Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 12:00 PM

113 posts, read 358,222 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

We are still searching for a home and predominantly looking in the southern highlands area. Two quick questions that I have not been able to find the answers for here after doing a search. First, after much asking around I found out there are supposed to be two dog parks in sh (CJ dog park at Jones and Cactus) and another one. Does anyone know anything about these dog parks? Are they nice? what is the second one and where is it? They don't say anything about dog parks on the sh website. The next question is good restaurant/bars in sh? Any good take out/delivery places? I took a look around and found a baja fresh and a starbucks and smiths. Are there any community pools there? That's more than two questions. Sorry. Thanks.

D
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2007, 12:41 PM

359 posts, read 1,408,355 times
as for good take out and delivery, china a go go in the smiths plaza is a decent place. as for bars im not so sure. there was a thread here mentioned awhile ago try looking for it. as for dog parks, no so sure either. sorry lol i heard summerlin but im sure thats not anywhere near here ?

Old 11-14-2007, 03:58 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,374,099 times
Here is Parks and Rec's webiste with a list of all the dog parks. Typical of City Hall though, they don't include the addresses.

Find Parks and Facilities (Official City of Las Vegas Web Site)

Old 11-17-2007, 06:21 AM

23 posts, read 80,018 times
To answer your question about the community pools, it's not common to find them around town due to more than 80% of residents having one in their own backyard. I think the city has an indoor pool in the middle of downtown but it is not someplace I would take my family.

Sorry I couldn't be more help. :-(

Old 11-17-2007, 11:11 AM

15,756 posts, read 38,225,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elle's Mommy View Post
To answer your question about the community pools, it's not common to find them around town due to more than 80% of residents having one in their own backyard. I think the city has an indoor pool in the middle of downtown but it is not someplace I would take my family.

Sorry I couldn't be more help. :-(
Not quite. community pools are very common in less expensive tracts. Many do not have backyards suitable for a pool. SH is somewhat high economically so there may not be such tracts there. Summerlin has a couple and there are a number of tracts in Summerlin that have community pools.

Pool penetraton is under 20% until you get past 400K when it gets to half. Above 750K it is probably 80%

Old 02-06-2008, 09:30 PM

2 posts, read 11,515 times
just to let everyone know that southern highlands (actually just about anything south of 95) is not "in city limits". Parks are NOT on city of las vegas website. You have to go to Clark County and view parks there.
[url=http://www.co.clark.nv.us/Parks/Park_Locations_and_Amenities.htm]Clark County, Nevada-Park Locations and Amenities[/url]
and just FYI Henderson has their own listing of parks in their city....

Old 02-07-2008, 09:15 AM

1 posts, read 5,973 times
If dog parks and public community pools are important to you, consider looking on the west side of town near Summerlin. Desert Breeze Park at Durango and Spring Mountain has both. The dog park has 3 runs and is pretty nice. The pool has an indoor pool with lanes for lap swimming and another little area where I take my little (4 & 5 yr olds) kids to play and keep up their swimming abilities in the winter. There is also an outdoor pool w/ big slides and play areas. It is open 4-5 hrs every day and costs 2 or 3 dollars to get in. I just moved to this area a couple months ago and I like it pretty well, although we will probably move further into Summerlin when our lease is up.
Like others mentioned, many of the newer housing tracts have community pools, but those are not public.

Old 02-07-2008, 10:31 PM

2,404 posts, read 10,692,005 times
Silverado Ranch has a lot of dog parks, I think there's about 3 of them...

Old 01-22-2009, 08:15 PM

1 posts, read 5,117 times
Default dog parks

I think there are dog parks, but I don't use them. There are so many lovely bush walks that you can take your dog on.
Community pools - there's one at Mittagong but a new complex is planned for Bowral.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deefromlv View Post
Hi all,

We are still searching for a home and predominantly looking in the southern highlands area. Two quick questions that I have not been able to find the answers for here after doing a search. First, after much asking around I found out there are supposed to be two dog parks in sh (CJ dog park at Jones and Cactus) and another one. Does anyone know anything about these dog parks? Are they nice? what is the second one and where is it? They don't say anything about dog parks on the sh website. The next question is good restaurant/bars in sh? Any good take out/delivery places? I took a look around and found a baja fresh and a starbucks and smiths. Are there any community pools there? That's more than two questions. Sorry. Thanks.

D

Old 01-24-2009, 10:12 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,374,099 times
Just found a new Italian restaurant tonight on Durango just south of Flamingo. It's called Gina's, and when I say Italian, they are all from Italy. I had the lobster ravioli, wife had linguine and clams. Both were delicious. The salad dressing on the house salad was really good too. We split a piece of Grandmother's Cake, and had cappucinos afterward. Was as good as anything we found recently in Rome. They are waiting for their liquor license so if you want wine you'll have to take your own bottle right now. They'll furnish you glasses and won't charge you for it. They are very friendly and efficient. If you know any Italian here's a chance to use it, but their English is better than mine so don't worry about that. Before going to Italy we had heard all kinds of horror stories about how nasty Italians were and how they hated Americans. If any of that was true they sure covered it well because all we found were very friendly people. They seem to be very happy too. Anyway, that's the way we found Gina's. Very nice folks and excellent food at pretty reasonable prices, which was another pleasant surprise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas