Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 04:58 PM

10 posts, read 27,539 times

Advertisements

Las vegas has people shooting at bus stops and ****, i need to think deeper about moving there lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2007, 05:00 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,101,668 times
Yep....it only happens here......and in ARVADA CO and COLORADO SPRINGS CO and Virginia Tech and on and on and on.

Old 12-12-2007, 05:28 PM

1,755 posts, read 5,331,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmetoo View Post
Las vegas has people shooting at bus stops and ****, i need to think deeper about moving there lol
Sure, bring your children to THECesspool, and have them study up-close with future members of the Nevada State Penal System: http://www.ktnv.com/Global/story.asp?S=7488414 (broken link)

Old 12-12-2007, 08:48 PM

lol i dont have any kids. im a young single guy. fortunately. the life of a bachelor!

Old 12-12-2007, 09:02 PM

10 posts, read 10,680 times
I am sick of people always saying that it happens everywhere. Yes it could happen anywhere, but it happens in this pile of crap town a lot. You know, every student they interviewed said they were not surprised that this happened and that most of them are waiting for the next columbine to happen at thier school. Thats sad. Along with the babies being left in dumpters, people cutting up thier wives in hotel rooms, the scores of local politicians who are now in jail, the bums all over the sidewalks, the smog that hangs in air; its all sad. But hey, that happens everywhere. BS!

Old 12-12-2007, 09:13 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,190,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSEW View Post
I am sick of people always saying that it happens everywhere. Yes it could happen anywhere, but it happens in this pile of crap town a lot. You know, every student they interviewed said they were not surprised that this happened and that most of them are waiting for the next columbine to happen at thier school. Thats sad. Along with the babies being left in dumpters, people cutting up thier wives in hotel rooms, the scores of local politicians who are now in jail, the bums all over the sidewalks, the smog that hangs in air; its all sad. But hey, that happens everywhere. BS!
It is a black and hispanic high school in a tough neighborhood. Some of the children involved appear simply the victim of circumstances which happen in tough neighborhoods.

Crime rates are nothing to feel happy about but are also not of the sort that suggest a large problem. Perhaps you were thinking of Detroti or Atlanta or St. Louis?

It has crime and difficulties that are commensurate with a city of 2 Million.

Old 12-12-2007, 09:37 PM

i just dont wanna die. im too young and pretty to die. i wanna live forever. so i was just checking with the local LV residents to make sure this is just an isolated incident up there.

Old 12-12-2007, 09:40 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,190,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmetoo View Post
i just dont wanna die. im too young and pretty to die. i wanna live forever. so i was just checking with the local LV residents to make sure this is just an isolated incident up there.
One is never too young or too pretty.

Makes a better story when the victim is both...be careful out there.

Old 12-13-2007, 12:49 AM

lol. tell it to muhammed ali. jk not to be taken serious olecapt

Old 12-13-2007, 01:43 AM

57 posts, read 258,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheriff View Post
Sure, bring your children to THECesspool, and have them study up-close with future members of the Nevada State Penal System: http://www.ktnv.com/Global/story.asp?S=7488414 (broken link)

Yeah, Arizona has the high rate problem, and Oregon...Notice how many came from California with two strikes. Arizona has it much worse than we do. Las Vegas per capa has a problem, but that is a very assuming statment to make. If I rase my children properly they probly will not get in legal trouble.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas