Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2014, 07:15 PM

901 posts, read 1,899,409 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
i agree with cyborg... unless apple comes out with a large iphone, ditch it.. they are now lagging way behind samsung.. the galaxy's and notes kill them... and this coming from a mac guy... i have the iPads, the iphones, the iMacs, and MacBooks, along with apple tv
I don't know. It's a matter of personal preference more than anything else. I had the iPhone 3G, then switched to Android for several years, then came back to Apple when the iPhone 5S was released. Personally, I'd rather walk into oncoming traffic than use Android again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by localinsight View Post
Thanks. My iphone is my first apple product. I am so disappointed with it. Saw a friends Samsung & couldn't believe the difference! Originally had the iphone because a close friend is an all apple person. When they launched ios 7 I had lived in Las Vegas for only 1.5 weeks so needed maps & internet a lot. Needed to charge it multiple times a day.
You said you have an iPhone 4, right? That's a pretty old device, especially to be running the latest software. While it may technically be compatible with iOS7, it's really not. You'll experience the same thing if you hold on to an Android phone when it's well past it's prime and try to update to the latest operating system.

FWIW, I had Verizon for many years, but switched to back to AT&T with the iPhone 5s. I've had no issues with coverage anywhere in town. Verizon is great, but they are too expensive IMO and nickle and dime you to death. I've heard T-mobile really upped their game and most seem pleased. Sprint is still Sprint. The big carriers usually give you a 14 day trial period. Give one a shot and see if it works for you. If not, return the phone within the trial period and walk away with no strings attached.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2014, 07:34 PM

12,908 posts, read 28,001,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aardogfsu View Post
I had AT&T for 2 years and got tired of $80 phone bills.

Go with T-Mobile family plan...I pay less than $30 for unlimited everything. Great reception everywhere in Las Vegas, I could not be happier.
You have a minimum of 3 lines. Your 3rd line is 40.... The first two line prices are right up there with the others..

Old 02-26-2014, 10:34 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,484,501 times
Quote:
That's great that you can use your phone as a hotspot. You can tell that I am not up on technology - its really too expensive and Im a keep it simple person. But, I am really impressed that you get Netflix access via phone. I would love to reduce all these extra bills to "providers" - internet, phone, tv .... I cant be a cable cutter 100% where I live but maybe by combining them it would be less expensive in the long run.
(my 1984 television just died, to provide context but I did upgrade to a smart tv during the labor day sales).
Thanks.
I don't even have a TV...haven't for years now!

The phone hotspot isn't ideal and wouldn't work for most people anyway...Verizon has a data cap now, but I'm grandfathered in on a $29/mo unlimited data plan! ...So...there's that!

I hit 85GB one month! usually I'm around 15-25GB which is still way beyond their current caps.

FWIW I've been with them since before they existed as Verizon...I started with U.S. West Cellular before it became Airtouch and whatever else they became between US WEST Cellular and Verizon.

Old 02-27-2014, 12:54 AM

743 posts, read 968,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
You have a minimum of 3 lines. Your 3rd line is 40.... The first two line prices are right up there with the others..
AT&T family plan is garbage...well over $100, like $130 if they were to match T-Mobile.

Also, I was paying $80 for one line, 450 minutes, 300 texts and 0 data at AT&T

With T-Mobile I have now have unlimited talk, text, data for $59 the first line, added 2 more lines at $10 a piece, then tax and stupid fees that all carriers have and it takes my bill to just under $90 for 3 people to have unlimited everything.

When I left AT&T I looked at every option available with other carriers. Just go to any T-Mobile store with your own used smart phone that you got off craigslist, you can still use your sim from your old carrier.

Old 02-27-2014, 03:51 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,291,990 times
I have a smart phone bought at Best buy for $23. Pay $35 a month pay as you go. Unlimited texting, online,etc. But just 300 minutes talk time. The coverage is with Virgin mobile. I do not like it as much as T-mobile. But it's ok for the price. If given a choice, I would go back to T-mobile.

Old 02-27-2014, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post
I don't even have a TV...haven't for years now!

The phone hotspot isn't ideal and wouldn't work for most people anyway...Verizon has a data cap now, but I'm grandfathered in on a $29/mo unlimited data plan! ...So...there's that!

I hit 85GB one month! usually I'm around 15-25GB which is still way beyond their current caps.

FWIW I've been with them since before they existed as Verizon...I started with U.S. West Cellular before it became Airtouch and whatever else they became between US WEST Cellular and Verizon.
i used to have them when they were Cellular 1

Old 02-27-2014, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aardogfsu View Post
AT&T family plan is garbage...well over $100, like $130 if they were to match T-Mobile.

Also, I was paying $80 for one line, 450 minutes, 300 texts and 0 data at AT&T

With T-Mobile I have now have unlimited talk, text, data for $59 the first line, added 2 more lines at $10 a piece, then tax and stupid fees that all carriers have and it takes my bill to just under $90 for 3 people to have unlimited everything.

When I left AT&T I looked at every option available with other carriers. Just go to any T-Mobile store with your own used smart phone that you got off craigslist, you can still use your sim from your old carrier.
you're obviously on an older plan.. which is good.. those rates don't exist anymore..

i'm paying $92 including tax and garbage for 2 lines, 450 min, unlim texting, and 2gb each line for data.. and that plan doesn't exist anymore either..

if it goes up anymore, i'll get 2 styrofoam cups and a very long string....

Old 02-27-2014, 12:14 PM

1,410 posts, read 3,320,287 times
Verizon has a new plan which I just transferred over to: $45 a month for unlimited talk and text.

Old 02-27-2014, 06:19 PM

1,051 posts, read 1,486,513 times
Are you kidding ? Verizon for $45/mo unlimited anything!
Pinkstring - unfortunately I have to call govt offices
A lot. Medicare being one. I actually kept track
For a few months to see if I could go on a plan with minute
Limits. So I need unlimited.
I did omit text & saved $30/mo. People actually complain!
In our time of instant gratification I thing availability by phone,
Facebook & email should be fine. ESP since I don't have kids.

Old 02-27-2014, 06:53 PM

901 posts, read 1,899,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjameson922 View Post
Verizon has a new plan which I just transferred over to: $45 a month for unlimited talk and text.
Quote:
Originally Posted by localinsight View Post
Are you kidding ? Verizon for $45/mo unlimited anything!
It's not unlimited anything. That's only unlimited talk and text, not data. I don't know how much data is included in that $45, if any at all, but it's certainly not unlimited.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas