Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 01:16 PM

135 posts, read 296,460 times

Advertisements

I'm starting to see more and more graffiti all over the vegas valley. In my new home community they keep coming back and tagging some walls, post light or utility boxes. In a few days it get's removed but a few days later the same thing happens again. Anyone else feel that this is just getting out of control? What can one do about this besides staying all night and catching them in the act?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2013, 02:26 PM

1,558 posts, read 4,810,198 times
Former Mayor Oscar Goodman wanted to cut their thumbs off that did not go over well.

Old 08-12-2013, 02:29 PM

2,700 posts, read 4,976,763 times
My suggestion would be that when they are caught.. They get a dose of their own medicine.. Spray paint their face....

I think tagging is one of the crappiest forms of vandalism.... Even cowardly.....

Old 08-12-2013, 03:01 PM

5,314 posts, read 7,847,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalbo View Post
Former Mayor Oscar Goodman wanted to cut their thumbs off that did not go over well.
Love him.. where else do you have a former mayor with a big billboard that says "Beef, Booze and Broads"..

Old 08-12-2013, 04:50 PM

10,864 posts, read 17,117,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latin_racer View Post
I'm starting to see more and more graffiti all over the vegas valley. In my new home community they keep coming back and tagging some walls, post light or utility boxes. In a few days it get's removed but a few days later the same thing happens again. Anyone else feel that this is just getting out of control? What can one do about this besides staying all night and catching them in the act?
We live within walking distance of each other. I think it's worse here on the East Side. It's bad over all the valley, but Sunrise is probably the worst area of town for taggers.

I think treating tagging like a real crime would be a start. But the kids would do it anyway. This is what happens when our culture glorifies ignorance.

Old 08-12-2013, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalbo View Post

The former mayor only cared because it's a vegas attraction spot.

Old 08-12-2013, 06:08 PM

10,864 posts, read 17,117,904 times
We don't need to know Oscar well to make that statement. Oscar did an admirable job keeping the tourist areas of town neat and tidy. Not so much the residential areas. No money for that after blowing our wad on keeping the Strip and downtown nice for the tourists.

Oscar knew where his bread was buttered. Still does.

And no, I've never met him. I'm just a politics junkie.

Old 08-12-2013, 06:46 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,552,614 times
It's bad all over the world. Art Crimes: City Walls: Europe

One of the traits of psychosis is that they don't respect anyone's property because they mistakenly think that nobody owns anything anyway.

The people that are supposed to be curing mental illness are actually causing it by drugging our kids for no reason other than to sell more drugs. And they were able to take over the schools back when today's parents, and some grandparents, were students. That's why it does no good to say that parents aren't teaching their kids right from wrong; because their own sense of right and wrong was taken away in order to give it to the vested interested group known as psychiatry. In keynote speeches of their first two or three conventions when the APA was formed, the then presidents of that group admitted that was their plan.

It is interesting, but incredibly sad, to note that per actual documented evidence (documented by psychs no less), no psychiatrist anywhere has ever cured anybody of anything. It's just the opposite as can be observed by anyone who doesn't have their head in the sand - the longer they are in charge, the more drugs they prescribe, the worse things get.

Every single mass killing one can name was done by a psychiatric failure who was being given psychotropic drugs. Every one.

Old 08-12-2013, 07:00 PM

It doesn't help when you have graffiti kids called artist.

Teenage graffiti artist tased, killed by police

What upset me is that the city sends out the crew to clean it up but instead they just paint over it so now you have a wall painted which doesn't match. We end up paying for the services. I guess i'll have to patrol at nights but I guess the city has bigger issues to deal with like hit and run and DUI's.

Old 08-12-2013, 07:27 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,929,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
We don't need to know Oscar well to make that statement. Oscar did an admirable job keeping the tourist areas of town neat and tidy. Not so much the residential areas. No money for that after blowing our wad on keeping the Strip and downtown nice for the tourists.

Oscar knew where his bread was buttered. Still does.

And no, I've never met him. I'm just a politics junkie.
Oscar has nothing to do with the strip and does pretty well throughout Las Vegas. The east side of course is generally not in Las Vegas so why would you blame the Mayor?

Amazing. Scoop has been here a while and still has not figured out how the government works.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: