Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 06:50 PM

31 posts, read 48,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
^^ It's a shame, too because there are some really cute houses in the area. I triple agree with you about having a child in school over there. Not a good idea.
thanks nlvgal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2013, 08:47 AM

158 posts, read 265,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjameson922 View Post
I have a crime zip code map I used 3 yrs. ago when I first came to Las Vegas. Even at that time, that area (89107) was shown as second to worst in crime. Most women I know will not go to that mall alone at night. My map shows good areas being north of Ann and West of Rainbow, all the way down the west side and all across the south part of the city below Blue Diamond.
Any chance you still have that map? It looks like we're going to land in 89128... It looks nice. Close to Durango and Vegas Dr., on the north side of Vegas Dr.

Old 05-24-2013, 11:43 AM

12,973 posts, read 15,850,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaimilyn View Post
Any chance you still have that map? It looks like we're going to land in 89128... It looks nice. Close to Durango and Vegas Dr., on the north side of Vegas Dr.
Here you go. Note only the main map is up to date. Got to update the others one of these days but getting old and lazy.

Crime in Las Vegas

Old 05-24-2013, 11:56 AM

158 posts, read 265,679 times
Thanks, lvoc! Looks like we're in good shape.

Old 05-24-2013, 04:13 PM

2,719 posts, read 3,501,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaimilyn View Post
The area around Kellog Zaher Park on the that side of the 95 freeway is fine. There are some shopping and dining establishments in the area. It gets iffy once you cross onto the other side of 95. Once you passed the Best in the West commercial center, the area gets sketchy.

Old 05-25-2013, 12:15 AM

2 posts, read 1,309 times
Definitely take that crime map with a grain of salt. Some of the green areas may be nicer but they NEVER have police in those areas. For the most part police are not needed but the criminals do know that police do not patrol over there which is a very bad thing. I have lived out here for over 3 years and only seen the police 3 times and never patrolling, only when they had to be called.

I live in 89135(green area of that map) and my neighbors house has been robbed 2 times while they were out of town. The very first time the people actually broke down the front door in the middle of the day because they knew they didn't have to worry.

I work at the meadows mall and it is not horrible but definitely is the "ghetto mall".

Old 05-25-2013, 12:38 AM

12,973 posts, read 15,850,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikarm View Post
Definitely take that crime map with a grain of salt. Some of the green areas may be nicer but they NEVER have police in those areas. For the most part police are not needed but the criminals do know that police do not patrol over there which is a very bad thing. I have lived out here for over 3 years and only seen the police 3 times and never patrolling, only when they had to be called.

I live in 89135(green area of that map) and my neighbors house has been robbed 2 times while they were out of town. The very first time the people actually broke down the front door in the middle of the day because they knew they didn't have to worry.

I work at the meadows mall and it is not horrible but definitely is the "ghetto mall".
These are statistics. They show what they show. Burglary by the way is somewhat different than other crimes.

At my house we see a police car every third or fourth year. There is no reqason for them top come here so they don't.

Note that the best green to the worst red is a factor of about 4000. These are not small differences.

Another thing to note is that most crime occurs in commercial areas and on the arterials.

Old 05-25-2013, 01:15 AM

2,719 posts, read 3,501,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikarm View Post

.........and some of the drug busts happening in town are in those "nice" neighborhood.

Old 05-25-2013, 11:46 PM

2 posts, read 1,309 times
Yea they definitely are, that was the 3rd police car I have seen in this neighborhood.

I was just pointing out that statistics are just about worthless Ivoc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas