Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 08:35 PM

2,990 posts, read 8,714,496 times

Advertisements

I have the customer loyalty plan with Verizon. Its $60 per month unlimited voice/text with 2 gb data. 1 year contract and eligible for equipment discounts and upgrades.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2014, 01:54 AM

123 posts, read 183,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AA702 View Post
I have the customer loyalty plan with Verizon. Its $60 per month unlimited voice/text with 2 gb data. 1 year contract and eligible for equipment discounts and upgrades.
how come i dont have that? been with them for 3 yrs now

Old 03-01-2014, 11:45 AM

2,990 posts, read 8,714,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by house2013 View Post
how come i dont have that? been with them for 3 yrs now
Because you have to ask for it. Tell them that your thinking of going prepaid and they will offer you the $60 customer loyalty plan.

Old 03-01-2014, 12:24 PM

126 posts, read 151,489 times
I had been with Tmobile since 2002, and my contract was up in Jan. they offered no percs at all to a longtime customer, same as any new customer. I switched to Cricket-- unlimited talk text and 2.5 GB 4G LTE data. A music subscription service---Muve music for free, and a Samsung S3 for $269. $51/mo.

Old 03-01-2014, 06:07 PM

3,475 posts, read 3,280,062 times
For an individual on a budget I would look at the average of how many minutes and data you actually use and then consider options. I'd also shop prepaid services. Many of the prepaid offices buy phone lines from the big carriers such as Verizon, Tmobile, AT&T so you're getting the same service but different pricing. Plus with prepaid if you use your minutes there's no overage charges because you'd have to refill the minutes you need. So you're in control what you pay for service.

Also I agree with airics that samsung and galaxy are out pacing apple's iphone technology. However, Apple has the better marketing and branding going for them. They can create a product that has little to no value to consumers, and where there is no market created for a device, and sell it to consumers creating a market for it.

We buy our smart phones on craigslist, amazon, or ebay shopping for one compatible with the service we want to use like Verizon. It's usually not the top of the line technology but one generation from it. Like buying a new used car so you don't have to pay considerably more for a new phone.

Also if you already pay for internet you can use a VOIP service like google voice for no additional fee and make unlimited calls for free using a home phone instead of the cell phone using your minutes. See my post here on how to set that up LINK.

For internet we pay $35 a month for 2MB. We lowered the speed from 15MB because often times the higher speed is more than you need for what you use the computers for. At the lower speed we can't play two high definition videos at the same time on two different computers. If you're a gamer you'll also want the higher speeds, but if you're one or two people watching videos online and have a tablet, smart phone and VOIP and you use them for surfing the net and emails you can get the lower speeds without much different to your usage.

For prepaid phones since we have VOIP we don't use our cell phones much and we pay $12 a month each for 250 minutes and 250 texts. There are also free services online that will send text messages to peoples cell phones for you and act like a chat on your computer if other people prefer to communicate through text messaging via cell phones.

So total for communication devices we're paying $59 a month for two people. Where as most people are paying $120 a month or more with $60 a month for internet at higher speeds that they don't need, and $60 a month for unlimited cell plans when they don't use a lot of minutes or text messaging.

I can see that if you have a TV and more than two members in the family to cover then those more expensive options with higher speeds and unlimited calling and texting may offer more savings for the value. We don't have a TV and watch all our shows on hulu which is free on personal computers, but you'd have to pay a monthly membership fee if you want to watch hulu on your mobile devices.

Old 03-04-2014, 08:52 PM

1,051 posts, read 1,486,513 times
Thanks for broadening my scope of options. I will have to think out of the box & do a little more reading & thinking.
I have 25 mb data & one step up from basic cable for tv.
I am not a heavy Internet user but sooooo many people have told me you can hardly use email with less.
Honestly, I bought a TiVo w/lifetime subscription from someone on this forum. He showed me how to use it, etcetera. That really helped. I don't understand computers or electronics
Despite a (1984) engineering degree!!

The TiVo is great. I haven't even set up a net flix acct because I'm using the TiVo off my limited channel line up.
I will booKmark this thread.
My contract w/Verizon is up In may.
I am not happy with how the iOS 7 system affected the iPhone 4.
I also had some reliability issues with he phone. Fortunately I got apple care as I am on my third phone.

Old 03-04-2014, 09:47 PM

1,110 posts, read 1,910,005 times
AT&T and Verizon offer 20% off for employee discounts, assuming your company is on their list. Doesn't hurt to ask

Old 03-04-2014, 10:29 PM

4,625 posts, read 12,298,352 times
Get the Bush free phone signed into law in 08 called www.safelink.com and if you meet the requirements you!ll get a free phone from the tax and spend party.

Old 03-04-2014, 10:30 PM

4,625 posts, read 12,298,352 times
Get the Bush free phone signed into law in 08 called www.safelink.com and if you meet the requirements you!ll get a free phone from the tax and spend party.

https://www.safelinkwireless.com/Enr...c/NewHome.html

Old 03-05-2014, 12:02 AM

12,908 posts, read 28,001,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skugelstadt View Post
AT&T and Verizon offer 20% off for employee discounts, assuming your company is on their list. Doesn't hurt to ask
It's upto 20% not many get the full 20
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas