it appears these two were just isolated extremists who chould have ended up any where.
I find it odd they picked Vegas...really the city isn't much of a magnet for these sorts of haters.

Old 06-09-2014, 12:23 PM

555 posts, read 1,259,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHoVe View Post
Thanks for the link...it appears these two were just isolated extremists who chould have ended up any where.
I find it odd they picked Vegas...really the city isn't much of a magnet for these sorts of haters.

You're welcome. Unfortunately, there ARE quite a few of these revolutionist>swastika>cop hating types here. Have been for years and even more unfortunately, they are growing in numbers

Old 06-09-2014, 12:28 PM

210 posts, read 449,521 times
Did anyone see that picture of the couple from the RJ? Holy Crap. Indiana couple who killed Las Vegas police also had plans to attack courts | Las Vegas Review-Journal
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas