Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2013, 01:13 PM

58 posts, read 344,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CiDatak View Post
I was actually going 13 over, but the officer cited me for 5mph over.
Wow, this is exactly what happened to me 2 days ago. I was going 36mph in a 25-zone during school hours. Luckily, he gave me a break and cited me for 5mph over, and removed the "school-zone violation" since I slowed down to 31 right before I noticed him. I didn't even know I was in a school-zone until I saw the flashing 25mph lights, but by then..it was too late.

CiDatak, you didn't happen to driving on Torrey Pines between Spring Mtn & Flamingo did you? That was the location I was at, and the officer cited numerous individuals right after he was done with me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2013, 09:26 PM

23,251 posts, read 29,098,666 times
Oftentimes, I think the police here have the attitude: Alright, you cheapskates, you scream and holler everytime there's the prospect of your taxes being raised, you don't pay any state income taxes here, so take that!!!!!

Be willing to pay higher taxes, and we'll ease off! Your choice?

Old 05-05-2013, 09:46 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,144,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Oftentimes, I think the police here have the attitude: Alright, you cheapskates, you scream and holler everytime there's the prospect of your taxes being raised, you don't pay any state income taxes here, so take that!!!!!

Be willing to pay higher taxes, and we'll ease off! Your choice?
Cowchips

Old 05-06-2013, 02:49 PM

20 posts, read 85,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Girlesq View Post
It really depends on what court it is in whether an attorney would benefit you. If it is in justice court, you should get an attorney who can get the fines and points reduced--any of the municipal courts, it is harder for us to get the fines reduced, but we can get the points off without traffic school. The main reason that people hire us for traffic cites is if they don't want the hassle of going to the courthouse or if the citation goes into warrant

Hi Girlesq,

It's for LV Justice Court.

There is alot of traffic type lawyers ie. pink building, ticket buster, etc.
What's the difference? Are you guys all the same?
I can't imagine one law office having an advantage over another as far getting the fines reduced.
Does everyone get a straight X percent depending on type of citation?

Old 05-10-2013, 08:51 PM

629 posts, read 1,176,410 times
I always travel at the exact speed limit, and I get people aggressively zooming past me and cutting me off multiple times a day. About once a week I get treated to a middle finger after they pass me.

Ah, the friendly "small town" of Las Vegas.

Old 05-11-2013, 12:59 PM

171 posts, read 219,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by topaz420 View Post
I always travel at the exact speed limit, and I get people aggressively zooming past me and cutting me off multiple times a day. About once a week I get treated to a middle finger after they pass me.

We need more drivers like you!

Old 05-17-2013, 01:26 AM

88 posts, read 258,345 times
Quote:

As long as you stay to the right, no one should bother you. Just please don't park yourself in the left lane if there are people who want to go faster. If they are willing to accept the risk of a ticket let them go for it.

Old 05-17-2013, 06:04 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,141,740 times
Quote:

My favorites are the people that think Ann Rd is an extension of the 215. People regularly do freeway speeds on Ann. I guess it doesn't matter to them that there are school bus stops along the way. Nobody has flipped me off for doing the speed limit, but I've gotten the stink-eye when they zoom past.

Old 05-17-2013, 10:39 AM

526 posts, read 833,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
My favorites are the people that think Ann Rd is an extension of the 215. People regularly do freeway speeds on Ann. I guess it doesn't matter to them that there are school bus stops along the way. Nobody has flipped me off for doing the speed limit, but I've gotten the stink-eye when they zoom past.

Old 05-17-2013, 01:58 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,141,740 times
^^ looks like me before coffee in the morning.

Ive had one speeding ticket in my life. on Eastern. I've been in two car accidents (got rear- ended both times) on Eastern. When my first car decided to give up the ghost for good, guess which street it was on? I pretty much avoid Eastern now.

As far as the ticket goes, I paid double the fine via mail and it was dropped to a parking violation. I didn't even have to go downtown. This was many years ago, so that may not be an option anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas