Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2013, 07:29 PM

12,908 posts, read 28,050,650 times

Advertisements

A home was listed last weekend on my street for 234k Short Sale with the clause that new owner would lease back the property to the owners in it now for 1700. per month for 2 years... Never thought they would get a bite... realtor.com shows contingent offer. according to the listing, the price was approved by the bank.... lot of money to get 1700 per month back.. especially since we don't know what the home will be worth in 2 yrs... for both parties.... My crystal ball is saying in 2yrs 360k... Homes in the development were selling 500+ in 2005. It's not a huge home either... 2900sf with a very weird design and small pool... normal entrance, and stairs to upstairs entrance.... 2 car garage with a 1 car wide driveway until just in front of the garage.. Can't wait to see what it sold for... I guess the interesting thing is not many homes for sale here..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2013, 08:05 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,181,420 times
Yes, that does sound a little abnormal. I'm keeping tabs on some properties for sale and for rent in my neighborhood also.

Off the wall question...

Has anyone out there used the "make me move" feature on Zillow? One of my co-workers said he was messing around on the site. He set the "make me move" price to an unbelievable amount. His home isn't officially listed but RE agents are contacting him about potential buyers.

Just did some research...

(╯°□°)╯ ︵ ┻━┻

Old 06-20-2013, 09:47 PM

1,374 posts, read 2,441,381 times
$1700 monthly rent for 2 years is a very good return if the buyer pays $234K for the property.

Old 06-20-2013, 10:23 PM

2,928 posts, read 3,563,870 times
What's so crazy about it? Sounds like a good opportunity for an investor.

Old 06-20-2013, 10:51 PM

73 posts, read 104,057 times
We listed our home at $138/sqft. We know this is high, but we are in no hurry to move and just seeing if we can sell now to leave town. Single story on 0.25 acre lot. Lots of interest, we have had 9 showings in a week but no offers yet (priced too high). If it sells, we pack up and leave. If it doesn't, we still have a great home that we love with an affordable mortgage. I'm curious to see what happens...

Old 06-20-2013, 11:11 PM

6,386 posts, read 11,914,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGtoLV View Post
We listed our home at $138/sqft. We know this is high, but we are in no hurry to move and just seeing if we can sell now to leave town. Single story on 0.25 acre lot. Lots of interest, we have had 9 showings in a week but no offers yet (priced too high). If it sells, we pack up and leave. If it doesn't, we still have a great home that we love with an affordable mortgage. I'm curious to see what happens...
More "inventory" will start probing the market like you have and eventually some people will bite at the higher prices. But your success, if indeed it sells, will eventually draw in new inventory and the end of the "oh my god there is nothing to buy" mania will come. The real problem you are facing is a cash buyer won't be attracted to your property in the first place and a financed buyer probably has zero chance of getting an appraisal anywhere near your price so there is just no way an offer close to your list price can be made.

Old 06-20-2013, 11:31 PM

92 posts, read 114,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGtoLV View Post
I wouldn't advise my worst enemy to buy your overpriced house.
Clearly some of you are using this momentum to unload on some poor sool and bail out of Las Vegas.
Some things never change here.

Old 06-20-2013, 11:34 PM

3,598 posts, read 4,958,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_nlv View Post
Clearly some of you are using this momentum to unload on some poor sool and bail out of Las Vegas.
In other words, you're complimenting SGtoLV for being financially smart. That's so nice of you!

Old 06-21-2013, 07:29 AM

73 posts, read 104,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_nlv View Post
We're asking high $200's. A house with the same floor plan in the neighborhood went under contract a few weeks ago at $309 and is pending. I know this hasn't closed yet and for all I know it could be under contract at $250. If it closes anywhere near $300 appraisals in the neighborhood will be up. Another one is pending for $295,000 at around $130-135/sqft. Mine is overpriced but maybe not too far away. I am expecting a lower than list offer which we will most likely take. Just trying to offset the broker commission a little. Also, no one is forced to buy my home. It's listed. If one feels it's too high, don't even bother coming to look. No showings=message loud and clear to me. However, 9 showings in 1 week may not be so bad. Maybe it is though...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas