Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2013, 11:43 PM

743 posts, read 968,264 times

Advertisements

hey bugbully, how do I get this bait with the special chemical in it...I'm ordering one of those wall things as I'm typing...anyone have good results with those things that plug in the wall?
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2013, 12:55 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,315,918 times
Why does boric acid work on everything else but german roaches?

Old 03-25-2013, 01:14 AM

10,864 posts, read 16,987,956 times
Best way to kill roaches? Nuke 'em from orbit. It's the only way to be sure. Otherwise, the best strategy is to remove the things that attract roaches in the first place -- food and water.

1) Roaches LOVE cardboard. Get rid of all the cardboard boxes in the garage. Try plastic tubs instead.

2) Roaches really, really love beer. If you drink beer, store the recycling OUTSIDE. (We put our bottles between the two central AC units. Convenient and unobtrusive.) Or rinse the bottles before you recycle them.

3) Keep a clean house. Of course.

4) Minimize water sources. Last person to use the shower towels it down. Don't leave water in the sink. Try to keep your house dry -- even a little water is like an oasis for a roach.

5) Pet food and pet bowls are like the all-you-can-eat buffet for crickets and roaches. Seal the food in something airtight and remove the water at night when your pet goes to sleep.

6) Liberal application of boric acid under the 'fridge, stove, cabinets, etc. remove their favorite hiding places.

7) Be on the lookout for roach scat. It looks like ground black pepper. If you see any, that's where roaches and crickets are. I had small piles near the trim-work in my garage, near the door into the house. I caulked that up tight. No more piles -- much fewer roaches. Be vigilant about this.

Old 03-25-2013, 06:30 AM

1,365 posts, read 4,470,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aardogfsu View Post
hey bugbully, how do I get this bait with the special chemical in it...I'm ordering one of those wall things as I'm typing...anyone have good results with those things that plug in the wall?

In Nevada you have to have to be licensed by the state to purchase the products we use.

Just to let you know, that the problem will still continue, unless you get the source taken care of. Especially with the heat coming on, there will be more activity.

Old 03-25-2013, 07:50 AM

526 posts, read 832,460 times
Could try this:

German Roach Killer

Old 01-05-2014, 02:02 PM

2 posts, read 6,181 times
Thumbs up Use Lavender Fabulosa as an Excellent Roach Spray!

Lavender Fabulosa is great for killing flies, but what most people don't know is that it is the most excellent product that you can use as a roach spray. Roaches cannot stand clean-scented floral products, and they choke on these fresh-scented cleaning solutions. Lavender Fabulosa kills roaches immediately on contact, and makes your house smell fresh, like lavender flowers, instead of the awful, nauseating and poisonous smell of roach spray. Lavender Fabulosa is completely non-toxic and safe to use around children and pets. It leaves a clean and fresh scent like air freshener. The very best method for getting rid of a roach infestation is to 1) remove any available food supplies from your pantry and shelves, 2) put out Glue Boards everywhere, 3) keep a spray bottle within reach and and continually spray the roaches with Lavender Fabulosa. Many of the roaches will get stuck, trapped and die on the Glue Boards, but there will be others that manage to avoid the bait, and will continue to thrive unless you spray every last one of them. Periodically replace the glue boards as needed, and continue to spray the Lavender Fabulosa cleaning solution on any remaining roaches that you see crawling. It helps to thoroughly clean and spray the solution behind shelves, dishwasher, stove, etc. Spray any visible roaches early in the morning on a regular basis, until they are all gone. Once you try Fabulosa, you will never want to use roach spray again.

Old 01-05-2014, 02:35 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,110,790 times
Seriously, just call the Bug Bully. You'll spend way too much time and energy (not to mention $$, because the over the counter products are not cheap) fighting this losing battle.

Bug Bully is extremely reasonable in terms of price, and does a really good job.

Old 01-05-2014, 03:18 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,398,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Seriously, just call the Bug Bully. You'll spend way too much time and energy (not to mention $$, because the over the counter products are not cheap) fighting this losing battle.

Bug Bully is extremely reasonable in terms of price, and does a really good job.
I hope the OP has already solved the problem (perhaps by calling the Bug Bully) because this thread is from March. It may well help someone else with a similar problem, though.

Old 01-05-2014, 08:45 PM

15,827 posts, read 14,466,566 times
Combat.

Old 01-05-2014, 09:39 PM

127 posts, read 227,091 times
I have been using the "coffee grounds in a jar" traps for years after seeing on the TV news many years ago. Roaches luuuuv coffee. We don't use ground coffee so I just buy the very cheapest ground coffee I can find at WMT. You only need a few tablespoons in a little water water at the bottom of the jar. I put several around the exterior of our house and in the garage. Works great. I just save our old salsa, pickle and sauce bottles, recap them after catching a few bugs and throw them in the trash.

There is an old thread here on CD on this subject:
https://www.city-data.com/forum/las-v...ap-photos.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: