Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 08:32 PM

139 posts, read 253,302 times

Advertisements

What are some good areas to meet local singles?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2007, 09:07 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,237,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyLF View Post
What are some good areas to meet local singles?
Cleaners
Supermarkets
Churches
Tennis Courts
Doggie Parks
Libraries
Swimming Pools
VP bars
Work
Gas Stations
Lectures
Hiking Trails
Haloween Parties
Art Shows
First Friday
Bicycling
Garden shows
The Springs
The Air Show
Fishing
Scuba diving at the Lake
Meet ups - various subjects
Sushi bars

Old 11-09-2007, 10:46 PM

26 posts, read 98,985 times
Thanks for all the good advice everyone! I really appreciate you taking the time to write.

Old 11-10-2007, 02:11 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,342,366 times
To the OP: can you please elaborate more on what you are looking for with regards to employment when you move to Vegas? As you will read on these forums, LV has a somewhat narrow economy with service type (and related) jobs leading the way. I'm certainly no expert on the city, but I have a feeling that those who move there with more formal or definitive plans tend to have better experiences than those who do not and move there on somewhat of a whim. I'm not saying you're necessarily moving there on a whim, which is why I was asking more about what you hope to do when you get there. As you'll read, a lot of people move there b/c they have enjoyed the time that they have spent there on vacation. Once they move there as full time residents, it's pretty common for their lives to take a turn for the worse. Because of the limited economy and temptation, I'd be particularly leary about moving to LV without a set plan. Again, this is meant to serve as a warning as opposed to discourage you from moving. If you provide us with more information on what you're looking for, maybe we can give more specific answers. Good luck!

Old 11-10-2007, 08:52 PM

25 posts, read 102,076 times
Too crazy! I'm actually moving from New Hampshire to Vegas as we speak. I grew up in San Diego but moved to NH in 2001 for a job. I liked it there but I'm looking for a change of pace and Vegas has always been one of my favorite places to visit. Nice to see that I'm not the only NH-ite moving to Vegas. Makes me feel a little less crazy.

Old 11-10-2007, 10:24 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,309,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIS123 View Post
To the OP: can you please elaborate more on what you are looking for with regards to employment when you move to Vegas? As you will read on these forums, LV has a somewhat narrow economy with service type (and related) jobs leading the way. I'm certainly no expert on the city, but I have a feeling that those who move there with more formal or definitive plans tend to have better experiences than those who do not and move there on somewhat of a whim. I'm not saying you're necessarily moving there on a whim, which is why I was asking more about what you hope to do when you get there. As you'll read, a lot of people move there b/c they have enjoyed the time that they have spent there on vacation. Once they move there as full time residents, it's pretty common for their lives to take a turn for the worse. Because of the limited economy and temptation, I'd be particularly leary about moving to LV without a set plan. Again, this is meant to serve as a warning as opposed to discourage you from moving. If you provide us with more information on what you're looking for, maybe we can give more specific answers. Good luck!
Some that move here on a whim do pretty good, not all go downhill. Those that don't plan, come here with no money, give up their homes where they lived before, those that come here with the same negative attitude they are leaving where they live with, etc, those are the one's that end up failing.
If people do enough research, come out and see the neighborhoods beforehand, line up a job, (very important!) and get all their ducks in a row beforehand, they will do well. Very important: If you come here without a job, have at least 6-12 months of money to tide you over just in case you don't magically get a job right away.
there are plenty of jobs outside of the service industry and you don't always have to know someone. That's total B.S for those that insist you do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: